Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sci-Forest ~ Fetish Box (6d soundz 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sci-Forest ~ Fetish Box (6d soundz 2005)

Lauri

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 23, 2005 15:57
My review from psynews and oztrance:

Tracklist:

1. Sintar Calamiah
2. Baka Inu 9
3. Super Secret Dog Club
4. Frayed
5. Aphro Black
6. Golgo Likes Oil Sardine
7. Implement Matter
8. Metaphysical Sarumawashi

The latest from 6d Soundz is the debut album of Sci-Forest, a one-man outfit from Japan, also the label boss Sharaku and Pentti Slayer of Texas Faggott are involved in producing and mastering, respectfully. This is quite hard, relentless music. Fat analogueish bass and kick with a steady, albeit nutty progression of synths on top. Also some of the songs feature very nice percussion work in a prog rock fashion. At times this reminds me of Yamabikaya and early Psy-Harmonics releases, like Antediluvian Rocking Horse´s classic "Music For The Odd Occasion" , although this one doesn`t feature any chillier songs. Also unlike Yamabikaya, this doesn`t have a drunken, happy vibe, this is dead-of-night music, when the forest is breathing.

Highlights are "Sintar Calamiah" which has the same feeling as ARH`s "Rigorous Doughnut" and "Afro Black" with its relentlessness and crazy "push, push, push" vocals.

8/10

p.S when does Ten-G release something?
sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : May 24, 2005 07:22
iz very good CD!!! mega quality sounds!! totemo kichigai!

psychedelic***           new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
OADE

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 25, 2005 00:14
Looking Forward the hear this one..
psunspot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : May 25, 2005 00:51
me tooooooooooooooooo

wish i could go to this one to hear it

http://www.mandalavandalz.net/flyer4.tif

kobi_palombo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : May 25, 2005 14:33
hehe me to baba
im sure its gonna be besttt party !!

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jun 21, 2005 01:04
All tracks written by Sci Forest (Tsuyoshy Tateno), mastering by Pentty Slayer (Texas Faggott), production by Shakaru.

Sintar Calamiah begins with an hypnotic techno influenced tune, very strange atmosphere, like a vision disorder with buzzy images. At 2’25 there’s a good swift funny break, your pupil rework again and all get back to normal. Then you’re in a weird country environment, all is disformed but this time your eyes aren’t responsible, it’s mother earth or maybe OGM. It’s strange you don’t recognize anything, you probably cross an hidden door to the future. Progressing in this unknown area ( from 4’30 ) you get more & more certain that you’re approaching a civilized town. That’s the case from 5’49. Did you miss the urban traffic jam’s klaxons symphony ? Anyway that’s the first noise that welcomes you in your living town but in … 3005.

Baka Inu 9 is more tribe through his bass/rythmic, indeed here the rythmic evolves between broken beat & hardtek. There’s so many different parts that it results a bit difficult to keep his attention all over the track. With so variety here, the final cut appears to me badly raw.

Super Secret Dog Club is more bouncy with soft industrial tones. You’re submerged under a torrent of funny skipping sounds. Is this Super Secret Dog Club the place to an alien dogs jumping/dancing world championship ? Hum, i’m afraid that the answer is yes & probably Zebulon is a master coach.

Frayed has an undeniable butcher feeling due to the rythmic, claps are resonating like a chopper (from 4’50). At 2’50 little moaning can be heard, that may emanates from a sheep. Suddenly the atmosphere becomes happy go lucky with a total change in tones from 5’50, i’m nearly sure the sheep succeeded to escape from the butcher’s. before getting killed. As a result next timewhen you’ll place an order for a döner kebab, don’t be surprised if you are being told that they’re running out of stock.

.Aphro Black is a pure crazy funkadelic coppled with a smashing proggy rythm filled with tons of singer samples from which i’m totally unable to tell where they come from.

Bolgo likes Oil Sardine, or the story of a huge yellow hairy monster that isn’t very naughty except when he doesn’t receive his weekly Oil Sardine ration from commerces. He is easily recognizable from far just by hearing his slow loud & clumsy walk starting at 0’40. Bolgo also has the particularity when he’s hungry, to put out of order all but only commerces data processing & electronic system just by walking in a perimeter of 500 meters of their location. Generally when it occurs, you can listen to a twisted chime, the longer it sounds the more systems he has desactivated & most of time it goes raising (0’50, 3’55, 5’32, 6’31).
Bolgo is talkative (2’58) even he doesn’t frequently get understood but Bolgo doesn’t care really at a single exception : when he gets his oil sardine ration, he’s able to say ‘I like…I like’ (7’20).

Implement Matter sounds more industrial at first i need to specify coz all tracks from Sci Forest have the same specificity to start one way & to multi evolve to several styles, don’t expect once again a linear build up. This time, the tune ends up in a close Texas Faggott style.

Metaphysical Sarumawashi posseeds several twisted leads. At 5’45 if you don’t still get insane, Sci Forest starts to hit pans for his rythmic. The end is funny with a woman voice sample basis, you’re listening to something close to an airplane just before his landing at the airport, flying over your home at low altitude.

An album for those who are open eardrumed & don’t bare anymore linear full on, 8 true tunes of psychedelic trance music with concrete techno influences & muchmore electronic influences inside, let’s dive in !
Mandala Echos
Mandala Echos

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 22, 2005 01:44
this is reaaaaaaaally good music
big boooooom to 6 dimension soundz
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Aug 26, 2005 02:35
so... where do you actually get this one again?
want to hear but can't find...           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 26, 2005 14:58
Rah it's available from Saiko
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 4, 2005 20:05
you can also try this:
http://www.psy-harmonics.com.au/wipv3_6/page2/show.jsp?id=231045&db=Entries
Andreh
Bash / Kernel Panic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Nov 23, 2006 18:04
DUDE!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes for this project, i´m a big of your music Tsuyoshy Tateno!!!

Keepp this gooood job!!!!!

Thankz!!!           Bash's Home:
http://www.myspace.com/bashbr

Mind Tweakers Records:
http://www.mindtweakers.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Sci-Forest ~ Fetish Box (6d soundz 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance