Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Telefon Tel-Aviv- Fahrenheit Fair Enough (Hefty, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Telefon Tel-Aviv- Fahrenheit Fair Enough (Hefty, 2001)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 2, 2002 12:26
Telefon Tel-Aviv- Fahrenheit Fair Enough (Hefty, 2001)
1. Fahrenheit Fair Enough 6:40
2. TTV 3:33
3. Lotus above Water 3:33
4. John Thomas on the Inside is Nothing But Foam 5:15
5. Life is All About Taking Things in and Putting Things Out 4:45
6. Your Face Reminds Me of When I Was Old 6:55
7. What’s the Use of Feet If You Haven't Got Legs? 4:15
8. Introductory Nomenclature 4:38
9. Fahrenheit Far Away 1:22

Someone recommended this, and since I liked the weird name and their website's atmosphere (www.telefontelaviv.com) and I like to buy things blindly every once in a while (some of my best music I discovered this way), I went on and bought this on line. It was worth it- big time!

I don't know anything about these guys, but their music is just excellent. The album starts with lush atmospheric melodies sprayed on abstract and totally psychedelic squeaky breaky rhythm and percussion work. They also use an endless array of technologic sounds, and there are moments it all sounds like an orchestra of electrical equipment. As a person that does not own a cell phone for ideological reasons, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what happened to some friends who own them when they visited and I played this CD- quite funny it was. But this is still a chilling CD, and in the middle everything gets much more relaxed, almost piano bar stuff in T5, and full of so much feel and subtle emotions in T6, just beautiful. In the end things go back to loungy, almost jazzy, music, but still enough to say with occasional jungley squeaks and tweaks.

Bottom Line: Highly recommended. A perfect ambient CD offering both background relaxation and an interesting musical story when you choose to dive inside it. Packed with musical talent and feel. Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6(!), 8.
You can get it pretty cheap online here: https://www.heftyrecords.com/store/frames.asp

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

david kebab
Faction

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 2, 2002 23:10
hefty is a very nice label. i really dig their stuff.
telefon tel aviv are a known player in the scene of post rock/glitch music. they play live instrumets and electronic production.
also worth the phil renlin remix album from them.
here`s a list of stuff you should try in the vein of hefty:
1.kitty yo - german label great music
http://www.kitty-yo.com
2.morr music
http://www.morrmusic.com/home.htm
my favorites are isan and lali puna.
3.delsin - great dutch label of innovative music.
http://www.delsin.org - all the realses are massive as hell.
all this stuff is the tip of the iceberg.

[ This Message was edited by: david kebab on 2002-05-02 23:15 ]
oko

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 2, 2002 23:33
Telefon Tel Aviv are based in Lousiana. Two guys, Joshua Eustis and Charles Cooper,
indeed, really really good stuff, a little aphexhish, but much more listenable...
lotus above water, one of the best ever...
go shahar, keep on the good reviews of good music!

[ This Message was edited by: oko on 2002-05-02 23:34 ]
Psygirl®
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  189
Posted : May 18, 2002 23:15
I've only heard Fahrenheit Fair Enough and that track says it all.
Their sound is electro-melodic. It is glitchy and metallic..
Can't wait to hear their album           Live for the journey, not the destination.
liquid bamba

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 19, 2002 12:12
well girl,
i also liked so much thhis track.....but the rest.....
wasnt even close!..
but thats just me ya know           I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, its a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do,and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
-Dr. Seuss
V.O.R
2HI

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Jul 5, 2002 21:34
I reeally enjoyed this album... lot´s of little noises, like small machines working full time... it´s very urban oriented chill out, for my taste, but still nice atmosphere... nice to listen in a big city such as Sao Paulo...           vor2hi@hotmail.com
http://www.neurobiotic.com
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jul 11, 2002 15:09
yeah,couch culture one..
nice one also..           Believe your soul !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Telefon Tel-Aviv- Fahrenheit Fair Enough (Hefty, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance