Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sky Gravity Volume 2 / Solar System - Sky Gravity Records - 2007
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sky Gravity Volume 2 / Solar System - Sky Gravity Records - 2007

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : May 14, 2008 16:52:15
Title: Sky Gravity Volume 2 / Solar System
Artist: Various Artists
Label: Sky Gravity Records
Date: 12/2007
Tracks: 10
Mastered by: Vyachaslav Bogachev
Cover Art: 604
Cat. #: SGCD002

Tracklist:

01 – Kadasarva – Next Level - 8:22
02 – Overdream – Huge Hub - 7:08
03 – Magmadivers – Ashes And Snow – 7:16
04 – Sulima – Dr. Vander Grib – 6:42
05 – Cifroteca – Chumba – 6:28
06 – Hysteria – CDMA – 8:27
07 – Bormental aka Shivaki – Upside Down – 7:38
08 – Sphingida – Bubbles – 10:03
09 – Saikozaurus – Trippy – 7:50
10 – Tryton – Try To Fly – 6:41

Sky Gravity Volume 2 is a CD released by a young label based on Ukraine. This compilation introduces some fresh new artists like Kadasarva, Cifroteca and Sphingida, as well has some already known artists, like the cases of Overdream and Saikozaurus. The music you can hear in this compilation is some of what was presented at the festival Sky Gravity organized at the Crimean Coast of the Black Sea in Ukraine.

But let’s hear the “effects” of the Sky Gravity:

The 1st track is brought by Kadasarva that are to me newcomers. Next Level (T1) is a full pumping track, with lots of dynamism and energy. There are some nice leads, which have a happy mood, and create a great hype. It is funny that this track reminds me a little of the works and tricks made by GMS in some of their tracks. I also like very much the sonorities we can hear in the final part of the music. This is a great introductory track for the CD. Favourite.

Now we move to Overdream with Huge Hub (T2). It is no secret I am a fan of Overdream music, and every track I hear by Makus and Dana (the persons behind this project), I wait only for the best. This tune is what I expected: raw power. The tune begins with some works on the kicks, that move around one speaker to the other, and right after this we are introduced to their trademark of sounds. I really love their leads, they are mature, and above all, they make me want to dance. It is kind of hard to describe their leads, sometimes they are electrifying, sharp, others are smooth like a fresh breeze of wind, even other times are insane like an earthquake, but they are always from very good taste. There is also a brake more to the end of the track with an introduction of a sample from Jamie Collum singing, and before the kick and bass enter, there is a build up that blows me away from my shoes into the sky – simply perfect. The Favourite track of the compilation.

Ashes And Snow (T3) is made by Magmadivers, again to me new comers. This one starts on a very smooth mood, but slowly goes up and reaches a climax. Once again we are presented in the pinnacle part with lots of dynamism and lively sounds. We can also hear some cool works on the leads, like by some means they are playing with us. I would like also to give some emphasis to some environmental sounds we can hear from times to times that give a pleasant mood. Interesting track.

Now Dr. Vander Grib (T4) prescript us medicine for the ears. Sulima, another new comer, delivers this fantastic full vigorous track. The type of bubbling effect lead is always there, also with some acid sounds that go right up into your brain. Expect in this track lots of different sounds, and clever brakes at the same time sonorities change. Crazy build ups mixed with some samples. This is the type of tune that doesn’t allow you to breath. Favourite.

Cifroteca comes now with Chumba (T5). This tune begins with some male singing. The combination between kick and bass is a powerful one, and the leads are very acidic. It is a type of music that would fit more nocturnal activities because it has a chaotic structure and it is a little bit more aggressive than the first tracks of the compilation.

CDMA (T6) is the lady that follows, and it is the project of Hysteria. This one is somehow aimed to more melodic, not fluffy, realms. It has some wonderful leads on the background mixed together with some cutting edge raw leads, and plenty of metallic resonances. There are some hypnotic elements, and some space sounds also, that create an interesting twilight atmosphere. I want to make reference to some leads that appear like a tourbillion and that vanish very smoothly making a perfect symbiosis between the various sounds. This is the style of music I would mix just before sunrise. I am in love with this track. Favourite.

Bormental aka Shivaki brings Upside Down (T7). This is a very chaotic tune, with disconcerted sounds and pandemonium arrangements. I see this tune with a temper of launching confusion on a dance floor.

Now we hear Sphingida with Bubbles (T8) a very deep and emotional track. The type of kick and drum remind me a lot of Goa Trance tunes. I like the melodies used on this track, that make me feel I am in a relaxed voyage travelling around the world. Maybe this tune is somehow related to ambient, smooth and relaxing sounds because Sphingida is as well a psychedelic ambient producer who has already released an album (called Origin) on a local Ukraine label called Sentimony Records, and some tracks also on the same label, namely on the Emptiness and Fantazma compilations. Favourite.

Now we move to Trippy (T9) sounds produced my Saikozaurus. The name makes justice to the heard sonorities; this is indeed trippy music from the highest level. There are actually some weird leads presented on this one. It is trippy but it isn΄t a crazy train with no control, by the contrary, the structure of the track is very mature and well conceived. If you like it acidic and weird, this is for you.

And finally we arrive to the last track of the compilation Tryton with Try To Fly (T10). This one is also very similar to the mood of its predecessor – a trippy mood – only this one is more mixed with hypnotic sounds.

The mastering of this compilation was made by Vyachaslav Bogachev a member of Neoris.

The artwork was made by 604. I found pretty nice the artwork, all the mixtures between the layers of colours mixed with the space and planets. Even the cover CD has the sun on a big plan.

So to conclude my review, I just want to say that this release turned out to be a real nice surprise. I was somehow a little bit renitent because I only knew two artists on the track list (though after some digging I saw I knew more), but the verdict is that this is a recommend CD. The music in this one isn’t very hard or heavy or even night time madness, sometimes it touches fullonic sonorities, but is very well spent money. The music is interesting, danceable, intelligent and fresh. It was a marvellous surprise to hear this CD.           ...
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : May 14, 2008 20:39
Great Review a3k!

For sure this is a banging CD... and definately Makus and Dana top the album with a really twisted track.

And then Cifroteca, Sulima and Magmadivers take over and give us some of the finest tunes from Ukraine...

10/10
Mad

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
Zea
Sphingida

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 15, 2008 12:05
Cool!great job
makus
Overdream

Started Topics :  82
Posted : May 15, 2008 12:40
yeah, a nice review indeed, thanks guys for your kind feedback =)           
www.overdreamstudio.com
Saikozaurus
Saikozaurus

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 15, 2008 14:14
Hehe, thanks for proper review, man. How I see you are trippy And thank you for support!           http://soundcloud.com/saikozaurus
http://www.myspace.com/saikozaurus
bookings: saikozaurus@gmail.com
Semi-Conductors

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 16, 2008 00:04
Yea nice tunes!

New compilation from Skygravity records coming soon           Semi-Conductors promo
IgorOrlovskiy
Irukanji

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 16, 2008 16:58
great review!           .
~:)
http://soundcloud.com/irukanji-music
http://facebook.com/irukanji.music
Sentimony
Sentimony Records

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 22, 2010 10:00
Yes, nice review           .
http://sentimony.com/releases
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sky Gravity Volume 2 / Solar System - Sky Gravity Records - 2007

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance