Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Pleiadians : IFO 1997
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Pleiadians : IFO 1997

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 1, 2006 22:24
no review on this forum of this amazing album according the search so why not post it
good for the database imo

I believe this album although it's old it's still being played through many speakers these days

Pleiadians : IFO
Dragonfly

http://www.discogs.com/release/143500

11'18" Maia
08'42" Taygeta
09'20" Merope
08'26" Alcyone
09'14" Electra
11'39" Asterope
11'46" Celaeno

Release Date : 1997

this land-mark in historie of goatrance is respected by a lot of people.. despite the fact that this album is released in 1997 and on this moment still one of the most talked albums in the old skool scene… Up till now is there in my humble opinion still nobody passed to equallise this album… This is unique, one of a kind… No other artist can be quote as reference to be clear of ‘how good this album’ is…many people put a link to the new artist filteria who has released his début album sky input in 2004

Pleiadians is a pure definition of goatrance… All what goatrance must or should contain is present here… this is a pure trip, a journey through the eternal fields of goa and a consciousness of power and pureniss of goatrance… Every song describing individual, would be a misstep because Pleiadians IFO is one whole… one big number that continuous, surprised and humble your goamindes flatterd…
IFO is melodic from the beginning untill the end… Pleiadians use a lot of diferent ranks and keeps your train of thoughts busy from the first untill the last seconds… All numbers are strong, each has his own favorites but that is than the difference between fantastic and good… waithing up a climax is not present because IFO is one big climax… This is a continuous wave of psychedelic in and out or with an extra wave…there are not much real superclimaxes, with superclimaxes a mean waves that are really strong and in comparis with there predecessors… Maybe 4 or 5 over the whole cd… This can not be different because in my humble opinion the climaxes all begins from the first second…
Via IFO has Pleiadians clearly the capacity to achieve the concept of ‘goa with a story’ …
The sounds are talking and waves humbles up and down… The choice of the goasounds is pure there style and full… Not only they have atention for the waves but they also gives the finishing touch for the little psychedelics… This is not pure kicking but a subtle transfer… Typical are the little psychedelic birds that are flying from left to right in your speakes…
The sphere through the cd is pure morning tinting… this is goatrance when the sun is shining up your head and the sweat is driping of your body owing the dancing… despite the fact that this is melodic morning trance, you never have the feeling that IFO is going to far or going over it… Subtle is there big indentifying mark… Pleiadians is balances here just over the border of excess and so they keep the need to create more continuous… This is a never ending story…
In comparison with a lot of other goa artists in the year 1997 spends Pleiadians here also a lot of atention on the bassline… The bassline taps hard and is full located in the period of 1997…
This create together a whole of pure enjoyment…
Over this album i should be able to keep on writing but Pleiadians-IFO you just must have heard to understand what i’m writing…
An absolute must for goatrance lovers and even for people who listens to other styles i should say that you must listen once to this album…
Characteristic on a lot of goatrance en certain Pleiadians – IFO is that it must grow… The first time i’ve listen to this album i didn’t think it was so special, but after a few times you will discover the unique, the power and genius things of the album and you will never let it go…

Peace and sorry for the not perfect english
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 2, 2006 06:58
Good review of a great album. I really enjoyed this album for a long long time, and occasionally still need a dose of some pleadians.

As u said, its 'goa with a story' and this is some hard hitting, crazy acidic story.

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 2, 2006 11:05
I love Alcyone, that is their best track. Overall though I think I still prefer the 'Family of Light' album, which was a little more diverse than this. Still, this stands as an alltime classic together with such great albums as: Quirk - Machina Electrika & Fornax Chemica, or Transwave - Phototropic etc. etc.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 2, 2006 12:30
Quote:

On 2006-05-02 11:05, Acidhive wrote:
I love Alcyone, that is their best track. Overall though I think I still prefer the 'Family of Light' album, which was a little more diverse than this. Still, this stands as an alltime classic together with such great albums as: Quirk - Machina Electrika & Fornax Chemica, or Transwave - Phototropic etc. etc.

I agree totally with the albums you mention as also true classic,
good taste , well my taste also I mean
my taste is I prefer IFO as album but the best song pleadieans ever created imo is 'headspin' which is indeed released on family of light...

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Harmonia records
Harmonia Records

Started Topics :  45
Posted : May 22, 2006 22:25
Great news for all you faithfull trancers!
PLEIADIANS ARE BACK

SEVEN SISTERS is the new anticipated PLEIADIANS album. It will be coming out during 2006 and will be released by Harmonia Records. Still keeping up with their old school style, yet developed and combined in such way that will surely take you into a surprising journey….

Stay tuned!

New website coming soon
www.harmonia-records.com
info@harmonia-records.com
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 22, 2006 23:35
Great news Mr./Miss Harmonia records!
But i really hope the Italian duo brought the Pleiadians music onto the next level....
otherwise...is better to stay with the memory of the magnificent IFO....

Kind Regards
Tms
pfc

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 23, 2006 16:32
great news Harmonia rec. About IFO there is no words to describe it...simply it has turn my life in new direction.
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : May 25, 2006 04:53
I.F.O i still can find nowadays something related to this kind of music. only some releases of suntrip records like V/A apsara or khetzal-corolle makes me travel. and think how beautifull trance can be           dont worry be hippie
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 26, 2006 04:42
Great album! Takes me back to the time when trance was secret, magical and inspiring.

Back in the day I bought this at Tower Records in Tokyo, put on some headphones and then understood why people believed in extra-terrestrials.

Beautiful music - production sounds dated now.

I too hope the new PLEIADIANS raises the bar. I generally have pretty good faith in the creativity of Etnica-related projects.
FullCrash(Gadi)
FullCrash

Started Topics :  17
Posted : May 27, 2006 01:51
Maia Is The Best Goa Track For Me..Amazing One !!!!!!
intrees
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : May 27, 2006 02:33
An amazing album. Love the pure energy and atmosphere of these tracks, this is real trance inducing music. I think they went further with the 'Family Of Light' album, I've got so many great memories of parties around that time.

Great news about a new album, I'm sure it will be a corker!
           - - It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice... - -

www.revolvemagazine.co.uk
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 27, 2006 10:58
Best goa album ever period!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Pleiadians : IFO 1997

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance