Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Shulman- In Search of A Meaningful Moment (Aleph Zero, Dec. 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Shulman- In Search of A Meaningful Moment (Aleph Zero, Dec. 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 09:36
Shulman- In Search of A Meaningful Moment (Aleph Zero, Dec. 2003)
1. Inner Selves 11:43
2. The Unexpected Visitor 10:41
3. A Magnificent Void 11:02
4. Consciousness Revoked 10:58
5. Random Lifelines 7:26
6. Mushroom Therapy 8:00
7. Another Paradigm 2:16
8. Instability 12:35

Go buy this CD. Open the nylon wrap, turn off the light, relax and clear at least an hour and a half of your time (you might want three available). Then sit or lye down, press play and listen to the birds sing. You'll listen to the birds absent mindedly till suddenly before you realize, the weird sounds engulf you, suck you, and you'll sink slowly into a world made of sound. Made of sound, yet still very solid, very vivid, very much alive. Here you have the chance to spend then next 75 minutes and enjoy a rare experience indeed. Every track is a world of its own. Shulman will take you through the maze of sounds back to the psychedelics of the 60s & 70s, through Indian and oriental realms with caressing and deep vocals, using flutes, piano and guitars, soaring and diving with beautiful melodies, manipulating, distorting and twisting an enormous array of computer and non-computer generated sounds, hitting dubby and jazzy spots, traveling to far away corners of electro land, and all that sprayed on impossible carpets of twisted beats and rhythms and traveling through a spiraling vortex of flying psychedelia. And while being such a complex and mind challenging musical experience, this album manages to be also a strong emotional experience, an almost physical one at times.
So, if you've been listening to psychedelic trance and psychedelic chillout/ambient for a while, you must have felt bored lately, felt like nothing is really new, and nobody is really innovating for a long time now. Well, I'm happy to let you know- these days are over!!! Shulman bring you something completely different, a challenge to the mind and heart, a magical land of sounds, fresh and full of wonders to get lost in.

Recommendation: The most impressive, challenging and beautiful down tempo release I've heard in a long long while. Plenty of meaningful moments here- a real masterpiece!!!
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 15:26
So...tou really like this one eh?!?!?!
Well,it`s a pretty nice release but I`m not shocked.
Very good production,deep tunes.
But.....I don`t love it,not yet at least may be it`s not my style.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
DJAmanita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Dec 24, 2003 23:54
LOL!!!! I have to agree with Justin. This album while good is not a masterpeice to me. I am however liking it quite a bit. Fun stuff that does not break new ground but does a good job at taking you places. Verry visual music for me.
Reconstructed

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 01:46
Absolutely fantastic, Shulman is now one of my top 5 favorite artists.

This is one of those albums that when you listen to it, you know something is happening. Remember the first time (I hate to make this comparison!) you listened to 'Are you Shpongled'? This album captures that same innovative feel, like a new direction in chillout is being paved.
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 12:59
I totaly agree with that last statement.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Dec 25, 2003 15:10
Beautiful album... !
sound is sooo fuckin good and tasty

i feel like im into a pc game dont know why

Keeeeep It Up           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Dumdubbydu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 29, 2003 17:26
Wow man.....,this album it`s not just an album...
It`s a revelation!!!
PrincezzzToma
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 29, 2003 20:00
I like it too. Very relaxing and makes you think, and of good things too. Helps to forget problems, and you just want to take a break from reality and all stuff happening around and close your eyes and listen to the music... Great! Second amazing album from Shulman!
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Dec 30, 2003 00:28
Really that good huh? I didn't like his first album at all, except for the first track (that one was REALLY good though). But maybe this album is better?
          Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Dec 30, 2003 18:13
ya Goblim i also didnt like much his 1st one..... but this is VERY GOOOOOD !           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Memory Loss
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Jan 1, 2004 14:50
Wow What A Relaxing Cd Really Make Me Fly
This Cd Is Good When You Wanna Sleep
Or Smoking A "Nargila"
          Skate 0R Die
danielpaltin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 2, 2004 18:52
nice album with deep vib's

bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jan 29, 2004 05:02
amen to this!
i load my chillum with the fresh green in honor of beautiful sounds from mr. shulman.
so thick and heady... ott-ish at times ie the magical automatic super perfect psychedelic dub button being pressed.
too good?
another one thats sure to get some play at indoor camping.

bom
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Shulman- In Search of A Meaningful Moment (Aleph Zero, Dec. 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance