Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Qlap- Mexico EP (Digital Structures, Jun. 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Qlap- Mexico EP (Digital Structures, Jun. 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jul 5, 2002 12:43
Qlap- Mexico EP (Digital Structures, Jun. 2002)
A. Went Mental in Mexico 8:27
B. Techila 7:38

Qlap, the Digital Structures' supergroup are back again with this EP, apparently the outcome of some mutual hectic visit to Mexico. This vinyl shows a change in the style to more clubby and softer directions, without the hard touch of previous Qlap releases.

On the A side Went Mental in Mexico offers just that, tight packed rhythm section, pounding relentlessly, with rising caressing abstract melodic sequences and little breaks all in between. Pure 100 percent floor-work with the almost over-packed kick-bass-percussion combination hitting hard all through the track.
On the B side Techila is a more groovy and easier on the mind track. The groove is irresistible and the little percussion games are a joy (as to be expected from a Son Kite-Ticon cooperation). There's a great bouncy happy feel to it and I think this is a much better track with a lot more mind factor and feel.

Bottom Line: both are floor stormers- A side is club material, B side will do any dancefloor and all the way!
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jul 6, 2002 14:26
killer quality groovy tracks by the masters, qlap !!.
nice deep sounds with great element of kick and drums......really great !!!!           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
AnoNimi

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 6, 2002 15:32
i allready started a thread on this ep but offcourse nobody can compare to shahar`s reviews
any way i sayd it before and i will say it again qlap are the swedish morning gods ! (together and indevidually as son kite and ticon)
both very good tracks and as allways one hell of a production
groovy , melodic (the good kind),hard driving kick , good breaks .
for me its 8.5/10
just love it
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Qlap- Mexico EP (Digital Structures, Jun. 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance