Rebolation

Lokti

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 09:25
some ppl dance strange dance called "rebolation" at brazilian parties

there are a couple of links at youtube:

all dancers are in caps - it seems, that a cap is a "must"

looks pretty funny!

does anybody know where this dance came from and what does "rebolation" mean?

psysnoopy

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 09:49

Cool Dance, though girls^ dancing much better

Maybe if you open the same topic in the Brazil Section as well, you can get quicker replies.
Just a suggestion

Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 11:04
I was wondering the same as well. Gotta love Brazil.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 11:10
Humm, I have seen some Brazilians doing this here in festivals in Japan - BUT, according to some Brazilians veterans I know - they consider it tacky. And actually in the last SOS Festival, one girl was asked to stop dancing this way because she was making them ashamed. They called her Michael Raver. Gosh!!!

Peace
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 11:15
I haven't the faintest idea about the meaning of the word "rebolation".. But this kind of moves is the typical german style I've been used to see and dance myself for years now (mid-90's, so nothing new, really) when going out in techno clubs..

So the people in the videos have probably travelled to germany and seen local dancers in action, or some german on travel and dancing like that have inspired the natives !

The elektro "fashion" meddling even in the full-on nowadays can also be an element of explanation for the appeal of this "style"..

I'm with psysnoopy, it's looking better when girls are dancing that way.. And i have to say it must be done with skills haha, or else one can quickly end looking ridiculous.. (which, anybody knows, doesn't kill after all..)

"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 11:18
No idea what it means , btw here in Holland now they are with this jumpstyle:

borat jump style.           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
shamanizer

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 11:19
Quote:

On 2007-10-08 11:10, goa-ganges wrote:
Humm, I have seen some Brazilians doing this here in festivals in Japan - BUT, according to some Brazilians veterans I know - they consider it tacky. And actually in the last SOS Festival, one girl was asked to stop dancing this way because she was making them ashamed. They called her Michael Raver. Gosh!!!

Peace

Thats fucked up and fuck veterans who are shamed because somebody is dancing in funny way (and its a matter of opinion what is funny). Quoting an old phrase: dance like nobody's watching.

Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 11:49
some of the moves remind me of the prodigy dancer's repertoire so it's kinda oldskool quick foot movement from the early 90's.
here's a sample:

i understand if some "veterans" are ashamed of this kind of dancing if
a) you do it only to show off your "skills"
b) there's no room for it and you invade other dancers's space
otherwise i second shamanizer!

"no one ever sweats on a plug-in" -moby
Run Lola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 12:02
Quote:

On 2007-10-08 11:15, KakoOlalaJwal wrote:
I haven't the faintest idea about the meaning of the word "rebolation".. But this kind of moves is the typical german style I've been used to see and dance myself for years now (mid-90's, so nothing new, really) when going out in techno clubs..

So the people in the videos have probably travelled to germany and seen local dancers in action, or some german on travel and dancing like that have inspired the natives !

The elektro "fashion" meddling even in the full-on nowadays can also be an element of explanation for the appeal of this "style"..

I'm with psysnoopy, it's looking better when girls are dancing that way.. And i have to say it must be done with skills haha, or else one can quickly end looking ridiculous.. (which, anybody knows, doesn't kill after all..)

yes i totally agree with Kakoo, this is the german techno old school dance .. hehehe i remember that from the school days when going to techno parties. some people used to really do it well!
the 1st girl girl does it better and looks lighter than the guys. now the guys look really funny!
psysnoopy

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 12:15
Plus do you guys remember the M.C.Hammer video "u can't touch this"?

When I saw the dance, those leg movements from that video were the first thing I remembered (that of course I used to do it as well )

Again, do you remember Michael Jackson Dangerous World tour? that sideway moon-walker is from what he used to do before, not that perfect, but simillar to that.

to continue Outolintu quote:

c) dancing like this, under the influence of psychedelic drugs, is not easy at all (personal opinion )
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 12:26
this dance is not free form it seems practiced and rehearsed and then done....its more like a fast version of break dancing...and yes it is the same style that Michael Jackson does....so in that sense it gets annoying.           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
shamanizer

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 12:46
Yea well, maybe in this case its more like "dancing like everybody's watching", but still, its a personal decision how to dance and if they are not physically bothering anybobody, anybody shouldnt be bothered by them.
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 13:08
Quote:

On 2007-10-08 11:49, Outolintu wrote:
some of the moves remind me of the prodigy dancer's repertoire so it's kinda oldskool quick foot movement from the early 90's.
here's a sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPibfYnB5c
i understand if some "veterans" are ashamed of this kind of dancing if
a) you do it only to show off your "skills"
b) there's no room for it and you invade other dancers's space
otherwise i second shamanizer!

Yea, i thought about it as well Leeroy rules.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
etnarama
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 13:23
Well i dont wanna be the bad guy but the girl is doing SAMBA... and rebola is a word that means when you kinda shake your ass....

Similar moves, more sexy of course....

Visit me
http://www.myspace.com/etnarama
http://www.myspace.com/luxbuna
http://www.myspace.com/outerspacecreations
http://www.visionrecords.co.uk/
coSmiIic r080t0n3
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 13:34
Quote:

On 2007-10-08 11:19, shamanizer wrote:
dance like nobody's watching.

as long as u feel the music wid ur dacne it dosent matter if u look like a retard or a friggin monkey on RollerSkates ....           - - - - - - - -
It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution. We've reached a certain point, but we're not moving any more.
Ken Kesey
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Rebolation

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance