Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - STRAYLIGHT 6 Year Anniversary - Central Coast CA -- 09 / 16/ 2006
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

STRAYLIGHT 6 Year Anniversary - Central Coast CA -- 09 / 16/ 2006

PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 06:14
I get off work at 7pm on Saturday, so I hope to get to the event by 1am or so...

I need my fix ... I cant get a ride to Symbiosis, so this is my last chance till Gil on Oct 7th, or Decom on the 15th...
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 10:11
Final Info / Directions

Tonight Straylight Productions celebrates our 6th Birthday. Come join us on our secret mountain top spot, and the dance the night away to, 2 wonderfull stages featuring some of Californias top shelf underground talent

Area 1 : Psytrance & Progressive
Featuring Northern vs Southern Cali tag sets by :

MUBALI (Trishula/Straylight) SF vs HIDROPONIK (CosmicTheater/Psycircle)SD

PARADIGM (Geomagnetic/Maia/Straylight)SF vs SPYROS (Psytribe) LA

DR. SPOOK (Geomagnetic) SF

HELIOS ( Bioharmonics / Geomagnetic) SF

DAVID JUSTIN (Psybooty) SF

DEAN MANNING ( Psybooty) SF

TAKUAN (Touch Samadhi) SC

SATURNIA (Celestial Dragon) SF

DURTY - Monterey

Area 2 : Breaks & Grooves

ACTUAL RAFIQ ( the drow) San Jose *live&dj*

BERTZERKER (Ataraxia) Oakland

DJ DICE (Straylight /JSA) Monterey

CHLOROPHIL (Giza Lounge) SF

ERIK HZ (Bay Area Breaks Brigade) SF

AFUT (Future Octave / Psybooty) Fremont

HIDROPONIK (Cosmic Theater / Psycircle) SD * old skool 90's Breaks set*

BEATMAN1 (Temple of SpaceFunk Sex Magick Krew)

Music starts at 7pm and goes till 10am

Important Things to Know : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A) The Drive : Is about 3.5 hours from the Bay Area. The last 5 miles are on a windy, dirt fireroad. The condition of this road is not the best, and drivers in smaller or lowerd cars should excercise caution. Our test vehicle is a 2001 VW Beetle and it makes it every time.... but dont say you were not warned
B) The Spot : We are very fortunate to have a spot like this, and have been able to use it for so long because we follow a certain set of guidelines for it.
* Please no Fires, IF there is one, it will be one central one in a designated pit. All others will be put out. Please excerise caution with camp stoves and cigarettes, WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF FIRE SEASON !!!!!
** Please pick up your trash, pack it in, pack it out. We will have some garbage cans and bags on hand, but have limited resources and space to be everyones garbage men. Please respect the natural beauty of the spot and do not trash it
*** Due to the nature of the location, and its isolation, this is a roughing it style event. It is not possible to get toliets and other facillities up to the spot. Bear this in mind and please be exercise good judgement
**** Sunset is the most magical time at this location, EARLY ARRIVAL is encouraged.
***** Bring what you need to be comfortable. This means proper clothing for a cool night and warm day, food and drinks, water, tp, shade, sunscreen, insect repellant, and any things else you might take camping with you We will provide some water, for those of you that forget the essentials.
****** You dont have to leave when the music stops, camp untill you feel ready to make the trip home

C) Last Bits
We are asking for a donation of $10 to help cover our production costs. This is not about making money, but for many years we have lost our shirts on providing free events. If you can not afford a donation, you will not be turned away, we would rather have you come and provide your energy, and have a wonderful time, than have you not come at all because of a dollar amount

DIRECTIONS

From the North

1. Take all appropriate freeways to Hwy 1 South heading South of Monterey.
2. About 5 miles or so South of Monterey Hwy 1 will slim down to 2 lanes
just inside the city limits of Carmel.
3. At your 4th Stop Light will be the intersection of Hwy 1 & Rio Road.
RESET YOUR ODOMETER. (landmarks should be a Chevron and a shopping center on
your left hand side and a small bridge ahead of you.) ** this is the best /
last place to get gas and supples. DO NOT STOP AT ANY STORES PAST THIS
POINT**
4. Follow Hwy 1 South for 53.5 miles and make a LEFT hand turn on NACIEMENTO
ROAD. (Reset your Odometer)
5. Follow Naciemento Road for 7 Miles and make a RIGHT hand turn onto SOUTH
COAST RIDGE ROAD (Reset Odometer) (begin dirt road)
6. After 1 mile you will veer to the RIGHT.
7. Continue following the road through all the switchbacks
8. At 4.4 miles you will make a RIGHT hand turn onto Pruitt Ridge road/Alm's
Ridge. (Reset Odometer)
9. At .6 Miles you will take a slight left and look for one of our wonderful
parking attendants to instruct you where to park your vehicle.

From the South

01 North to Ca-1 North towards Moro Bay / Hearst Castle
Follow Ca1 North roughly 80 miles towards Lucia, if you hit Lucia you went too far
Make a RIGHT hand turn on NACIEMENTO (or up the hill depending on your direction of travel)
ROAD. (Reset your Odometer)
5. Follow Naciemento Road for 7 Miles and make a RIGHT hand turn onto SOUTH
COAST RIDGE ROAD (Reset Odometer) *begin dirt road*
6. After 1 mile you will veer to the RIGHT.
7. Continue following the road through all the switchbacks
8. At 4.4 miles you will make a RIGHT hand turn onto Pruitt Ridge road/Alm's
Ridge. (Reset Odometer)
9. At .6 Miles you will take a slight left and look for one of our wonderful
parking attendants to instruct you where to park your vehicle

www.straylightproductions.net           
Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 14:37
Looking great, best wishes for the celebration!
I will be daicing in spirit
It'll be a blast and beautiful weekend

sad...being not able to make it...
          Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 16:17
Quote:

On 2006-09-16 10:11, paradigm wrote:

MUBALI (Trishula/Straylight) SF vs HIDROPONIK (CosmicTheater/Psycircle)SD

This is actually a released project, ARABALI (ARAHAT VS MUBALI) I believe their first release is on Digital Drugs.
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/94484/forum/41           info/tourdates/psy
http://soundcloud.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.facebook.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.beatspace.com
3rd Album \\\"Equations\\\" on 2to6 records
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 16, 2006 19:21
indeed you are correct, and if they were both playing live, id list it as such, but being a tag team, and myself wanting to promote it like a battle royal....

well....

ok so loading the van and heading to the spot with in the hour....
everyone drive safe
over and out           
Logical Light Music - SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :

kArO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 21:28
oh, whoa.. i am missing the great outdoors about now! have a blast all xo!
nicksynergy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 22:19
Best of luck to you guys!
Analyzer

Posted : Sep 16, 2006 22:21
If anyone is headed from the berkeley area let me know. If anyone wants to carpool with me let me know.
IM ME!
Boom

Never hold it in.
Hazzy

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 18, 2006 13:12
Wow. What a party! I had an amazing time, and talk about perfect weather. I loved the killer beats, and dancing with the wind blowing through the banners and the dust flying through the air made the whole thing that much more surreal. Much love to the dj's.. tell Spook that I still haven't found those "lost children", but I'm looking! (btw, what was the last track he spun?) Trouncing through the woods blindly only to return to the beat...falling into the billions of stars overhead....then witnessing that sunrise over the pacific. Wooee.. anyone entertained by my companion dancing with the plant on his head? See ya'll next time!

BOOOOOOOOM!

P.S. Justin Miller sends his regards to his old skool buddies
kArO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 18, 2006 21:38
ooh!! i was dreaming about you guys all night! i was at an indoor in ny & although i practice the moment i kept straying to the west coast.. sea air, stars, trees *sigh* absence makes the heart something, something... hehe... xoxo! kArO
Hidroponik
Arahat

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Sep 18, 2006 22:21
definitely a great time, thanks again straylight. your parties are always inspirational. i've got some great ideas to work on in the studio after hearing a lot of different styles of music and that view of the ocean is just wild!!!

i would say my biggest challenge was keeping my vinyl on the turntables during my breaks set. the wind kept gusting about 20 mph during sunrise and it literally would lift my records off of the tables while i was mixing, sometimes i would catch them in mid-air.

plus having the monitor speaker and shade structure fall on top of the turntable while the record was playing also shows the power of the wind. i'm very glad that my head wasn't in the way or i might have the Mackie logo still imprinted in my dome.

other than chasing my records across the dancefloor after the wind gusts, i would say that it was fun to bust out the old breaks. i hope to do it again sometime, but indoors

many thanks to everybody that pulled this together, the monterey family is definitely a great one to be a part of.           We are all family. We put the fun in disfunctional.
-PsyCircle on Tribe-
http://tribes.tribe.net/psycircle
- Arahat -
www.psycircle.com
www.myspace.com/hidropatchbay
www.myspace.com/arahat
www.myspace.com/monksofmadness
Hazzy

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Sep 19, 2006 01:29
Quote:

On 2006-09-18 22:21, Hidroponik wrote:
definitely a great time, thanks again straylight. your parties are always inspirational. i've got some great ideas to work on in the studio after hearing a lot of different styles of music and that view of the ocean is just wild!!!

i would say my biggest challenge was keeping my vinyl on the turntables during my breaks set. the wind kept gusting about 20 mph during sunrise and it literally would lift my records off of the tables while i was mixing, sometimes i would catch them in mid-air.

plus having the monitor speaker and shade structure fall on top of the turntable while the record was playing also shows the power of the wind. i'm very glad that my head wasn't in the way or i might have the Mackie logo still imprinted in my dome.

other than chasing my records across the dancefloor after the wind gusts, i would say that it was fun to bust out the old breaks. i hope to do it again sometime, but indoors

many thanks to everybody that pulled this together, the monterey family is definitely a great one to be a part of.

Yeah man, the top stage was definitely more nature-oriented. The psy stage was pretty protected, but up top it was quite a battle, which made it that much more amazing. I found that dancing by myself under the stars in the parking area just before the circle was very rewarding. Incredible wind...
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 19, 2006 07:22
this was a fun party and i was so thrilled to see so many of my trance friends from both north and south hanging out with the friends i grew up with, really wonderful

The weather and dust made things a little difficult at times, though nothing we couldnt battle past. The dust was just a little playa nostaligia, and the wind though annoying kept the day nice and cool, and kept any insects at bay....

Many thanks to all those who came down, or up, depending on your direction of travel...

Tom, Bodhi, Spyros, much thanks
Spook, Anne, and Psybooty crew, same to you

special thanks goes to Helios, on the hookup for those pristine Mackie tops . Ive never heard Mackies sound sooooo good
and special thanks to our friend Arwin who could not make because he is recovering from surgery, but who still in the spirit of it all , donated his bassbins to the cause....

all in all it was a wicked good time, and a great 6th birthday for straylight, i cant beleive weve been doing it this long now....           
Logical Light Music - SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :

PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 19, 2006 09:02
A big thank you to the memebers of Straylight, who put this all together in one of the most beautiful outdoor locations I have ever seen.

I am thoroughly convinced that the more difficult it is to get to an event, the better the event will seem. This was absolutely no exception.

It was absolutely wonderful to see friends/family I haven't seen since July. That and dancing under a seemingly infinite amount of stars, only to be treated to such a view once the sun came up...

I had a permanent smile the whole four and a half hours back home....

...if only every event could have a vibe that wonderful.
nicksynergy

Posted : Sep 20, 2006 00:29
Glad everything went well. Wish I could have seen it. Someday...
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - STRAYLIGHT 6 Year Anniversary - Central Coast CA -- 09 / 16/ 2006
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance