Trance Forum » » Forum  DJ Sets - Sons of Aurora Motion Notion 2007 Mix
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sons of Aurora Motion Notion 2007 Mix

Nokturnal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jul 27, 2007 19:10
Norris and I had a blast at Motion Notion (Alberta, Canada) this year, the promoter James really out did himself and the weather was INTENSE but made for big adventures for sure.

We are now excited for our dub/glitch set at Shambhala (British Columbia, Canada) on the Beach stage on Saturday, and of course taking part in the Green Moon (Green Sector & Moon Tribe, hello turbo sound rig!!) camp at Burning Man (Nevada, USA) this August... now that's going to be one hot (+50 celcius, zero humidity is the forcast) and dusty week in the desert. We will be wrapping up our summer festival season this year by playing at the Symbiosis gathering (California, USA) at the end of September so we are feeling very lucky for having so many incredible opportunities to play some tunes for folks.

I have a bunch of great photos from gatherings and festivals in my photo gallery, and I have just added a bunch from Motion Notion, you can find them here:

http://www.area709.com/darvin/gallery/view/93/

http://media.area709.com/Darvin/other/soamono07.jpg

Listen to the mix here:

http://www.area709.com/soa/music/mix/130/

Track List:

1. Tetrameth (Zenon) - The 49th Vibration
2. Protoculture - Refractions
3. Alternate Vision - Different Perspective - Andromeda Remix
4. Prometheus - Acadian Magik
5. One Tastey Morsel (Zenon CDR) - Psyconautical Engineering
6. Sensient (Zenon) - Nectar
7. Ticon - Poem for Granny
8. Faktor D - Sardine
9. Sensient (Zenon) - Immersion
10. Tranan - Into Paradise
11. Area 51 - FM
12. Hydrophonic - Heckyl N Jive
13. Setherian - Misanthrope Matters
14. The Commercial Hippies - Dr. Freakenstein
15. Sensient (Zenon CDR) - Loose Frequency
16. Sensient (Zenon) - Simple Sex
17. Krumelur (Zenon) - You Decide
18. Silver Surfers - Mudjaji - Protoculture Remix
19. Behind Blue Eyes - Rumble In The Jungle - Zen Mechanics Remix
20. Eskimo & Madcap - Take A Look Out There - Flip Flop Remix

Description:

We are VERY happy with how our set came together for this years Motion Notion festival, so we decided to record it afterwards here at home and post it up for others to enjoy. This year we were wedged between two full-on psy performers, with Wizzy Noise being the act to follow us, so our set was meant to be a roller coaster through driving minimal tech, progressive and full-on psy. Add to that the fact that our set started out with hot dry sky's filled with stars and ended during a MASSIVE rain/thunder storm with tornado warnings for the area in effect... talk about INTENSE!!!! In the end our laptop finally stopped working and our fear was that it had actually shorted out due to the rain but the next day it started up without a hitch which was a HUGE relief. Our goal was to keep everyone engaged, twist a few noodles and not burn people out on the full-on. From all the super-positive feedback I think we managed to kick some ass!! Many of the tracks are killer classics, with a few shinny new ones thrown in, and the overall flow is a bit of a journey so sit back and imagine the thunder clouds closing in from behind, and as the mix ends the rain is coming down with a vengeance and the clouds are swirling with the threat of tornadoes. They don't call us Sons of Aurora for nothing....

Enjoy!!
          Darvin Knorr
Director/Promoter/DJ
www.area709.com

Sons of Aurora
www.area709.com/darvin

DJ Nokturnal
Zenon Records
www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/nokturnalispsytrance
Nokturnal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 18, 2007 03:21
Getting ready to head to the playa, can't wait to hear some of these tracks rolling out across the desert floor.

I will be a part of the Greenoom Camp, located at 2:00 and Fresh Water, drop by and say hello!!

Burning Man... embrace the dust....
Nokturnal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 19, 2007 10:00
=)
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJ Sets - Sons of Aurora Motion Notion 2007 Mix

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance