Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Space Tribe - Space Tribe Continuum 1 (Space Tribe Music, 2011)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Space Tribe - Space Tribe Continuum 1 (Space Tribe Music, 2011)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Sep 6, 2011 10:08:56
Space Tribe - Space Tribe Continuum 1

Space Tribe Music, 2011

CD 1

1. In The Hands Of The Shaman
2. Machine Elf
3. The Future's Right Now
4. Live & Let Live
5. Who's Nutty
6. Geomatrix
7. Telepathic Contact
8. All You Need Is Spirit & Nothing
9. You Can Be Shiva

CD 2

1. The Acid Test
2. All Senses Vibrating
3. Loopy Loo
4. Dance Like Nobody's Watching
5. Twitch!!
6. 2000 O.D.
7. Live What U Love
8. You Create Your Own Reality
9. What Is Consciousness

Olli Wisdom is undoubtedly one of the pioneers of psychedelic trance. Since the dawn of his project the guy from the land of kangaroos has released like a 100 of Space Tribe albums and sold tons of colorful fluoro-clothes of his own brand. Recently it dawned on him to dust off his older output as far as some hype for retro is concerned and occasionally to make some penny, the effect of which is an ample two-CD release from the "historical / best of" field fitted with a cool and very accurate title "Space Tribe Continuum". What we have here is Olli's musical output beginning from 1993 and ending with 2002 (not 2000, as the online promo-blurb says). In my opinion this is the most interesting period of the Aussie's activity as Space Tribe, because it was then when he set above the psychedelic element over the rest - later those priorities underwent a lot of changes and quantity became heavily dominant over quality. The tracks on both CDs were taken from albums, singles and compilations released years back. And so, one can taste the rich collection of tunes from the "Sonic Mandala", "The Ultraviolet Catastrophe", "The Future's Right Now", "2000 O.D., "Religious Experience" and "Heart Beat" albums, as well as two singles: "The Acid Test" and "Live And Let Live". Though the track "You Can Be Shiva" has the "unreleased" status, it could not be further from the truth, because the track has been already released at the "Dragonfly Classix" compilation. Nevertheless, we have an immensely interesting set of old (but gold) tracks here, which, in my opinion, did not lose anything from their primary glamour in the lapse of time. Moreover, the gained a lot of value and - adding the fact that they were remastered - also more modern paintjob. As some of the most interesting I would enlist the tracks coproduced with two titans of the scene: Simon Posford (the deep "In The Hands Of The Shaman", crazy "Machine Elf" and delirious "Geomatrix") and Boris Blenn (the epic party dynamite entitled "The Acid Test"). Of course the solo tracks by Space Tribe are not far behind and also pro vide some nutritious psychedelia. Tracks like "The Future's Right Now", "Who's Nutty", "Telepathic Contact", "You Need Is Spirit & Nothing", "You Can Be Shiva" and "Dance Like Nobody's Watching" are undoubtedly worthy representatives of the dynamic and colorful world of the Australian artists. All in all is it a nice retrospective compilation with balls and a large dose of untaimed fluoro-madness.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/stm/stm2cd010.html           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 6, 2011 22:09
Good reading... thanks!           www.parvati-records.com
V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Sep 7, 2011 10:41
Yeah my copy should be on the way shortly from Saikosounds. Love Space Tribe's work, sold off my original collection due to financial costs (popped me a hernia & needed surgery) so this will be a gem.

Will consider Continuum 2 as I wasn't a huge fan of his post Religious Experience styles, but might be nice to have for the kids to listen to in the future hehe.           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Space Tribe - Space Tribe Continuum 1 (Space Tribe Music, 2011)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance