Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psycho Abstract- Living in a Continuous Dejavu (Neuronal, Jul. 2005)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psycho Abstract- Living in a Continuous Dejavu (Neuronal, Jul. 2005)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Aug 30, 2005 08:47
Psycho Abstract- Living in a Continuous Dejavu (Neuronal, Jul. 2005)
1. A Children's Game 7:55
2. I Dreamed that I Flew 8:01
3. Living in a Continuous Dejavu 7:10
4. The Degraded Sonic Body 9:27
5. Psinject 7:49
6. Scan for Scandinavians 8:20
7. The Same Words 7:08
8. Without Time 8:28
9. Strict Patterns 7:24

It's been a while since you've read a trance review from me and there are two reasons for that- one is that I'm very busy and the other is that it's been a while since a trance CD moved me enough to make me want to review it. About a month ago I got another trance CD of the many I get- the cover definitely caught my eye- which also doesn't happen much. The artist name didn't give me much hope starting with 'psycho', but the great album name made me put it in and press play- and it played till the end, and then again- and since then I've been taking it around with me to friends and we've been having some really good sessions with it- This is the CD and it's just an excellent trance album from an unexpected direction.

Psycho Abstract is Raul Jordan of Spain, and this is apparently his second album, though I've never heard of the guy before. Living in a Continuous Dejavu offers psychedelic dust raising trance music, strong atmospheres, grabby grooves, time-altering story lines, and diverse moods and sounds and with no fear of good melodic moves that come in good taste. The whole album is just fun to listen to and keeps taking you places- all tracks are good, though the last three kinda loose it a bit. Outstanding chapters in the journey would be: I dreamed that I Flew (T2) with its dark sucking psychedelic atmosphere and hard digging groove that takes you higher and higher- what a flight indeed!; Psinjec (T5) that flirts with old skool full on Chakra style, and the outcome is a monster anthem that gets me dancing around in the room again and again; and also Living in a Continuous Dejavu (T3) with it's non-stop-stupid-smile-on-my-face feel and The Degraded Sonic Body (T4) with its no nonsense penetrating power approach. All the rest are nice as well.

Bottom line: An excellent surprise with some real monsters and an overall good journey for the mind and body. Is there anything revolutionary here? No. Just a fucking good psytrance album- something very rare these days. Totally worth the money!

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

unno
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 14, 2005 13:55
I must say I have been honoured to have this man come to play at a party we had, four years ago! and he totally rocked...
He has a unique dj style, in which he combines djing with some synth action on the side...!
Lovely stuff indeed.           Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Sep 16, 2005 16:49
first time ive seen shahar use the word fucking, must be good.

A
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Sep 18, 2005 00:27
Quote:

On 2005-09-16 16:49, A.Rosengren wrote:
first time ive seen shahar use the word fucking, must be good.

A

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/58400/forum/9/start/15

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Sep 18, 2005 09:23
ver nice .
god innovative sounds . like shahar said something very rare these days ..
hope to hear more of psycho-abstract in the future .
recomended for all morning enthusiasists

the feel of te whole album is just amazing           out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 22, 2005 16:59
What... An... Album!!!

This album has great tracks such has "The Degraded Sonic Body" witch the bass reminds me of Program Files from Sub6, great build up, perfect track!!!

I like 5 and 8 too.

Very recommended album.

RaulJordan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 19:01
Hi people!

Thanks a lot for this response!

Of course, for sure that you will listen more tracks from Psycho Abstract.
This good feedback is all that I need to continue creating new music.

Greetings

Raśl.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psycho Abstract- Living in a Continuous Dejavu (Neuronal, Jul. 2005)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance