3. Tools Of The Trade
4. Valley Of The Lost Souls
5. Twisted Garden
6. Retribution
7. Over The Hills
8. Spiritual Beggars
9. Soulwax
+ Bonus Video

Psychoz is Zoran Zlatkovski from Germany. His first album back in 2002 was in a completelly different style than his later works almost acidic Psy techno while now he produces darkpsy.
I can imagine what you're thinking. 1) How cliché is the title and 2) another darkpsy album that isn't dark.
Well the title may sound a bit cliché with all this 2012 madness of our days, but all the tracks give a feeling of an upcoming doom that totally justifies it.
About number 2? Well prepared to be surprised cause this album is dark!
Dark pads, haunted atmospheres and some spooky melodic lines. Especially the pads he's using can be very scary. The whole style is unique. No fx madness here or random sounds, everything is in place. Even the basslines are slightly melodic than the usual darkpsy stuff. Like I said all the tracks have a pessimistic feeling, like something bad is coming. The bpm's are normal too, no 170+ madness here. Also the album has a 'ritual', ancient feeling in it unlike the futuristic sound that other darkpsy albums have. The production plays its part in this. It's dirty, noisy and although some high frequencies in some samples might hurt your ears it's perfect for this kind of music. It would definitely lose a lot of points with a crystal clear sound.

Favorite tracks? An Entrance for sure. Dark and almost melodic. Amazing! The downtempo Mistery (which actually sounds a bit old school-ish), Valley Of Lost Souls and Twisted Garden. I actually like all the tracks here and the only thing that don't care is some guitars in Retribution.

If you want something dark and interesting give it a try. It was a huge surpise for me!

8.5/10

Samples:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sam/sam1cd009.html
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7742

ps: I can't open the video file. Anyone knows why? I didn't have any problem with previous Shaman Films releases.
psychoz.com.mk
Psychoz

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 25, 2009 19:19
I dont think you would have problem with the original CD I think this kind of error appear on the
pirat mp3 rar
thx for the review btw           http://myspace.com/psychozmusic
YeTzuR
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  25
Posted : Feb 25, 2009 20:04
i have to say it's A great album..
so frash
this kind of music u dont hear everyday.

night time goa sounds? it got to be it.

respect.
markoo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 3, 2009 20:50
yes very gud release for beggining of this year i can say great suprise amazing release
Ormion
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Mar 5, 2009 01:58
Quote:

On 2009-02-25 19:19, psychoz.com.mk wrote:
I dont think you would have problem with the original CD I think this kind of error appear on the
pirat mp3 rar
thx for the review btw

I have the original cd.
I would never review a pirate copy.
Shaman Films Records
Shaman Films Records

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Mar 20, 2009 08:18
Hello and thanks for your review..
the video is encoded with a DIVX codec try using VLC player and you will be able to see it with no pro!

Egnogra
Shaman Films Media
www.kalmekak.com
www.shamanfilms.net

----------------------------------------
Coming soon!
SHAMFCD012 Apocalyptic Ritual Compiled by Dark Whisper
SHAMFCD013 Engrams The Trilogy ( double cd ) <BR
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psychoz - 2012 No Return

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance