Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Taika-Kim - Goddess Guerrilla (2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Taika-Kim - Goddess Guerrilla (2006)

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Sep 27, 2006 10:04
Taika-Kim
Goddess Guerrilla

1. Et In Arcadia Ego (If you start, you'd better goa all the way)
2. Auringon Kanssa
3. Zarjaz Beats!
4. Kaikki-Alla
5. Dance of Tomorrow
6. Goddess Guerrilla
7. Vapausvoima
8. Stone Age Economics & Space Age Tools
9. Je Vivroie Liement (AVP Heart of Winter mix)

http://www.aavepyora.net/music/goddess/0etukansi.jpg
http://www.aavepyora.net/music/goddess/0takakansi.jpg

you can download this album and his previous on their site,
http://www.aavepyora.net/musa/efp.html
please donate if you like the music...

well short review listened to this one all night working at home and I love it,
saw him live passed weekend and got a copy of this incredeble album.

What is Taika-Kim ?
100 % goatrance, old skool to the bone.
all the element are present, the atmosphere, the typical sounds, the more doof kick.
I like old skool, specially when I get the chanche to hear something new like this,
but how does Taika-Kim keep on drawing my attention all night long,
we had old skool artist releasing and producing right now like filteria, khetzal etc...
some call them new-school because indeed they use all the element of old skool but the sound and atmosphere is different because of the evolution of music technology...
WELL...
that's the absolute plus point of Taika for me, not in a thousand years you can hear that this album is released in 2006, it suits perfectly in 1997, if you wouldn't know it, you shouldn't hear,
and I think that's amazing, don't know why, but that typical old skool touch is so major present in this release I just can't get enough of it. The symplicity just one second that pops up can be so amazing,
to be honest is you analyze this release it isn't that sophisticaded at all, again an example that music is about 'feeling'and not pure based on math in cubase for example,

well enough brabbeling, maybe a picture about the music itself.

Goddess Guerilla is indeed goatrance like we experienced goatrance in 1997 etc, so it is morning tinted from the beginning until the end, the tracks are not based on fast melodies or basslines but have a continue tempo of speaking waves carressing my ear. Like the first rastaliens they play with their sound continue, and for some it'll be too cheezy. the whole release is a journey, it's not waiting for a climax or better to come, you can count on it any moment. Intro's en outro's are not that special, even the sound they use is not original, but damn it taika kim knows perfect how to use it and keeping your mind busy all night long. More layers are being used, it's not pure one layer moring trance like california sunshine, the typical acid goa sound is present. I don't know how to describe it, their sound is a bit like the old battle of the future buddhas from 1998 and the old ka-sol but not that full, it's like he uses that sound like yahel's first tracks, digital karma,one man game; rastaliens. theirs always a certain layer present but your attention goes to the treble little speaking waves leaving and coming, no full climaxes, no full waves, supriously some vilion very short and that's good, the approach of non direct satisfaction is what I like within goa artist no matter which style,
Taika - kim teases the mind, caresses your ears but won't let you unsatisfied at the end of the release, but then again not to overloaded so it's certainly no problem to push the repeat button.

thanx for the good live act Taika-Kim liked it a lot,
long time agoo old skool drawed my attention so heavenly like this weekend,
a suprise I shall never forget

Keep up the good work and until next time,
heared maxime booked you again,
I'll be there.

Maximum respect koen
          http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Taika-Kim
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Nov 4, 2006 14:54
Hah, I never was into technical trickery, I'm not good at that. I just like filters & distortion
D.A.R.K

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 4, 2006 16:39
This is an album which reminisces the old goa era

great to keep the spirit alive.
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Apr 3, 2008 00:12
wow... first time im listening to this album... its different... but very special... my favorite is the goddess guerilla track... psychedelic in a very funky way... is there anything new from him or producers that make similar musaq?
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 4, 2008 14:16
great music allways from Taika-Kim..BIG Respect!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Taika-Kim - Goddess Guerrilla (2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance