First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Suria - Dark Side Of The Sun

Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 02:06:36
...is a great album! I love every single track on both CDs.

I want more like this! I don't know how to describe the style, but it's very night-vibe, very clear, not too cluttered, and very constant and driving, with no anthemy buildups.

Please tell me someone has made something this good since 2004!
bbgun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 05:48
Amazing album
sure_smoke_alot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 07:26
ahhh old memories
i luved the cover as well           the problem with valuing art is, till u dont understand it, it's worthless but wen u do understand it, it's priceless!!
scobbah
Kiriyama

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 09:25
If someone doesn't like it and would like to get rid of their original copy, pm me, please...            Aural transmissions from the deep forests of Sweden
www.dvsmrecords.org - 'Patterns II EP' by Silent Horror out now!
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 09:40
Ja Kiri, you beat me to it.

Yeah apart from being a brilliant double-album this also happens to be one of the hardest releases to find on CD. Still hunting for a copy.

Cover-art is aweeeesome!

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=326674

First appearance of the blue butterfly too no?
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 11:11
Hell yea, raw power album that.
Magnitude also bomb but on minimal side.
I want more like this too
          `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 11:58
Man.... just the name of this album gives me Goosebumps!!! .. hehe..... One of my fav albums ever!!! ... I hope they do a remaster of this... and re release it!... will be a sell out for sure!
Im dying to get one original...... ! Mr audialize... r u listening ??
          www.braindrop.in
Axis Mundi
Axis Mundi

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 12:36
Wow, what an awesome title. I had this CD a while and used to listen to it all the time, until I forgot I had it, and reading this thread made me dig it out again and hear it... and hot damn!
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 14:40
Quote:

On 2009-09-17 02:06:36, Shiranui wrote:
I don't know how to describe the style

I discovered this album around the sametime rolling basslines from Russia was introduced to my ears (psykovsky, Fungus Funk .. )

At that time it felt like it belonged in the same catagory as those mentioned artists from Russia, though it had as you explain a more clean full-on'ish style. I downloaded it and really found myself enjoying it's offerings, but my newly found love of PsyCore music from Russia exhailed this releases, so I put the notion of buying it aside and went on digging the Russian releases instead. Today I regret not buying it, it's a fucking awesome album as time has passed, to bad it's hard to find these days ..

Quote:

On 2009-09-17 09:40, Yidam wrote:
First appearance of the blue butterfly too no?

any story about this, I never saw the butterfly until I read your words. Has it anything to do with Butterfly Records (Kemic-Al)?
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 15:51
Suria has lots of great tracks, i hope there is more on its way,nice to see they didnt quit the sceen yet as they recently relased a track on a compilation i saw.
my favourit track is for sure Strech
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/cmr/cmr1cd003.html

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 15:55
also one of the luckies to have this album,
indeed what about the butterfly?           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
mystical_being

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 17:06
9 stars!!!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 19:29
Quote:

On 2009-09-17 15:51, Wizack Twizack wrote:
Suria has lots of great tracks, i hope there is more on its way,nice to see they didnt quit the sceen yet as they recently relased a track on a compilation i saw.
my favourit track is for sure Strech
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/cmr/cmr1cd003.html

bOm..

Those suria days are gonne, me thinks..they had a super vibe, aswell has Audialize, Shrink, Analogue Experience and some portuguese acts back then!

i advice also some tracks released on deja vu recs, mainly this one:

earth in trance set http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=1119           ...
bbgun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 19:42
Have to agree with Andre: "Those suria days are gone".
el presagio

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 17, 2009 20:30
In spite of being a close friend of Frederic Gandara aka Suria and donīt want to make any promotional comment i think his level of production itīs must better now than in the old days. His work itīs much more clean and with incredible soundscapes the rythem itīs more logical.

Suria allways were ment to be a day project i know thatīs not the thing for the "night lovers" but i realy belive his skills increased a lot since his sound became powerfull morning instead of what we were used from the old days.

Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Trance - Suria - Dark Side Of The Sun

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance