Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psychoactive Scandosounds 2 (Boom! Rec., 2000)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psychoactive Scandosounds 2 (Boom! Rec., 2000)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 25, 2001 11:53:53
Psychoactive Scandosounds 2 (Boom! Rec., 2000)
1. Battle of the Future Buddhas- Noisy Matter 9:32 136bpm
2. L.A.B.- Trippin Trolls 9:17 141bpm
3. Subcouds- Happy Motors Swinging 8:07 142bpm
4. Battle of the Future Buddhas- Adrenachrome 7:21 144bpm
5. Logic Bomb- Melogic 7:52 141bpm
6. Hux Flux- Logarythmic 9:26 144bpm
7. Vibrasphere- Roadtrain (battlemix) 9:40 145bpm
8. Fluffy Puppy- Superclay 9:15 148bpm
9. Twister- Venom 6:51 146bpm

Second Scandosounds from Boom- but more like the old sounds of Scandinavian trance- hard and fast with touches of the melodic in an overall happy atmosphere. Some great tracks here, some not so much, but all and all a fun to listen to compilation.
There’s a heavy Battle of the Future Buddhas presence (2 tracks + a remix), and well... I must say I tried to get the point of BotFB- I just can't. I really tried- I have Twin Sharkfins, I've got their tracks on different comps, I even got one of the two comps they did on their own label and sell only online. Can't get the point. The sound is too hollow, the kick is empty, and everything is just too packed for me. Noise Matter (T1), sure has a lot of noise, with touches of old acid music in the end- never heard a track that sounded so packed on 136bpm. Adrenachrome (T4) on the other hand is a very happy and bouncy track you gotta move to, with a winner Homer Simpson grooving sample- their best track for me so far. The remix they did to Vibrasphere’s Roadtrain (T7, original on PsyKrembo 4), doesn't match the original, and California Sunshine does that kind of music better.
L.A.B.’s (half Vibrasphere) Trippin Trolls (T2) is a great track and the best on this compilation- it makes it worth buying just for this one! Dark, though in an optimistic way, very jumpy and bumpy, with massive bass and creepy-crawlin' sounds, nice percussion work as well, and a great break to 3/4. I love it. Than it’s Subcouds, it’s been a long time since I heard something new from them. It’s nice to be back- the name suites the track, groovy and swinging, with guitar-like motors. Logic Bomb with Melogic (T5) do their thing, and do it well. Great soothing morning tune. I'm waiting for their new album, I heard from a reliable source that their new tracks are something that was never heard before in trance. Then it’s Hux Flux with a full on morning madness Hux Flux style, build-ups and breaks included. I don't like this one too much. Fluffy Puppy is the only non-Swedish artist here, from Denmark. He brings us Superclay (T8 )- weird stuff, very Goa, happy, jumpy and funny. A real nice track, and a deserving one to be made by someone called Fluffy Puppy- a more massive and full kick and a bit of shortening, would make it a really good one. Twister ends the compilation with a happy melodic track, Astral Projection style. Well... Astral do it much better, the track doesn't add anything to the compilation.
Bottom Line: nice one from Boom that still stick around with all the psytrance ups and downs. Get it even if just for L.A.B. alone. Favorites: 2(!), 3, 4, 5, 8.

___danger
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 25, 2001 11:27:17
This is one of my favourite compilations in the last year. Very goaish and wicked, truly made for the dancefloor. I like it very much!
___yohe-i
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 29, 2001 15:03:07
botfb track 4 is killa. worth for even this track.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psychoactive Scandosounds 2 (Boom! Rec., 2000)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance