First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Sad news

Kitnam
Mantik

Started Topics :  110
Posted : Feb 26, 2003 15:24
just a few month after beeing a new fan of his sound.. i read this thread..so i get shocked.
i never meet him, but its easy to read here
that he had many friends and he was a very nice guy to meet ..and a very nice musician for sure too.

maybe im too fast for u.. maybe its not realy a good idea... but i imagine to have a cd in my hands
which is called like: "hands on cosma" or "in memory of cosma"
containing remixes of his trax by our best tranceartists out there.. the artists wouldnt get payments and it will be spend for poor people in our world which realy need it... hungerin kids in africa for example..
im sure avihen would love to see that.
just an idea.

ozdoof

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 11, 2003 01:27
i received an email today with this :

To COSMA with love

On February 10th, one of Israel's greatest trance artists, COSMA (aka Avihen Livne) passed away at the age of 22 from a motorcycle accident in Goa, in thespiritual land of India.

This sad news brought upon a tremendous shock to the people In the trance music scene.Interested in various genres of music since his childhood, COSMA has been known for his original style of music composition since 1988 . Using his outstanding computers skills and in collaboration with Benny Risher, he produced the album, "Diabulo Insufficient Memory" under the name of Diabulo in 1999 . Since then he has participated with several compilation albums under the name of COSMA. After working together with top artists such as DJ Ido Ophir (Domestic) and DJ Erez Izen (Infected),his inspiration and Ideas for music took a different course. Released In 2001, "Simplicity" was revered as one of the best creations of the next generation of Israeli trance.

At the pinnacle of his artistic endeavor, "non-stop" will be released worldwide on March 14th. Who would have predicted that it would be his last album? The first track entitled "The Time has come," suggests that COSMA may have for seen his departure from this physical life.

We TRUE TRANCE would like to give a prayer to COSMA by having DJ ZIKI (TRUE TRANCE Israel) and DJ RAINMAN (DREAMFIELD Taiwan) play all of his greatest tracks at the time when COSMA's live performance was scheduled. In addition, we will play numerous performances he has done all over the world in video clips, which will be STREAMED LIVE OVER THE INTERNET.

Israel : March 14th : 7pm - 11pm
Tokyo : March 15th : 2am -6am

Please come to our party in the memory COSMA We embrace what COSMA has created through his music: peace, love, equality and respect. Let's come together and pray together, hoping that it will reclaim his spirit, if not his life.
more info at : http://www.truetrance.com/live/

~namaste~
Webgrrl
          OZDOOF : Australian PSYTRANCE party photos & events : http://www.ozdoof.com
Blind Mind

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 11, 2003 04:37
When "Simplicity" comes out, i was totally amazed by some Yankovich's Works and thought for myself:
"Here it is an AMAZING Work, a true MASTERPIECE full of potential that could sound even better if "directly assisted" by Eyal, as it happened (happens) with many other Artists on different Albums/Compilations where some change totally the style almost put the Music..."Walking":) on some Works.

So, as well as everybody, i thought that we had a lot to expect from such young talent, as its confirmed next in several excellent tracks on Compilations and now with the New Album which is the last Avihen's Work

NO Words.

Better shut up (about).

It's the time for the normal Human Being behaviour on these > sad sad sad < occasions:
Everyone comes, expressed its own pain, speaks about its own sadness, talk about qualities that never had spoken before, etc etc etc.
The usual.

More words for what

Everything it's said, isn't it

...mmmmmm...
EVERYTHING           - BEing mySELF
Blind Mind

Posted : Jun 11, 2003 05:17
Well, there are one curious story that probably NOBODY cares BUT that i remember > VERY VERY WELL <
And i remember > VERY VERY WELL < because it's an "episode" that brought me VERY SERIOUS problems (by my fault) in SEVERAL aspects (RIDICULOUS connections, mainly), that i'm still paying the consequences, even today (problem fixed).

So, when "Simplicity" comes out, i has just found a famous Website full of Reviews and despite the TOTAL INITIAL SHOCK (it's necessary to explain?!!!?) also was excited and looking forward for ppl reactions.
And, one day, i read something that turned me COMPLETELY away
Of course, not identified, besides some agressive comments, someone called Avihen..."pig"

My first reaction was call him a big big big coward (with caps lock) and make a lot of "noise" (also in other Reviews) in order to call attention to the Webmasters erase such humiliating Post(s).
So, for about > ONE WEEK < those Post(s) was written in "Simplicity" Review so i'm sure that > many (MANY!) < ppl have read it.

Lately, not only for reading this Thread, we all noticed that Avihen had lots of Friends/Admirers.
Nothing to be surprised on these > sad sad sad < occasions.

BUT (and this is IMPORTANT) > AT THE TIME < the only reaction was from Yuli (BLT)
> NOBODY ELSE < said > NOTHING <
For about > ONE WEEK < someone called Avihen..."pig" and...
> NOBODY < said > ONE WORD <

It's very probable that, even now, with tears in the eyes we came across such kind of unbelievable insults on TRANCE Websites ( it's FULL FULL FULL of them around )

PEACE & LOVE > RESPECT < & >> UNITY <<          - BEing mySELF
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jun 11, 2003 11:11
it's not a friendly thing to do to call someone a "pig" but i'm sure the people who are critisized understand that it's notbing but some kid who's doing it...
so i wouldn't say it's really that big of a deal..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Blind Mind

Posted : Jun 11, 2003 21:57
I understand your pov, traveller, but it's quite possible that you didn't got mine because, since i found Trance, i'm living in another World.

PLUR          - BEing mySELF
Dj Gui

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 22, 2003 02:48
No words... Wanna meet her THERE...           Save your soul. Save Psy !
Plan_B
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 23, 2003 21:32
no one shoulds REALLY take it personally. it's obvious that a critic refering to some1 as "PIG" has nothing to do with music or criticism for that matter. anyway, just wanted to say that after all this time, i still can't belive it. And the names of the tracks in the new album (Gr8 by the way) gives me goosebumps...

dArn it, it's just aint fair...           "The Blues is'nt about making you feel better. It's about making others feel worse, and make a few bucks while you're at it." - "Bleeding gums" Murphey.
Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 27, 2003 01:07
I got this news long ago and I was deeply shocked...
I just saw the topic. Shahar your words, they made me feel it again. It's just so sad.
R.I.P. Avihen!

Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 27, 2003 01:11
how come this shit happen anyway???
???
today you just live and tomorrow death comes and there's just no more!
it's so damn hard!
Blind Mind

Posted : Jul 1, 2003 07:27
Quote:

On 2003-06-23 21:32, Plan_B wrote:
no one shoulds REALLY take it personally.
it's obvious that a critic refering to some1 as "PIG" has nothing to do with music or criticism for that matter.

Plan B,
The story speaks for itself.

EXACTLY for the word "pig" doesn't have anything to see with music shouldn't be there, don't you agree
Of course is not a critic to anybody in particular or anybody should take it personally being that the main reason for that story to have been written, to try to avoid/stop some possible hypocrisy or some tears thrown to the wind with doubtful intentions, frequent on these painful occasions and, again, this is not a critic to anybody in particular even because i don't know nobody.

PLUR

Quietly, for the interested ones, let's take a look around and remember Avihen Livne.

Music = Art
Art = Eternal          - BEing mySELF
benny
Basic

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 11, 2003 05:32
Buba you will always be part of me...
I love you brother, we will meet agian in the next game...
Blind Mind

Posted : Mar 20, 2005 19:45
Quote:
Avihen has done a great deal and put much effort in this album, unfortunately, he did not live to see his own success.
With the music my child has left to the world, he wishes us to keep on dancing, to expel the darkness and bring the light to live and love NON-STOP.
Avihen believed that in music there are no enemies.
That all humans are equal, no matter where they are.
Thanks to your love, Avihen succeeded in fulfilling his dream.

Wish you all the best.
Love and light.

Tehila Livne,
Avihen's mother

- BEing mySELF
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 00:28
Hi Tehila, I read your funeral oration for Avichen together with the music in the site and I just can't describe what I felt in this moment.

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Mar 21, 2005 11:46
tehila u can´t imagine the number of people ur son changed..he is great...!!!he will prevail in the memory of the ones who lived at thix time..forever he is a part of this little piece of hystory we are building day by day!           ...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Sad news
← Prev Page
11 12 13 14 15 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance