Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Solar Fields- Blue Moon Station (Ultimae, 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Solar Fields- Blue Moon Station (Ultimae, 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 24, 2003 15:04
Solar Fields- Blue Moon Station (Ultimae, 2003)
1. Confusion Illusion 6:59
2. Elevator Sunshine Girl 6:00
3. Cosmic Dessert 5:58
4. Magic Eye 8:00
5. Infection 268-7 8:32
6. Magnetic Air 6:19
7. Majestic Feeling 9:32
8. Blue Moon Station (album version) 7:31
9. Planet Zoo 6:59
10. Third Time (a-version) 6:23
11. Swimming with Stones 6:55

Here is the best chill album I heard in quite a while. Solar Fields, who is Magnus Birgersson from Sweden, presents us with a deep psychedelic trancey ambient CD that does beautifully just what ambient is supposed to do: be a relaxing musical background and in the same time offer a musical landscape to dive into with your mind. Blue Moon Station does both and in a way that makes you experience it literally, diving into relaxed and very chilled moments only to surface back dramatically and suck your mind and heart to alien landscapes. Some must be mentioned highlights here are the beautiful strings peace Elevator Sunshine Girl, the dramatic Cosmic Dessert that gives me goose bumps, the excellent trancey Infection 268-7, my favorite and most powerful track here- Majestic Feeling- fading and exploding dramatically again and again with tons of feel- sends shudders down my spine every time, and the aquatic beautiful and with a Jazzy-afternoon-feel Swimming with Stones. But it's all just great.

Bottom line: Best psychedelic chill album I heard in a long time. A real must. Favorites: 2, 3(!), 4, 5(!), 7(!!!), 9, 11.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 22, 2003 11:44
Hey, I just wanted to say that my review would be pretty much like Shahar's.

It's a great, spacey, atmospheric album, a piece of music to dive into.
And the proggy-trancey "Infection 268-7" was a surprise for me, but what a surprise! An excellent track.
This wondrefully produced album is NOT to be missed!
Dunno tho' if it's psychedelic or not, mind altering or something, this is GOOD!
lucidpicnic
Lucid Picnic

Started Topics :  132
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 22:07
third time(a version)...
Bluetech
Bluetech

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 01:27
I have to agree wholeheartedly. In my opinion this is the best chill CD of the year, if not the last few. Magnus is truly doing something different, and his music is entirely his own. It is a completely developed landscape. There are worlds within worlds to be explored here.

I'm honestly quite inspired by this music!

Evan Bluetech
www.bluetechonline.com
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 19:08
i spent last saturday morning listening to this one.
still awake, all my friends had crashed out, i put this cd on and sat down to some serious magazine cutting and a fat bowl of sticky.
about track 3 i melted and by track 8 i was completely absorbed by the mad detail and love put into making this music, seemed like it was coming from all around me. enveloping, and very comforting, i was able to trust that the music would take me where i needed to go, and it took me so much further.
cant wait for more!!!! this album is hard to review track by track, because it has so many facets and journeys, you need to hear the whole thing to understand the full scope of it!
thanks magnus..... bring it on man.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Solar Fields- Blue Moon Station (Ultimae, 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance