03 – Monoque - Distance Unknown (Erot Rmx) - 5:59
04 – Seamoon - Chillnerd - 5:39
05 – Senzar - Before The Morning Sun (Irukanji Rmx) – 7:21
06 – Sputer - Long Way Home – 7:43
07 – Vonnom - Theraoy Pudding – 9:33
08 – Sputer - Sleep Paralysis - 6:36
09 - Aedem - Convolution - 6:45
10 - Bob Tracker - Within The Grapes Of Soul - 7:09

Sound Drops is the first release of Sound Warps records in the field of chill out/ambient/down and up tempo music. A label more known for their releases in other arenas (Psychedelic Trance) delivers an interesting compilation with lovely music and a nice travel through landscapes of sound.

The first track is a remix by Seamoon to a Lauge tune. Snow Flake (T1) is very melancholic with a slow beat, touching reaches of minimalist sounds, some flute echoes here and there and some sounds that recall me sounds of Shamans in a rainy forest. Now comes my favorite track of the whole compilation: Lauge and Baba Gnohm with Odd (T2)! Some might call me sentimentalist, but this tune is from outer world, the sounds it embraces and the emotions it delivers, shivers down my spine. This is beautiful music in its core and most pure of forms. The places this one takes me are simply indescribable. Love it, love it, love it! The guitar sounds are so warm and nice! Favorite! Once more comes a remix track: Distance Unknown (T3) of Monoque remixed by Erot. In this track we are shown some vivid sounds built on spaces, going through fields of minimal noises, but yet they are constructed in a sincere melodic system, with a kind lead showing the way. And now we have a solo track by Seamoon with Chillnerd (T4), if you are a connoisseur of his work, you might find him not running away from his type of sounds, a little slow percussive trance, some bubbling effects and then of course, the sounds and the rest is another type of creation adapted to chill elegance. Some flute sounds, are the main dish mixed with some slow and long leads, plus a particular mud boiling noises with robotic electro resonances along. Again we have another remixed track – it´s the 3rd one: Senzar – Before The Morning Sun (T5), and it is remixed by Irukanji. It has a very smooth start with blissful sounds that slowly morph themselves into becoming the very essence of the tune. There are some birds sounds on the background, playing sideways with tome twists and turns on the leads. More about the middle of the tune it gets more energetic and some female samples, get along with the energy that has developed. Long Way Home (T6) is produced by Sputer and is another nice tune, with a captivating lead, always playing and creating subtle melodies; nice percussive road, and it creates feelings towards “the miss of something” – in this particular case, our sweet home. Therapy Pudding (T7) from Vonoom, stars with an interesting electronic robotic voice type of lead some female singings and some piano notes in the moisture. More upfront in the tune, it takes proportions of a dub track orientation, with the rhythm going in that direction and also the male samples that appear remind me of that atmosphere. Sputer makes another appearance with Sleep Paralysis (T8) a very sublime tune, with minimalistic sounds, very smooth and relaxing track. Aedem with Convolution (T9) brings an eclectic tune, with lots of speed and groovy sounds. It plays also with a Spanish guitar, or so it seems, and sometimes it reaches places of disconnection with the reality. And so we reach our final track. Bob Track – Within the Grapes Of Soul (T10) is a inspiring track with very few sounds.

So to conclude my review I just want to say that this compilation brings some nice tracks, and others that are not so much captivating, according to my tastes. It has its moments, it surely has; it has interesting music and ideas, thought it doesn´t bring nothing truly new in terms of production, or sounds, but it sure has its moments where you feel you are transported to other places than your own reality.

Favorites: 1(!), (2!!), (3!), 5(!)

Warp Brain Records
Warp Brain Records

Started Topics :  125
Posted : Feb 4, 2011 00:10
Thanks for your review

This compilation as you mentioned, can take your mind and sould to a unique journey for sure.
Hope who got it's copy enjoys it as much as we did compiling it.

Lauge
Lauge

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Feb 4, 2011 12:24
Thanx for the nice words
had a good time reading and listening to the V/A.

Good job Warp Brain Records aswell           www.myspace.com/orbitallauge
www.myspace.com/babalauge
www.myspace.com/babagnohm
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Feb 4, 2011 14:57
yep... "Odd" definitely has it magic ! great one           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sound Drops (WarpBrain Records) 2010

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance