Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sharigrama - Mexican Mushroom (AP Records) Feb 2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sharigrama - Mexican Mushroom (AP Records) Feb 2005

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 16:39
1. Electric Forces
2. Fading Away
3. Didge Daz
4. Mexican Mushroom
5. Halusignorita (Shari Remix)
6. Words
7. Magic Land
8. Spheres
9. Change

After hearing a lot about this project and with all the sad drama that occurred last year, I was anxious to receive the promo for Sharigrama’s new cd – Mexican Mushroom. So without much hesitation I dove into it.

The first track entitled “Electric Forces” comes in with a good intro great use of samples and a funky rhythm. I always like to have Terrence McKenna somewhere on a track; he seems to always take a track off the deep end. Nice base on this one – morning music a la Mexico, nothing too harsh. Next comes “Fadin Away”. This track starts the full-on part of the journey. Influences from around the world, I recognize sounds from Israel to Brazil. Didge Diaz is a great track; it features a didgeridoo as the main attraction along with baselines that tell the story of the track. I like how every musical piece here has a connection with its predecessor. “Mexican Mushroom” is exactly that – to anyone that has been to Mexico – this track reminds me of many things… it is mysterious and driving. “Halusignorita” is full blown retro Goa trance with up to date technology. Eastern melodies along with T. McKenna again deliver a wonderful combination that took me for a wild ride and reminded me of yester years. Next up is “Words” a straighter forward piece with dubby hits and ambience along with good use of vocal samples. “Magic Land” is a tribal rhythmic piece with softer yet resonant melodies. Slowing things down in the journey of the mushroom. Great bouncy groovy beat with the funkiness of “Spheres”, not the best track on the album, but not bad at all. Last but not least, Sharigrama finishes on an up note. “Change” is another Goa influenced piece of work that had me flying around like an airplane in my living room.

Altogether I think this is really special cd. For the first time I was pleasantly surprised to hear and appreciate that not every sounds was tweaked on the level of Infected Mushroom. This actually gave much more soul and spirit to the journey. The production is good, very good from what I heard from Mexico so far and the ideas are on a world-class level for certain. I feel a certain emotion was channeled into this piece of art- it really shows.

Recomendation: Highly recommended to those who are about to trance, if you have a good hour to sit and be taken to another place, like in the past. try it.

website link: http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=726           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
B_PM_
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 16:53
Hey man, great review but you forgot to rate it. Indeed, this is a great album, although i was not expecting something good, well, i was wrong. I give this album 8.3, and my favorite tracks are 3(!) and 4. Ok, c ya
log.A.rythm
Logarythm

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 3, 2005 17:47
carlos siliceo was a genius,he developed the best trance ever made in mexico for over a year,now this is the result of his lifework, we are very proud of his music,and his album,wich will rock the world for sure ,with excelent mexican trance sounds all over it,at his best,i give it 9.5\10 dont miss this one, is fullof emotion and the soul of a very good friend and a hihgly talented musician chak.

alfredo
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Mar 4, 2005 07:40
hey BP_M_ i left the rating/grading system when i finished school many years ago. i simply like it because its of quality and that is an intangible in my eyes
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 4, 2005 11:12

Surrender,
Quote:

After hearing a lot about this project and with all the sad drama that occurred last year, I was anxious to receive the promo for Sharigrama’s new cd – Mexican Mushroom. So without much hesitation I dove into it.

What sad drama are you referring to? Did something bad happen?

--------------------------------------------------
Travel, without moving.
log.A.rythm
Logarythm

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 4, 2005 17:44
carlos siliceo aceves (chak),misteriously lost his life last year 26 june in balneario camboriu brazil,he was the big mind behind sharigrama's music,this cd is the result of his lifework talent and dedication to music.

alfredo
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Mar 5, 2005 20:55
Well, I didn't like this album very much...

The best track for me is the remix to Protoculture - Halusignorita.

But as always I advice people to listen and have their own opinion...
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
IceThunder

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 5, 2005 21:10
Really good one album,i liked.Good conception and production
favorite:Fading away           Smart Man Finds Solution,Idiot Founds Excusse
Where Words Fall,Music Speaks
When injustice becomes the law,resistance is yours duty.
Substance/Atari.1
Substance / The Ataris

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 6, 2005 00:42
well finally its out and i must say i like most of the tracks, but honestly for beeing an ap records realese this is wicked and completely different from everything they take out to the ppl... the artwork the mastering etc...

its great thats its out finally... and i hope this one close one era that must be already over for many of us (in a good way i mean)

great album and great effort they did to put this one out
Spectron

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 6, 2005 17:38
yeah i heard total confusion talk about this in radio jerusalem 101 fm when they give set
(by the way the set was fuckin bomb)
and after was a reveiw about the sharigrama new cd one of the total members talk about this....
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Jan 17, 2006 13:41
I just bought this album. *Hoping for good trippy trance music from Mexico!*

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/79569/forum/1
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 11:38
carlos siliceo (R.I.P)a killer album very trippy music and the cover design is superb.The tracks are very easy and not really full on,very nice rmx of a protoculture track, a great cd with very good production overall.A must buy.
boom           "If Pac man had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”.
phobic

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 29, 2006 20:01
ah sharigrama-magic land

imo, the best track on there.

how amazing is the peak of the track!
psybox

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 28, 2008 09:10
magic land one of my favs too wat pulling. magically done
          "keep trancing"
diskOtek
Entek

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 28, 2008 15:45
used to spin 'mexican mushroom' back in my fullon days!neat track!
overall it's a quite good album!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sharigrama - Mexican Mushroom (AP Records) Feb 2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance