Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Saafi Brothers - Liquid Beach (Saafi Records 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Saafi Brothers - Liquid Beach (Saafi Records 2003)

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 30, 2003 22:51
Saafi Brothers are Michael Kohlbecker and Gabriel Le Mar, both my oldtime favorites producers, no realy matter under what name, be it Fuenf D, Dub Connection, Magnat, Masun, Supercruiser, Gab's Lab. its allways will be nice, warm, non violent, techno influenced and dub'attended. both founders of Frankfurt dance culture, both allways stay away from big posters and main floors.
after a album on legend Blue Room and years of expirience they just make it for their own label, Saafi Records.
this album is a journey into downbeatey area of 4/4 music, starts with shiney ambient and evolve into slow-motion-tech-full-of-soul-beats, the ones who familar with Michael works will recognise the build ups for them Michael known so good.
all in all, its jewl, as we can expect from those guys, nothing interesting to look-after-killer-trax ppl, alot of good hours for open mind smiley know-how-to-live-good boyz and girlz.
give a try, worth every penny or other money u use for sure !!

01. Summerhills
02. The green cloud
03. Seven horizons
04. Feelings per room
05. Fusedub
06. Sunchild
07. Metapop (after morning mix)
08. Liquid beach
09. Lovin music
10. Metapop (feat. dea li)

Believe your soul !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : May 30, 2003 23:03
finaly... a short review.
i whould`ve review it sooner if i knew how

any way... wonderfull album imo.
very plesent sounds, nothing screams out, everything is just in place and flows so well.

i was wondering... any news about the new label?
          if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Jun 1, 2003 09:48
Same as Yossi.
I also wanted to review it, but didn't know how.
Excellent chill album. Worth every cent.
Go get it asap.

This is my new "relaxing after work" album.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
misha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 21, 2003 23:58
Its surprising that its only 3 posts here for such nice album!
One of the best cds of last 6 month,excellent dubby moments, refreshing and inspiring
Blind Mind

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 7, 2003 08:44
Since i found Dub Connected 1 (never tired of this album for about 3 years), i try to follow almost every release where Gabriel le Mar is involved.
Well, after having tried it several times on different moods, i must confess that mine expectations about Saafi Brothers, unfortunately, weren't fulfilled as it has been happening with Gab on his last releases after Dub Connected 2

No mistake, the album is quite relaxing, but, what i felt is that it lacks, if it could be expressed this way, more Soul, maybe or knowing Masun, mainly & Gab's energy, somthing is missing imho, of course.
Anyway, i already listened one of the tracks included in a Compilation and it sounds good there.
Maybe that's just an impression.

Looking forward for more Saafi Brothers & Gab's releases, for sure.

And to conclude, it's important to mention the incredible Cover which is one of the most really impressives that i've ever seen !!!

The best description that across my mind right now is > Beautiful & Sensual           - BEing mySELF
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jul 7, 2003 10:44
Quote:

On 2003-07-07 08:44, Blind zero wrote:

Looking forward for more Saafi Brothers & Gab's releases...

right now Spirit Zone release 4-th solo album oh that label. soon at your local dealer.           Believe your soul !
Blind Mind

Posted : Jul 8, 2003 00:27
Thanks for the very good news, Zombi

It's always nice to know for an upcoming album from Gabriel le Mar, a quite creative Artist doing an amazing Job in Trance/Electronic music, without a doubt.

Waiting...           - BEing mySELF
azz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 10, 2003 17:15
agreed! a very nice cd.
nearly impossible to follow 'Mystic Cigarettes'
but they managed           ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, Gi'iwa//MuddyPigsº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº
Blind Mind

Posted : Jul 11, 2003 04:57
Maybe a bit off-topic since is Saafi Brothers Thread, but just a comment concentrating only on Gabriel le Mar:

Searching for Gab's music after Dub connected 1, i found lots of stuff to explore:
Solo albums plus several projects, with different musicians, making different music on different Labels.
So, it's perfectly normal that some works mean or tell you more than others and, as we are changing and evolving all the time (listening/collecting more & more stuff), also it's normal that some albums/music can lose a bit that magic that they had in a certain/particular moment(s), or you no longer hear them frequently or even some, inclusively, you stopped hearing.           - BEing mySELF
Blind Mind

Posted : Jul 11, 2003 05:06
So, beside a few tracks on compilations, from everything i heard from Gabriel & respective Projects, i selected:

Aural Float - the 2 albums - on Electrolux
Supercruizer - Skidiverz - on Superstition
Dub Connected Vol 1 & 2 - on NovaTekk

The Dub Connected Project is where it's possible to feel Gab at its best nostalgic + energetic style though, mainly on Vol 1 (one of my favorites albums), with cooperations in all tracks with several musicians and Vol 2, with half of the collaborations, is not so outstanding, imo, but excellent also.
Of course, there are many great tracks from this double Project but there is one special that gave me lots of full energy & amazing Trance moments, a fantastic solo Gab song which is number 3 from Vol 2.
Play it loud
For curiosity, with those discussions about names & meanings, the track has a german name (that i just noticed a few time ago when i have to mention it in the Forum) which i don't know its meaning since i bought it for about 2 years, and honestly, for all i care.
What I would like to say is that i vibrate a lot with the music included in track 3 and with lots more not knowing what it means, most of the cases.
That's it.

Again, next release from Saafi Records or where Gabriel is involved, if i can, there i am again doing the only possible thing to do as a simple listener/admirer in my position, which is buying his material > blindly

Then, it's possible to like it a lot, more or less or simply don't like.

As it happens with everything...           - BEing mySELF
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Saafi Brothers - Liquid Beach (Saafi Records 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance