Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - So if... Gaian Mind 10th Anniversary Summer Fest 2012
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

So if... Gaian Mind 10th Anniversary Summer Fest 2012

FractalPhono
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 12, 2011 02:24:45
So if.. and this is a big "IF". If there was a GMSF2K12, what would you like to see/experience at it. What elements of the past GM festivals have you come to expect musically, visually, cerebral-ly, and spiritually? In your opinion, what is "it" that makes the GMSF experience what it is to you. These are open questions to the entire forum. Please be honest and candid with your responses, they will all be considered equally.

DISCLAIMER! This is not a confirmation of the festival.           www.FractalPhono.com
www.ZenonRecords.com
www.Gaian-Mind.com
mez
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 12, 2011 03:30
I think location is essential to this festival, finding a space that has a similar vibe as four quarters would probably be a challenge. although I think possibly the new COSM space in upstate NY could be a candidate, I have yet to visit the new site but previous Cosm events I attended have had a nice energy.

Being close to a body of water suitable for swimming would be nice... that seems so rare at festivals, but seriously the creek at four quarters was one of the highlights.

Gmsf always had the most incredible lineups, not necessarily in quantity but the quality and flow were impeccable. Seeing a dancefloor go from Yab Yum to Aphid Moon to Human Blue to Loopus in Fabula to Phuture Primitive.

The Sweat lodge was really well put together as were many of the classes, lectures and workshops. One of the things that really made GMSF so profound were the activities happening during the day and off the dance floor.

The opening night had this magic way of being like a departure point from reality. Getting everyone together to set intentions, speak the OM and light a sacred fire was very inspiring. GMSF created a strong sense of community and peace and I think activities like these helped foster these values.

The psy cinema and it's lounge were an amazing place to Bom and relax. The visuals were always top notch and many of them I still refer to years later.

the ability to have hot coffee or tea 24 hours was great.

Additional ideas:
Maybe Primitivism classes and workshops, like cooking with the sun and wild edible plants.

I would love to see a festival that was greener... apparently there are some festivals that are trying to use green energy to power the sound system like wind generators, solar power, bio diesel. Shanti Jatra Festival 2011 in nepal being one with a solar power chill out stage.

Oh man, I kinda getting butterflies just thinking it might happen...

Bom Bhole!

billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 13, 2011 19:04
Everything Mez said. and BEARDS!           www.dants.net
kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 13, 2011 23:18
Do it! You've got my full support!! We need more Eastcoast festivals.           
label: www.pureperceptionrecords.org
design: www.designsbymattbryson.com
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kameleon-pangea
menu mental

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 14, 2011 06:49
attended gmsf 2009 and coalesce 2010.. both were gr8... looking forward for more... and yes mez said it rite... stages powered by alternative energy would be awsum....

btw, am curious.... could anyone of u point me towards festies in the east coast??? cant seem to find any this year...
mez
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 14, 2011 13:58
hehe, thats cuz there arent any... this would probably have been a good year to check out another scene like europe or the west coast or the south or the midwest ... Basically because of many factors the (north) east coast is toast for 2011. Good lookin one offs but no fests really.

There might be some suprises around the corner but really, it looks like this is the calm before the storm that will be Summer of 2012 for the (north) east coast psy scene.

Eclipse - 2012

a glimer of a possible Gaian mind 2012

Maybe New things, who knows...

Maybe this is the sleep deprivation and the fact that I have been listening to Parvati records since the sun went down but If anyone wants to make a outdoor trance festival in the northeast, Im in. Lets just do it. anyway we can.
nod

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 14, 2011 18:27
Quote:

On 2011-06-14 13:58, mez wrote:
hehe, thats cuz there arent any...

pretty sure there are a few this summer in the greater ashelanta metropolitan area.

to stay on topic - less talk, more rock. cut the shit, start a pit!          http://www.djnod.net
billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 14, 2011 20:24
I thought there was going to be a Desiderata this year.. I guess we would have heard about a lineup by now.

Yes Menu, we should....but where?           www.dants.net
willsanquil
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jun 15, 2011 10:20
Quote:

On 2011-06-12 03:30, mez wrote:
I think location is essential to this festival, finding a space that has a similar vibe as four quarters would probably be a challenge. although I think possibly the new COSM space in upstate NY could be a candidate, I have yet to visit the new site but previous Cosm events I attended have had a nice energy.

Being close to a body of water suitable for swimming would be nice... that seems so rare at festivals, but seriously the creek at four quarters was one of the highlights.

Gmsf always had the most incredible lineups, not necessarily in quantity but the quality and flow were impeccable. Seeing a dancefloor go from Yab Yum to Aphid Moon to Human Blue to Loopus in Fabula to Phuture Primitive.

The Sweat lodge was really well put together as were many of the classes, lectures and workshops. One of the things that really made GMSF so profound were the activities happening during the day and off the dance floor.

The opening night had this magic way of being like a departure point from reality. Getting everyone together to set intentions, speak the OM and light a sacred fire was very inspiring. GMSF created a strong sense of community and peace and I think activities like these helped foster these values.

The psy cinema and it's lounge were an amazing place to Bom and relax. The visuals were always top notch and many of them I still refer to years later.

the ability to have hot coffee or tea 24 hours was great.

Additional ideas:
Maybe Primitivism classes and workshops, like cooking with the sun and wild edible plants.

I would love to see a festival that was greener... apparently there are some festivals that are trying to use green energy to power the sound system like wind generators, solar power, bio diesel. Shanti Jatra Festival 2011 in nepal being one with a solar power chill out stage.

Oh man, I kinda getting butterflies just thinking it might happen...

Bom Bhole!

This pretty much. Which is to say...everything exactly how it was at 4 quarters            If you want to make an apple pie from scratch...you must first invent the universe
www.soundcloud.com/tasp
www.soundcloud.com/kinematic-records
menu mental

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 16, 2011 05:44
ah well... something should be round the corner... and yea ppl how bout doin you own outdoor festie?
vaxination

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 18, 2011 21:48
if you build it, I'll bring my beard ; ]

I would LOVE another gaian mind, and I'm sure alot of other people are right there with me on that.

I trust the taste, direction and judgement of the crew that threw it for so long, I think that its long over due! reunion time!           .:.vaxination.:.
vaxination@gmail.com
esoteric generation/beatnik productions
FractalPhono
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 23, 2011 21:17
It is great to see this energy and to hear everyone's thoughts. GMSF has always been my personal favorite summer trance destination for all of the reasons mentioned above. There is a buzz going on between Pa/Ny an serious considerations and conversations are being had to see how viable the prospect of a 10 year anniversary GMSF is. Keep the comments coming and trust that we will be open (to an extent) with the details we share. It may be a good time to pencil in on your calendars the weekend of June 22-24 2012...           www.FractalPhono.com
www.ZenonRecords.com
www.Gaian-Mind.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - So if... Gaian Mind 10th Anniversary Summer Fest 2012

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance