Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Shakta - Out Of Sight (Dragonfly, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Shakta - Out Of Sight (Dragonfly, 2001)

___Sex-Tazi
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 8, 2001 18:46:32
Cover: http://goatrance.free.fr/covers/outofsig.jpg

01- Amazon
02- Threads
03- Next Stop Kawaguchi
04- Dirty Bouka
05- Questions
06- Too Close (Digitalis)
07- Quiet Science
08- Answers
09- System 16
10- Out Of Sight
11- Bonus Track

Definitely not the typical pure melodic goa style that we used to hear from Seb Teylor in his last 2 albums but the quality and the goodness are still listenable like the old days.

Amazon is first while we can hardly notice any melody, only tech elemets with cool bass-line - a great opening which is strictly connected to the next track, despite the fact that a mixing between the trax is deeply lacking!
Threads continues the same tech/unmelodic style of Amazon which is so un-Seb, i doubt if I asked anyone of you: who made that track, you would say: Shakta.
Next Stop Kawaguchi starts strongly with this rythem and this vibey name of it - a very good sampled dancefloor hit but again no certain melody.
Dirty Bouka presents us tribal drums combined with the first trax style.
For some reason I found Question as a clubby tune - not too clubby though but absolutely not a psychedelic gem and absolutely not the wanted stuff from Seb imho.
Too Close (Digitalis) is a chill out/techno track, and a very quality nice one with the typical euro-techno samples.
Quiet Science is weak in dancefloor terms - no hard bassline or kick very disappointaing.
Answers is not the best tune here for sure features some samples from Genetic Eyes by Alien Project & Astrix released on the fifth Israels Psycedelic Trance - very average track.
Coming up the best track here with very uplifting bassline and tech-melodies integrated with strict changes and powerfull rythem.
The title track is tech-trance with a lower BPM than the other trax with kinda dubbed elements.

All in all, as a goa lover I say this new style of Seb is kinda fresh but not as good as his old style.
Some will say it's a part of the progression the scene is going through from the melodic spiritual goa-trance to the minimal futuristic tech-trance but on the other hand, some will say that Seb is just too exhausted from his old style.

IMHO, new style or not.. Seb could do it much better in some parts and couldn't in another:
7.5/10

What about the bonus track? hmmmmmmmm..  U have to hear it first.. a masterpiece :D
___TrancEisT
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 8, 2001 16:44:33
doesn't sound too interesting...
nice review though.

the bonus track sure lives up to those wonderfull carton action sound tracks.
Keep it up Seb!

___GuyShanti
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  59
Posted : Sep 9, 2001 13:55:53
best bonus track in history

G
___ShivaS
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  96
Posted : Sep 12, 2001 21:24:40
i like this album a lot
more then previous "..ape" and less then 1st one
___DCQ
Old Forum Member
Posted : Sep 15, 2001 13:57:25
not really upbeat enough on the whole for me, if you catch my drift...
it just lakcs that extra something that would make me like it much more
dont get me wrong, its good

and i like questions... i keep imagining the 'questions' vocal sample replaced in thart with a sample from the halifax advert from britain... u kno, 'kupi' when he says questioons...

if it hda that instead, then i would give it 10/10 just for cheekiness
___triptonight
Old Forum Member
Posted : Sep 15, 2001 21:31:03
so its true?
shakta moved to minimal style ,nice
___BUBUNOTSETS
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 31, 2002 20:07:56
good shakta album he realy evolved 2steps forwerd
&even if its minimal you can still here its seb
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Shakta - Out Of Sight (Dragonfly, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance