Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Seroxat - Brutal Beats (2004 - Crystal Matrix)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Seroxat - Brutal Beats (2004 - Crystal Matrix)

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 9, 2004 16:28
Tracklist:

1. Andarlamoosia
2. Brutal Beat
3. The Witching Hour RMX
4. Kriz
5. Violent Thoughts
6. Born To Die
7. Death Machine
8. Black Ice
9. She razzi Buzzi

The review:
Alright, so I checked the forum and there was no review for this one yet. Since I've had it for some time now, I just thought I'd post a review, since I'm anxious to find out what other people think of this release. Down to business then. If you don't know Seroxat then you obviously don't buy many compilations, or you just absolutely hate this darker style of psytrance. You see, Seroxat makes psytrance like Azax Syndrome, Kindzadza and others. Pretty driving, dark stuff. We immediately fall into the dark atmosphere with track 1, which has a weird name. Sampled screams and some weird sounds and the ever present pounding bassline get you in the mood immediately. Track 2 comes up and this one has a lot of screechy sounds and works with snaredrums a lot. Pretty driving track, nothing really outstanding. Then the remix of witching hour. This is more like it. Dark atmosphere and somehow a lot better to listen to in my ears than track 2. Track 4 is more dry and continues in the same style as previous tracks. Nice kinda twisted melodyline at the end. Track 5 then. Less interesting in my taste, more like track 2. Good, but not great or anything. Track 6 is a little slower. The same style continues here, although this one has a great little haunting kinda melody. One of the better tracks. Death Machine uses another sample from the movie 'Cube' which has been sampled a lot in psytrance already. Nothing special here. Black Ice is another squelcher, so if you like this style you will be overjoyed with another example of it. The last track... well, what is there to say? Liked the previous ones? You'll probably dig this. Though I have to say that by the time I reach the end of this cd I'm fed up with the style. And so we come to conclusion time. A solid cd if you like this style, so if you really want some more Seroxat tracks I'd go for it! I bought this one to have some darker kicks every now and then. The album suits me best when I listen two or three tracks from it. I can't bring myself to listen it in its entirety because I quickly get bored with his style. It's basically all the same, sometimes it even sounds like you're listening to eight remixes of the same song. But anyway, it's not at all bad, mind you. Some of the tracks that I pointed out are pretty cool. Specifically tracks 3,4,6 are really good. The rest: well... not bad. But not really cool. For some kind of reason Kindzadza's album, which is a lot like this considering style bores me a lot less. Then again, Kindzadza is more diverse in sounds. I'd give this album 6,5/10. If you really like the style, go get it. But I'd advise you to check out the samples of it first.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 9, 2004 18:02
Blank messege ?!

Quote:

On 2004-12-09 16:28, Acidhive wrote:
track 1, which has a weird name.

Andralamoosia = Disorder, choas in hebrew
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Dec 10, 2004 07:37
This release looks tasty!           _______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
kobi_palombo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Dec 10, 2004 16:59
nice album....
The Witching Hour RMX is the besttttttttttttttt !!

Boom
Arata

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Dec 11, 2004 20:34
killer album!!
just what i expected from this guy:)

Namaste...
Stash
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 10:52
it a nice album indeed but it cannot be termed as dark trance imo
got a few brilliant tracks
1. Andarlamoosia
2. Brutal Beat
3. The Witching Hour RMX
7. Death Machine

are the tracks i like the most from the album
but the best track is ANDARLAMOOSIA

overall = 8/10

At the end there is a DOOR & waiting for you on the other side of that door is either HEAVEN or HELL
fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 12:18
yep witching hour is fucking greaaaaaaaaaaaat!!
longo.sf

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 20, 2005 05:56
andarlamoosia the best for sure.
the witching hour rmx.killer one too.
dark sounds to frightened ppl.
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 20, 2005 09:07
I actually don't listen to dark much, I'm a full on guy. Listen to dark once in a while for a break from the full on sound, I tried this album couple of weeks back & was blown away by it.

There's not a single track on the CD that i feel like skipping. Wicked, totally wicked album. My favourite track (though i like all of them) would be Death Machine.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Travel, without moving.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 15:13
Well, I listened to it some more and lately I've been liking the dark style more and more. Officially upgraded this to 8/10 now.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Jeller
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 09:35
nice album bu this is totally nnot kindzadza style, it is azax syndrom style like you said
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 12:45
this album created mayhem for quite a long time when i heard it first....

btw...combat is gonna be out tomm so more dosage of seroxat and winter baba hehe
0v3rd0s3d
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 21:09
very nice cd this one !
Seroxat crazy
nowadays yes, it sounds more like Azax, but not in this cd and previous releases eheh           http://myspace.com/overthedose
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 22:14
Good cd.. pretty much all the tracks were powerful and driving. Didnt feel that all the tracks were first class though. But this is a perfect, sharp power morning style stuff that goes down very well after a heavy hitting line up.
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 8, 2006 21:39
Brutal!!! ...but the Azax influence is obvius... its a good album indeed.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Seroxat - Brutal Beats (2004 - Crystal Matrix)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance