a'damn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  89
Posted : May 18, 2008 21:12:01
Artist - Texas Faggott
Album - Kininigin
Record Label - Exogenic

Review -

Ladies and gentlemen, the Faggotts are back.
It's been a while since Texas Faggott have unlocked your skull, opened your mind and then filled it with puke n piss; but the wait is over and it feels more transcendent than ever before.

If you don't know Texas Faggott, this review might be a bit rough to follow; but give it a try and maybe you'll learn something.
In the Psychedelic Trance world, there are some artists who try and write 'dark' and 'evil' music. At the same time, those artists talk about Bodhisattva and Buddhism. The concept is that experiencing a night of evils makes you face your demons and transcend to a higher level of spiritual awareness and being. The problem is that most of that so called dark and evil music isn't dark and the "power" that it is supposed to harness is nothing but shit. The music is shit. The enlightenment is shit. It is filled with shit. The punters are not true mandala vandals.

Texas Faggott are not evil, they are not dark, but their music is harder, stronger, more twisted, more chunky, more funky and more expressive than anything those Evil Punters ever produce. What is sad, and sometimes frustrating, is that when most people discuss Texas Faggott, they speak as if the Faggotts are nothing more than pranksters and jokesters. While there is certainly humor in some of their music, they aren't Flight of the Conchords for the psychedelic world. Over the past 10+ years, the Faggotts have created a strikingly perfect balance of twisted noises and creepy synth lines, and then mixed them up with a bit of humor and cheery playful elements. The resulting product is consistently a mindfuck of epic proportions that will keep you dancing from night into the morning.

Think of this as the difference between the original Evil Dead and the PG-13 remake of 'Prom Night' that was recently released. Texas Faggott have all the right skills, like Sam Raimi, where as the Evil Punters are more of a tamed 'Prom Night' recreation. They might think they know what they are doing, but they are far from reaching the pinnacles of greatness.

So, back to the album. If you are familiar with the No Possible Soundz comp from 6-Dimension Soundz, then reflect on the track 'Jet Pilot' from Flying Scorpions (one half Texas Faggott and one half Squaremeat). Take that track and multiply that by 15 and you have the album. It is dark, but filled with a good spirit to move with. It is twisted and at times will confuse your reality while dancing under the stars this summer, but it will also sedate you and make sure that you are not in any pain during the procedure. And, simply put, it is psychedelic as only the Faggotts know how to produce. There have been others who have tried to emulate the sound, but no one gets it right.

It's been a long wait since the last Faggott album -something like 4 years- but the new one is here and you'll want to add it to your collection.
It is everything you have been wanting, even if you didn't know that this is what your brain was calling out for.

And, as the final clincher as to why this album rules, the Genre listed for the album in iTunes is . . . . Children's Music.
Yeah.
I think I would have to agree.

After all, life simply is child's play.
Once you remove your attachments to the physical world and become a true mandala vandal, everything else can be handled by a three year old.
xoxox

Rating
10 out of 10

A few days later . . .

I have decided that this album is tough.
It's an intense tough album. It is hard and dark. It is deep and rich.
However, as stated above, it doesn't sound like generic forced evil.
This album isn't for the psychedelic virgins. Some minds might not be able to handle all of this trip.
But trust me, if you want to go for a ride, give this one a chance.

Best album they have done sine their first Mandalavandalz album 'Hong Kong Knightlife'
          nlm - http://goaconstrictor.com v4.2
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 19, 2008 13:43
Hard and "dark", yeah. Nothing evil here, just some good tunes           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : May 19, 2008 14:44
Just brilliant man... heard it just once so not enough to do justice with many words ... Tha Faggots take it into the 150s with an insane amount of love. Which planet is this Goa on!!?!!
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 20, 2008 02:37
very very rich album..what i can say..just awesome..
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : May 20, 2008 07:12
yeah very nice album , tho this time more dancefloor oriented , i miss some of the funny twisted vibes but great album none the less .. would work well both @ nite and in the day .. good 1 .. will order next batch
reeps

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 20, 2008 13:53
*cites flight of the concords new album cover, with blue meanies on the front*
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : May 21, 2008 20:29
What a great album. Every track is a unique and excellent piece of music.
Frustrating knowing top slot LA djs would be too pussy to play this (I'm calling you out fools).
Just another album I'll be listening to with my middle finger out the window.

Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : May 23, 2008 15:06
An insane album Quality and originality awesome music!!

Big up faggotts!
Deep-Fryer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : May 25, 2008 09:17
A'Damn/Mr. Constrictor:

Its cool that you know the true meaning of a "mandala vandal". Makes me want to run up into the Tibetan monastery with a leaf blower           {':' }Deep Fryer/Squirmtronix{ ':'}
["0,c]Global DAT/Adama Recs/Esoteric Gen[c,0"]
(>x<!)soundcloud.com/squirmtronix(!>x<)
TweekerD

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 28, 2008 16:14
Texas Faggott always inching closer to the ultimate goal: "Easy Listening"!!!

This album simply rules. It's a psychedelic adventure. So what if people say it's more "dancefloor oriented"??? Does it make it less of a masterpiece or less psychedelic? I don't think so!

I don't think Texas Faggott ever went away. Everyone has more and less productive periods. Well TF is on a productive one now.

More more more psy for me, Timo and Pasi!!!

BOM           "We just got that Volcano lit...

...Gee, I thought Tarzan was set in Africa!"

- 1979 Flashdance, Haltya
schizotronic

Posted : Jun 19, 2008 20:33
Psychedelic Trance is alive!
Dark el kante
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 5, 2008 18:35
light in the darkness...,dark in the brightness with a delightful style
brilliant!!!
fungris

Posted : Jul 6, 2008 06:19
they go it going on!!!
this is what its all about,
insane stuff.
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Aug 11, 2011 13:18
I know this review is over 3 years old, but I just found it and had to chime in.

These guys have great music and are cool to hang out with. Not sure about their latest releases as I have not heard from them.

However, I don't know any artist who tries to write evil music and talks about Bodhisattva or Buddhism. Examples? And Im not sure where you got the idea for that concept about facing evils and whatnot either. Sources for this information?           info/tourdates/psy
http://soundcloud.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.facebook.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.beatspace.com
3rd Album \\\"Equations\\\" on 2to6 records
a'damn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  89
Posted : Aug 18, 2011 12:02
I think everything you post is biased...

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7483

http://180.149.254.27/show/cover.asp?titleID=7483

15. Everything Is Love

Hell, Timo's new project is called Satanic Disney.

If you aren't getting the jokes or comments/discussions therein, perhaps you are taking things too seriously.

Digging up a 3-year-old dead review to posit this inquiry? Damn...

As far as this album goes though, I've been blasting Mandalavandalz "Poison Machine" a lot lately. That album is fucking SLAMMING!

nlm - http://goaconstrictor.com v4.2
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Texas Faggott - Kininigin

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance