Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Psytrance 145 Bpm
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psytrance 145 Bpm

Bipolar
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Jul 10, 2016 21:20:01
Hi I was wondering what do you think about this track? and master? Thanks a lot! peace!!

https://soundcloud.com/alien-transition/extraterrestrial-experience/s-u0ys4
L66
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 11, 2016 13:50
Very nice! very clean mix and a lot of breathing space. Although i don't like the style, the production is very high. Keep it up!           http://soundcloud.com/multiv3rse
basefree
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jul 11, 2016 17:29
Quote:

On 2016-07-10 21:20:01, Bipolar wrote:
Hi I was wondering what do you think about this track? and master? Thanks a lot! peace!!

Hey! Overall this is a great track--very well produced. I only have a few things to note...

-The kick on it's own is far too clicky for me. At this point it's not really a question of style but rather one of too much high-end. It sounds phenomenally good in the mix but outside of the other sounds playing it's kind of annoying. I'm thinking around 0:30 and again around 3:15--it could actually be because of the lack of that frequency presence in the bassline now that I think about it. Like, that frequency is almost in the bassline around 0:30 but not quite.

-I'd like to see some more creative automation with the main lead around 5:00.

-The small break around 5:42 could use a little bit more umph to it--not too much but just a little. The note you end the break on is a little weak.

-I think the hats could use a bit more bite throughout the whole track. I had to listen to the track again to get this but they don't really harmonize with the snare at all and the snare is what's really driving the percussion. If you were to make the hats a bit more present/aggressive I think that would be the final icing on the cake for the track--specifically the 16ths.

Some additional thoughts...

I think that a rising filter on the note that hits every 1/1 during the first part would be nice to hear.

You could also change the main lead around the 3:00 minute break mark--changing one simple static parameter in the effects section to give that break and the next phrase a bit more emphasis and drive. You'd have to figure out what to do with it later, if anything, but it's a thought as opposed to just returning to the same sound.

The main lead that comes in around 5:32 could benefit from some distortion as well.

Overall the track is great though. Well done but ultimately not medium-rare =P--because of the lack of comp.
Yrtha

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 11, 2016 21:38
i like it...havent heard night fullon in some time, good and energetic...great production
Bipolar
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 15, 2016 14:24
Quote:

On 2016-07-11 13:50, L66 wrote:
Very nice! very clean mix and a lot of breathing space. Although i don't like the style, the production is very high. Keep it up!

Thanks a lot bro
Bipolar
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 15, 2016 14:26
Quote:

On 2016-07-11 17:29, basefree wrote:
Quote:

On 2016-07-10 21:20:01, Bipolar wrote:

Hey! Overall this is a great track--very well produced. I only have a few things to note...

-The kick on it's own is far too clicky for me. At this point it's not really a question of style but rather one of too much high-end. It sounds phenomenally good in the mix but outside of the other sounds playing it's kind of annoying. I'm thinking around 0:30 and again around 3:15--it could actually be because of the lack of that frequency presence in the bassline now that I think about it. Like, that frequency is almost in the bassline around 0:30 but not quite.

-I'd like to see some more creative automation with the main lead around 5:00.

-The small break around 5:42 could use a little bit more umph to it--not too much but just a little. The note you end the break on is a little weak.

-I think the hats could use a bit more bite throughout the whole track. I had to listen to the track again to get this but they don't really harmonize with the snare at all and the snare is what's really driving the percussion. If you were to make the hats a bit more present/aggressive I think that would be the final icing on the cake for the track--specifically the 16ths.

Some additional thoughts...

I think that a rising filter on the note that hits every 1/1 during the first part would be nice to hear.

You could also change the main lead around the 3:00 minute break mark--changing one simple static parameter in the effects section to give that break and the next phrase a bit more emphasis and drive. You'd have to figure out what to do with it later, if anything, but it's a thought as opposed to just returning to the same sound.

The main lead that comes in around 5:32 could benefit from some distortion as well.

Overall the track is great though. Well done but ultimately not medium-rare =P--because of the lack of comp.

Wow man thanks for that review, and for taking up the time, thanks a lot, I will try to fix every point that you mention here, I been having a lot of problems with mi kick and bass lines in this one! thanks for the tips!!
Bipolar
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 15, 2016 14:27
Quote:

On 2016-07-11 21:38, Yrtha wrote:
i like it...havent heard night fullon in some time, good and energetic...great production

Thanks a lot for listening Im glad you like it !
basefree
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jul 15, 2016 18:04
Quote:

Wow man thanks for that review, and for taking up the time, thanks a lot, I will try to fix every point that you mention here, I been having a lot of problems with mi kick and bass lines in this one! thanks for the tips!!

No worries! Let us know how it goes!
Bipolar
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2016 23:27
Quote:

On 2016-07-15 18:04, basefree wrote:
Quote:

No worries! Let us know how it goes!

Sure, thanks again
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Psytrance 145 Bpm

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance