Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Pragmatix - Time Crystal E.P. (Desert Trax) 4/2011
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Pragmatix - Time Crystal E.P. (Desert Trax) 4/2011

kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jun 7, 2011 13:14:23
Artist: Pragmatix
Album: Time Crystal E.P.
Label: Desert Trax
D.O.R: 04/2011

https://www.beatport.com/de-DE/html/content/home/detail/1/beatport#app=5663&a486-index=3

1. Pragmatix – War Machine (142 BPM)
2. Heterogenesis – Inside Mirror (143 BPM)

http://www.myspace.com/pragmatixmusic
http://www.pragmatix.com.ar/index.php?page=about

Sometimes music works in mysterious ways, seemingly evading you, hiding from your ears, only to suddenly reveal itself and suprise you. This was the case for me with Pragmatix, an Argentinian project that has existed since several years, with several tracks released on Dark Prisma Records and other labels. As his first demo was released over 6 years ago, I was a little dissapointed with myself for not discovering this gem earlier. After stumbeling upon „War Machine“ my ignorance of Jorge Uema´s work was instantly transmuted to curioisty and excitement for this fresh and epic sound, and i spent much time listening into his past releases, such as this E.P. on Antu records.(see below). I could slap myself for not paying attention earlier. (Well, maybe not slap myself, but you get the point )

https://www.beatport.com/de-DE/html/content/home/detail/1/beatport#app=5663&a486-index=5

Anyhow, lets focus on this release and the track „War Machine“. Perhaps some of you are as slow as me, and have not heard any Pragmatix tracks up to this point. In this case „War Machine“ serves as an excellent introduction to his sound, as I find it to be one of his strongest tracks I have heard and very representative of his style – a good place to start if you wish to explore the sound of this artist, along with the Entelequia E.P. I mentioned.

Our impressions are always guided by our imagination and preconceptions, and even if they may be false, they stick in your mind. For me, this sound smells of high Andes air from the very first moment – fresh, clean and pure. You see what I mean? I know Jorge is from Buenos Aires, but whatever, leave my imagination to me The „War Machine „ in this track is the memorable soaring and winding melody that relentlessly flies through the track in different manifestations in a twilightish kind-of manner, accompanied by a very bright spectrum of textures and atmospheres, from brooding choir elements to uplifting vibes and stabs. A love for the mystery and spirit contained in Goa melodies subtely shines through, especially if you also listen into his other releases, which regularly errupt into impressive and nostalgia inspiring melodies around their climax. This is also refelcted in the close collaboration with fellow Argentinian artists Cosmos Vibration ( http://www.myspace.com/cosmosvibrationlive ) whos stlye also displays dedication to these psychedlic melodies. The style seems very fresh to me as it packages these epic melodies in a framework that remains driving and dancefloor orientated – the track is very, very difficult to dislike no matter what style of psy you prefer imho.
If you want a comparison to another artist, I would say in terms of spirit and dedication to melodies and drive, Pragmatix could be likend to Braincell a little bit. Anyhow, this track (and the style as a whole) is very unique and highly reommended, would love to hear it at the break of dawn (on some mountain in the Andes, breathing that crisp air...yes..yes..my imagination is triggering again).

The second track on this E.P. Is Heterogenesis – Inside mirror. Heterogenesis is Jorge´s other project, alongside Alejo aka Cosmos Vibration. The sound remains very melodic and offers a wild ride of different emotions and themes, building contrasts, the organic and the machine world clash in a paradox but comfortable manner, melting into a ride full of suprises. Atmosphere wise we dont know what to expect for a while as we sit in ambiguous grey zone – until we realize our journey is clearly one from darkness into the light, as the sun rises in full burst around half way point, as the trademark mysterious, yearning melodies are joined by uplifting morning elements that point the way to dawn. This is definetly the mysterious and wild side of the early morning and again hits a very sweet spot between drive and mystic melodies we can really sonically bath ourselves in.
Old school vibes in a unique and extremely hi-tech costume, and extremly psychedelic to my ears.

I highly recommend this E.P.! If you know these artists already you should be delighted by these 2 new and strong tracks which keep the epic melodic style alive and represent the talent of these artists very well. If not – this should give you a great starting point to further explore their music.
For my part, I am looking forward to Pragmatix debut album, which should be due for release soon, and will be keeping upto date with this twisted Argentinian. Argentina (like South America as a whole) seems to be churning out the most talented artists these days, and Jorge could well be the Lionel Messi of Argentinian Psy. Question is, who will „transfer him“ to some European clubs..eh festivals for us? hehehehe

filter

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Jun 7, 2011 23:42
full support for pragmatix music

he needs to come to europe soon! in my ears one of the only few psychedelic acts that direct their forces to light and morning           Psychedelic Trance from Argentina
www.darkprisma.com.ar
www.megalopsy.com.ar
www.psytrance.com.ar

Megalopsy Travel Blog
http://megalopsy.blogspot.com
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jun 9, 2011 11:46
This is a really great track. All the best.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jun 9, 2011 13:47
Awesome tracks. Need a new Album by Heterogenesis and Pragmatix.
Cream of South American Full on.

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Pragmatix - Time Crystal E.P. (Desert Trax) 4/2011

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance