Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Shiva Chandra - Subsonic (Spirit Zone 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Shiva Chandra - Subsonic (Spirit Zone 2003)

Rafael
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 2, 2003 00:29
1.- Shiva Chandra - Splud---->this track is no so good ...have killer samples but these minimal style is not so good for dance
2.- Shiva Chandra - I Never Have---> nice minimal track with good morning pianos
3.- Shiva Chandra - Loops---> no coments is the worst track i have hear from Daniel Vernunft
4.- Shiva Chandra - The Rip Fx---> wooww very nice fx use on this track ...the progression is no so good but sounds are killers
5.- Shiva Chandra - Turn About--->woooww very nice track ....is a bit slow but is so killer!
6.-Shiva Chandra - Family--->Nice Tune !! have good guitar sounds acompaning the track sounds
7.- Shiva Chandra - Alien Reminder---> woooww very nice track from Daniel ...have very good sounds ...bad that it turns very boring at last part
08- Shiva Chandra - Tinware--->good track psychedelic sounds many cool progression
09- Shiva Chandra - Modern Acoustics--->woooooow very nice chillout tune ....it had release at a psychdelic chillout compi from spirit zone ...but is for sure a very good job from Daniel
Leshiy

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 2, 2003 15:22
i know the box comes with a video CD.
what's on it ?

have to disagree with you about Splud
it's my favorite track on the CD.

Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 7, 2003 23:22
I got this today...listened it for 1 time and already love it!!!!
Killer album, I like ALL trax,...Daniel is just a minimal genius...what to do....if u are expecting something surprising...forget it...it doesnt surprise u besides the fact all trax are very good....ut its still Daniel`s style..nothing much different, maybe we can say its a bit more morning than the previous Shiva`s album...a bit softer..but i dont care at alll...i love it! like i love all Daniel`s music!           The Devil Is In Detail!
Rafael
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 11, 2003 06:52
yeee daniel is one from my favorite artist too ....but before auricular album his sounds is not killer as in past .....u cant see more killers like schakelstulh or cotani ...him is forgetting the progreessive style that make he grew ....for example i see his live with some friends this weekend may 09 2003 ...and many people say me shiva chandra isnt so good ....he present his new album ....it has killer sounds ...but sometimes beat and production is not so killer .......not as in past ...when he burn all dnacefloor where him step on ....
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : May 11, 2003 08:16
Well I heard it at a friend's house, and I was disapointed.
Less harsh than his previous albums, the sounds are too "expected", softer. Sometimes even reminding me of tech-house.
I will not buy it.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : May 11, 2003 15:01
Up to this one, each album by Shiva Chandra was harder, darker, and more minimal than the one before - instead of taking us further into these dark realms, this album is less psychedelic than the earlier 3 of his, taking a 90 degree turn towards the happy-clubby-fluffy sounds which I thought Spirit Zone had bannished to Plusquam. The beast in a box is now nothing more than empty now. Yet another one of the hard droning artists has become soft and fluffy. I'd like to blame Mapusa and the Plusquam crew for being a bad influence on Daniel, but it's just not right.

The only track I liked in this album was Turn About. I'm sorry, but unless this album was a mistake (and I hope it is), I will stop being a Shiva Chandra fan.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : May 12, 2003 01:31
damn kaz, im getting this! shiva chandra has always been a inspiration to me...

A
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 13, 2003 11:09
I think this album is incredible, one of Daniel's best. It is both abstract and emotional, and I wouldn't call it fluffy at all. It is mentally "heavy" but also has moments of musicality delicately woven into the minimal sound explorations. The melodies are not uplifting, but rather bittersweet and occasionally melancholic. The album is actually more "downlifting" than "uplifting" which is ok as trance parties always err on too much energy not enough depth. This is not pure dance music at all, but more experimental and very original. No one else makes music that sounds anything remotely like this, which is always a sign of artistic integrity. The production is also absolutely outstanding, with the sounds carrying a physical presence. Production this good makes music as much about textures as about patterns. Daniel is not doing cookbook dancefloor-burners; this is a slow and deep mind-churner. I don't think this music would work very well in a club, but outdoors at the right moment late in the party when people's bodies are tired and their brains need some stimulation, this would be the bomb! My favorites are Splud, Turn About, and Tinware, all amazing tracks.
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 13, 2003 15:33
Great album if you like "the new wave" of progressive trance. If you like dark and very minimalistic trance, then this is not for you. I happen to appriciate both kinds of progressive, so i thing this album is very nice. 8.5 /10.           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : May 30, 2003 15:40
i didnt think of buying this first...after "gecko" which i don't like very much, shiva chandra dissapeared from my "to watch for list". but driven by boredness, i had a listen today at the store and i was very surprised that this album really touchs me, and i had to buy it immediately. indeed, its soft, thats what i like on it Fav.'s : "Splud", "The Rip FX" and numbers 6 - 9. and the grafic design. 8.5 / 10

edit: yeah, it is sad to lose so much brillant uplifting minimal artists...but since i dont listen this much nowadays (i still prefer the offbeat bass morning sound) its kinda fresh to have such things at home.
          Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 30, 2003 17:25
after two extra boring albums (gecko and one under name aircular) but after also two great previous album (luna space and aircular [this time as a name of a album]) Daniel come with another nice production. in opposite to gecko and aircular here on top of minimal harsh beat found nice melodic lines to keep it feelfull, not a extraordinare album but nice one for a weekend.           Believe your soul !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Shiva Chandra - Subsonic (Spirit Zone 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance