Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psytekk?
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psytekk?

V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : May 7, 2010 02:47
Quote:

On 2010-05-07 02:20, Maine Coon wrote:
Axis Mundi, darkpsy is produced in the US too (as you undoubtedly know ). It does not mean that we should head to the Wikipedia and add the USA to the list of darkpsy's origins.

I guess now, in the age of the Internet and with most producers listening to each other’s music, it’s hard to pinpoint an exact time and place of origin for anything. (Although I am still pretty sure Suomi is Suomi )

Did Astrix invent morning full on?

I'd say GMS... but that is even debatable

For me a good idea of early twisted psychedelic trance is on this compilation http://www.discogs.com/Various-Pulse-5-From-Here-To-Enlightenment-Jubilee-Edition/master/58095
but people will argue with that of course... for me there are many new sounds on it, wish my copy hadn't been nicked form my car in 2008 along with my entire Flying Rhino (cd+vinyl) collection and about 150 old goa cd's

I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : May 7, 2010 10:01
Quote:

On 2010-05-07 02:47, V3NOM wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-07 02:20, Maine Coon wrote:
Axis Mundi, darkpsy is produced in the US too (as you undoubtedly know ). It does not mean that we should head to the Wikipedia and add the USA to the list of darkpsy's origins.

I guess now, in the age of the Internet and with most producers listening to each other’s music, it’s hard to pinpoint an exact time and place of origin for anything. (Although I am still pretty sure Suomi is Suomi )

Did Astrix invent morning full on?

I'd say GMS... but that is even debatable

For me a good idea of early twisted psychedelic trance is on this compilation http://www.discogs.com/Various-Pulse-5-From-Here-To-Enlightenment-Jubilee-Edition/master/58095
but people will argue with that of course... for me there are many new sounds on it, wish my copy hadn't been nicked form my car in 2008 along with my entire Flying Rhino (cd+vinyl) collection and about 150 old goa cd's

V3nom, I can feel your pain about the stolen cds, the same happened to me, I had around 100cds from 1997-2002 and they all got snatched So many classics gone....

Here a couple of techy videos:

The 2005 Opsis album The man and the machine is awesome, people intersted in this style should check it out if they havnt.

Around 2000 artists like the Spirallianz/Delta gang used to call their sound "cinematic trance"
reignthruacid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 7, 2010 10:42
WOW, glad to see a good ol' debate going! thanks for clarifying some things, I wasn't sure if it was just ishkur's labels or the official genre listing?

but i guess psytekk could be a proper name for tech trance in vain of psytrance. hmm, Though i gotta say synthaik has a really cool sound and i've been looking around around for his stuff. can't find it anywhere, the arcturus track sounds sweet!

lol, funny someone mentioned Buttrock goa. haha, heh, I come from playing in a hardcore punk band and play alot of metal on guitar. I even thought about incorporating guitar into my music. don't have proper recording tools for it yet.
JohnTaramas
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 7, 2010 12:46
Kazuku is rox
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : May 7, 2010 12:54
Quote:

On 2010-05-07 00:09, rich wrote:
I don't even know where to start....

Start by finding yourself some Creamcrop VAs from 2000-2002

The real dark psy

Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : May 7, 2010 16:38
We call it techtrance:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/techtrance/
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : May 7, 2010 17:48
i think german Shiva Chandra's stuff used to sound pretty dark sometimes back in the days.

For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : May 7, 2010 18:41
Opsis and Paps on the same page. I love it.
Just what I've been rocking on repeat lately. This is the real deal.

Yeah, for some reason Canada has a lock on techtrance. I'm bummed every time artists come through there and the US is totally oblivious.
diskonekt
Fat Data

Started Topics :  37
Posted : May 7, 2010 19:18
Nice links kazuku and Pavel

The definition of techtrance for me:

and the "real darkpsy"

Aaah good times            Peace, Love, Death metal
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psytekk?
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance