Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Talisman (Interchill, June 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Talisman (Interchill, June 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jun 14, 2003 19:46
Talisman (Interchill, June 2003)
1. Manasse meets The Equalizer feat. Knati- Temper Dub 3:47
2. Neil Sparkes & The Last Tribe- Talisman (dub praises mix) 4:58
3. Eat Static- Caridwen 6:41
4. Jumbo Layer- The Lily Dub 6:41
5. Jah Wobble & The Invaders of the Heart / Molam Dub- Lam Tam Way Dub 3:28
6. Suns of Arqa- Ark of the Arqans 4:33
7. Gargoyles- Evil Do'ers 7:21
8. Ott- Scilly Automatic 7:41
9. Jah Wobble & Bill Laswell- Orion 7:44
10. Stress Assassin- Time 4:54
11. Adham Shaikh- Sabadub (G-string mix) 10:08
12. The Kumba Mela Experiment- That Which I Could Only Sense 4:22

Another Interchill release on their mission to chill the world, it is a blessing as all of their previous ones I've heard. This time Andrew's doing it the rasta way with a dubby compilation filled with varied interpretation of the staggering wavy beats and floating delayed sequences originating from Jamaica. And varied it is, starting with more traditional dubby vibes, then touching some tribal influences with a side trip to more loungy spaces with Eat Static (T3) and the excellent Jumbo Layer track (T4). Then comes the most special track here, a crazy hypnotic chanting piece involving the legendary Jah Wobble, that is yet to return here. Lam Tam Way Dub is like nothing you've heard before, though it kinda breaks the flow of the music. Then things turn more psychedelic with the too weird Suns of Arqa track (T6) and two Ott tracks. The first is with Mr. Posford as Gargoyles- amazing moody mellow psydub piece, though the sexy samples in the middle don't fit the mood of the track, and ruin it a bit for me. Then it's the Twisted prodigy on his own, with Scilly Automatic (T8), an amazing psydub journey with a great sample. From here things stay pretty much excellent. Jah Wobble returns teaming with electronic world music guru Bill Laswell with the amazing penetrating mellow Orion (T9), Stress Assassin takes things to space, and Adham Shaikh supplies a real trip in Indian sounds (T11), till it ends with the psychedelic aquatic That Which I Could Only Sense.

Bottom line: great chilled varied psydub release that melts well few worlds of music. The beginning doesn't flow flawlessly, but then things just all fall into place, and it's a real joy, with some shining sparks of genius. Favorites: 3, 4, 5(!!!), 8(!), 9(!!), 10, 11(!!), 12.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Lucas Aly
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 16, 2003 21:08
I'm not an expert on Ambient (although i love it).
This Interchill compilation is close to perfection... all tracks are very nice and as shahar already said... t1 with some reggae beats , really good i enjoy it a lot.
Some tribal (reminds me an old cd i have Chants of the old indians , or something similar to it, 1994) and modern influences too... if you're looking for a new amb cd, that's the one u shoul pick
*my prefs in order: 11 / 5 / 3 / 1 & 10
          we are one.
eghy13

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 08:56
Exchanged entheogenic [relax] for this, and am not dissapointed. But I am surprised this release did not receive that much attention, especially considering all the attention 'dub, sweat and tears" (also interchill) is currently receiving....
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 21:12
This release was great. I remember once driving at about 5 in the morning with my dad up to the country through the heaviest mountain fog I have ever experienced, and thinking that death could be really close. hehe. However, Talisman made that possibility that much more acceptable and natural.
One of the most beautiful driving experiences ever.          Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Talisman (Interchill, June 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance