Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - System Nipel - Deep Into Matter (Trancelucent, 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

System Nipel - Deep Into Matter (Trancelucent, 2006)

Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 15:29
The new System Nipel album “Deep Into Matter” on Translucent certainly had some cool packaging- a cool see-through plastic case and stuff, killer! Wasn’t that familiar with their tunes, so was pretty open going into this one- and it actually quite surprised me. Quite a few nice tracks here, in a range of morning full-on styles. A bit hit and miss in some cases, but overall definitely not a bad package from these guys.

All the tunes have a definate morning feel, there are some nice collaborations with Visual Contact and Electrosun and a remix of a Misted Muppet track- for fans of this dancefloor oriented morning sound I’m sure this would be a pretty good buy. It does a get a bit ravey in some patches though, I refuse to go on about it too much though.

Album starts with Dream Vision- a very mellow, floaty melodic affair with some nice effected acoustic guitar sections. Very melodic and positive, but quite nice as a track, very funky and feelgood. Beach-trance.

Lift Me Up featuring Visual Contact lifts the pace a bit- nice big solid bass on this one. Definitely don’t mind a bit of Visual Contact I expected these 2 to make a good pairing. Very solid at the start, but sadly few ravish melodies creep in toward the end and it cheeses right out. Beginning was promising, but didn’t really like where it went. A shame.

Steal The Robot has the same kind of feel as the last tune, but manages to keep a lid on wigging out so much, its good. Very traditionally trance sound- but its not called traditional without a reason- it works. Positive morning music.

Afronomical continues the theme- very much a positive album this one. Melodies are all major and very bright and happy. Funky feel to this one, fans of Rinkadink might like this one I think. Cool, but a little lighthearted for me and the melodies toward the end I’m not so fond of.

The title track “Deep into Matter” definitely starts with a wallop- some nice solid bass on this one. Vocalish morning stuff isn’t really my cup of tea, this one gets very full tilt but has some nice drops and buildups. Tidy production but maybe a bit too on the rave end for me again.

Electrosun is one of my favourite artists from this distribution group- hes released a couple of stormers which have absolutely rocked me on the dancefloor. His collaboration with System Nipel- Fairy Telly is for sure one of the best on the album. Positive, Rocking morning trance- nothing new but very workable and a great dancefloor tune. Nice stuff.

Quest for the Future represents I think the most boundary pushing track on the album. Some nice original ideas in the production a really phat kick. Don’t really like the sound so much toward the end, but this one is a good one to show off System Nipel’s production skills, they are pretty tight. I’ll put this one down to taste and cheese factor.

Donkey Drunkey is a quirky affair, but definitely overdoes it a bit for me. Last few tracks have reminded me a little of the last Future Prophesy album which I didn’t like much. A bit too much work on the melody seems to override the actual effect of the whole track for me, maybe it’s a taste thing.
His remix of The Misted Muppet – The Legend is quite good as far as remixes go. I’m familiar with the original and I must say I think the System Nipel version is a tad better. I’ve never been a fan of this “classical” style melodic work in psy, it’s a bit too windy and over-the top for me- but as a remix, I’m sure fans of the original will appreciate.

Cd finishes up with a downbeat track – Unlimited (Chill Out Remix). These melodies work a lot more in this music- very middle eastern sounding affair, must be an Israeli thing to go back to the roots with these closing chill tracks on full-on albums. Nice listen though!

Overall, System Nipel’s new album Deep Into Matter wasn’t a bad affair, but wasn’t overly great either. For fans of the more positive, morning style- look into it for sure- I really think with these kind of releases it comes down a lot to taste- although I will say it doesn’t push a lot of boundaries as far as sound goes either.

Some nice moments though- very much trance to make the dancefloor and enjoy themselves. Very cool cover though- would look pretty funky in the cd wallet. Positive music for the sunshine, with a small sprinkle of cheese.

6.5/10
          Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
israelite

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 22:29
amazing album.....unique sounds
good job guys!

InsoMnia__tOm
Insomnia

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 17:02
I very like the album ..there is a good sound and beautiful melodys .. good work System Nipel ... :)
sketi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 11, 2006 05:58
this to me is the definition of cheese. good cheese none the less
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 12, 2006 14:19
Quote:

On 2006-06-11 05:58, sketi wrote:
this to me is the definition of cheese. good cheese none the less

If this is cheese, then nice, pour me so more, I love fondue           V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 12, 2006 21:32
Incredible its very refreshing!!! good for the change!!!
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 13, 2006 10:42
like the basslines,
the sound is good but not specially new but works with me...
good strenght imo...           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
SYSTEM_NIPEL(ANTON)
System Nipel

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 13, 2006 21:58
thanks to all ppl with this good words , and thx for support for us and we very happy to see it
Electra(Galia)
Electra

Posted : Jun 20, 2006 12:21
Rubiii & Anton ppl u rockk... great album !           am a female... :)
Dannyreggae

Posted : Jun 21, 2006 20:29
Great album. Every track a killer.
Andrew
Voice Of Cod / Zuloop

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 22, 2006 01:28
good luck nippels.. little bit clubby for my taste but that certainly floats some boats
juggler
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jul 8, 2006 17:52
System Nipel - Deep Into Matter
Trancelucent Productions

Promotional Thread

'Deep Into Matter' is System Nipels highly anticipated debut album presenting 10 massive dance floor hits, all tested with much success all over the world.
System Nipel are Rubi Yacobov and Anton Lunev both 21, living and producing in their home town Beer Sheva, located in the Southern parts of Israel.
This magical duo already very much known for their brilliant innovative interpretations to sound and production have cooked up an album fit for kings.
This fascinating album includes cooperation's with respected acts such as: Electro Sun, Visual Contact, and also includes a cherished chill out rmx to their already released track Unlimited and a blasting remix to The Misted Muppets classic track 'From the legend' System Nipel take us on an adventure filled with insight and groove, loaded with passion and emotion.
Deep Into Matter succesfuly captures the essence of psychedelic trance, taking it one step further, resulting in this massive release.

Track list:

01 System Nipel - Dream Vision
02 System Nipel - Lift Me Up
03 System Nipel - Steal The Robot
04 System Nipel - Afronomical
05 System Nipel - Deep Into Matter
06 System Nipel - Fairy Telly
07 System Nipel - Quest For The Future
08 System Nipel - Donkey Drunky
09 The Misted Muppet - From The Legend (System Nipel Remix)
10 System Nipel - Unlimited (Chill Out Remix)

Review:

System Nipel’s debut album, I hope to listen great morning stuff here

Track 1 has a groovy and rhythmic bass line...there are some acoustic guitar sounds very mellow and melodious - seems like some kind of a Sevilhanas track, acomplished by some exotic melodies.

Track 2 with Visual Contact has a strong and mature kick bass line...very nice and open morning melodies, the only thing I don’t like is the woman sing behind.

Track 3 has a groovy and energetic bass line, some quiet psy tunes mixed with some morning melodies and a woman vocal sample more close to the end that gives the track an oriental feeling.

Track 4 starts very pacific and peaceful, has some cheesy and sunny melodies all acomplished by a strong and power bassline.

Track 5 is the title track...has again that strong and power System Nipel’s bassline, some psy sounds full of effects and some morning and quiet melodies...the man’s voice sample in the middle breaks all

Track 6 is my favourite here...it has a killer kick bass line, some deep psy sounds mixed with some beautiful sunshine melodies, well choosed samples...and a great construction of all this elements

Track 7 could be another great track if there wasn’t that voice sample...it has a great construction but that sample broke it completely.

Track 8 has been previously released in Pure Imagination 3 from Utopia...starts very slowly but after the bassline gains more power and the party begin...it has a beautiful and mystic melodie that puts a smile in everyone’s face

Track 9 is more agressive and fast (148bpm)...it has a nice construction, some psy sounds very deep and mystic...bassline full of energy and some kind of a horn that gives some power and suspense to the track.

To finish the album we have a downbeat track, very quiet and relaxing, ideal for sofa listening

If there wasn’t that voice samples in some tracks I think this album could be one masterpiece...all tracks have great construction and killer basslines, I’m waiting for the next album but please with less woman voice samples

7/10

Pedro Gaspar aka Juggler
          DJ JUGGLER (United Beats Rec. / Crystal Matrix)
http://www.facebook.com/djjugglerpt
http://www.facebook.com/jugglingpt
http://www.facebook.com/freakyfiction
http://www.facebook.com/techtwistpt
veridia

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 10, 2006 21:52
Quote:

Track 5 is the title track...has again that strong and power System Nipel’s bassline, some psy sounds full of effects and some morning and quiet melodies...the man’s voice sample in the middle breaks all

The man's voice reminded me of Stevie B, or some freestyle artist. Which is good for me, because I like that style of vocal, pretty uplifting.

What sample is that of anyways?
Goddess of Chaos

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 11, 2006 17:17
Quote:

On 2006-07-08 17:52, juggler wrote:

Track 6 is my favourite here...it has a killer kick bass line, some deep psy sounds mixed with some beautiful sunshine melodies, well choosed samples...and a great construction of all this elements

The bass-note change at 4:20 in the song is just KIILLAARGGH!! Reviving similarity from an old System Nipel classic 'Prologic'-- You guys are too good.. love ur stuff

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace"
psykadu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Jul 13, 2006 14:11
"Quest For The Future" is a great track.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - System Nipel - Deep Into Matter (Trancelucent, 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance