IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :
Posted : May 3, 2010 12:58:43
The Georgia Guidestones
In June 1979, an unknown person or persons under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure. One popular hypothesis is that the patron's pseudonym may be a tribute to the legendary 14th-century founder of Rosicrucianism, Christian Rosenkreuz.
The Georgia Guidestones is a large granite monument in Elbert County, Georgia, USA. A message comprising ten guides is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages, and a shorter message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient languages' scripts: Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian hieroglyphs.
The structure is sometimes referred to as an "American Stonehenge." The monument is almost 20 feet (6.1 m) tall if the buried support stones are included, exactly 5.5 metres (18 ft) otherwise, and made from six granite slabs weighing more than 240,000 pounds (110,000 kg) in all. One slab stands in the center, with four arranged around it. A capstone lies on top of the five slabs, which are astronomically aligned. An additional stone tablet, which is set in the ground a short distance to the west of the structure, provides some notes on the history and purpose of the Guidestones.
A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
information obtained from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
Anyone here ever heard of these? I just found out about them recently. Some call them the "American Stonehenge". Others think they have to do with a New World Order conspiracy theory.
I did not create this thread to discuss whether or not they have to do with a conspiracy.
I created the thread to bring them to your attention, and to see what you all thought about them.
I am very intrigued by the structure, especially because of the messages inscribed on it and the precise astronomical alignments integrated into the structure.
Thoughts, comments, and discussion, are encouraged and appreciated.
Please do NOT discuss conspiracy theories!
Spreading Psytrance and Love in the Midwest USA