Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Delta- Send in...Send Back (D.Drum, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Delta- Send in...Send Back (D.Drum, 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Feb 7, 2002 19:51:32
[b][u]The Delta- Send in...Send Back (D.Drum, 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Intro 1:37
2. Def by Delta part1 5:59
3. Standby 7:14
4. Send in...Send Back 7:02
5. MJ. Error 6:17
6. A+B 5:21
7. Def by Delta part2 7:44
8. Fade 6:04
9. Lost&Found 6:55
10. PC Fresh 6:13
11. Basic Beat 11:48

OK, this was a hard one, I've listened to this CD maybe 20 times before I decided that I can write about it. This is something else for sure. It's hard and heavy stuff, very alienated, very mechanic, with a dark feel inside, yet with a lot of emotions that are covered well and hidden deep inside. Marcus combines here hard mechanic techno with dramatic gothic and almost classical lines and feel- it comes out very strong, and very different.
The gothic intro sounds like the opening to some apocalyptic science fiction movie with marching armies. Def by Delta part1 starts pounding soon after and presents the totally distorted sound that characterizes the whole album. I like distortions, My ears have experienced a lot of distortions at the time, but here it sometimes gets too much. In this track in particular it feels in place, and it feels like The Delta defines for us a wrecked world full of machines, full of distortion, with creepy elusive entities flying in between the mechanized horror. Standby (T3) follows- this is my favorite here and I wish there were a few more of the kind present- powerful moving beats and groove and amazing melodies. It totally caries the spirit of the intro, and I feel while listening to this track with its pounding distorted kick and sad almost despairing melodies as if I'm witnessing the destruction of the remains of an old civilization. Send in...Send Back (T4) starts the machines working hard- very mechanic and repetitive, the distortion is just too much, nice soft floating sequences flying every now and then- powerful for the dancfloor- hard to listen to at home. MJ. Error (T5) is pure machine work, hard cold grinding techno with excessive housey hi-hat work. A+B (T6) goes with the same line and gets boring. Def by Delta part 2 (T7) saves things up, with another apocalyptic gothic track of marching doom, this time with a little thread of light woven inside that opens up to some possible optimistic future. Fade (T8 ) starts up with that light shining, though it is camouflaged in a storm of pounding kicks that can just get to be too much at this stage. Lost & Found (T9) is another nice combination of dramatic science fiction melodies- music for discovering new planets- and mechanic pounding kicks and percussions. PC Fresh is an excellent energetic techoish & housey tune that sound completely out of place here. It's nice to have the distortion lifted up, though. Basic Beat finishes things up in a breakish chilled open atmosphere (compared to the rest), though the marching armies are still here shouting distorted messages I can't get. After the track finishes you have some hidden messages and wake up calls, it seems Marcus is trying to wake us up, but... recycled as fire lighters ? ? ?

[b]Bottom Line: [/b]Difficult work here, listen to it at least twice before you decide to buy. This CD has A LOT inside, but I think that nothing bad would happen if 2 tracks were dropped out here, and if the distortion would be lighted up a bit at the end. Why make it all so difficult for the listener? [b]Favorites: [/b]1, 2, 3(!), 4, 7(!), 9, 10 (but not here), 11.

___Psai-Sai
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 7, 2002 20:25:50
One of the best albums of 2001 IMO, respect :)
Amazing, extra hard & hypnotic, no more words needed...
___Unbalanced
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Feb 7, 2002 22:47:37
full power dark tech trance , IMhO (after 1000 listens) - master piece !

http://www.isratrance.com/cgi-bin/boardnew//YaBB.pl?board=CDReviews&action=display&num=4428

___BUBUNOTSETS
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 8, 2002 04:52:39
too heavily distorted 4me...............ra ve-ahzary miday[&i love tetraktys so...think twice b4 buying].
p.s:standby is good
___Receptor
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 8, 2002 06:28:22
IMO best album of 2001 period.
___Psai-Sai
Old Forum Member
Posted : Feb 8, 2002 14:23:29
And another thing, Wayan & Arne (Spirallianz/Midi Miliz) are heavily involved in this production, and you can tell by listening :)
By the way, when is X-Dream - Irritant going to be out (if not out yet, also on D.Drum) ???
___CozyCactus
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 8, 2002 17:10:35
genious simplicity:)!
p.s. irritant is out on vision quest mix by x dream
___Psai-Sai
Old Forum Member
Posted : Feb 8, 2002 18:58:35
I ment the album my friend ;)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Delta- Send in...Send Back (D.Drum, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance