Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Phutureprimitive - Subconcious (Waveform recs. 2004)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Phutureprimitive - Subconcious (Waveform recs. 2004)

dawn21682
Depths of Despair

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 1, 2004 02:23
Phutureprimitive - Subconcious
(Waveform records, 2004)

1. Rites of Passage
2. Darkness
3. Elysium
4. Ritual
5. Spanish Fly (Flamenco Dub Pt.1)
6. Hyper-Sence
7. Drifting
8. Submerge
9. Dissolve

after touring europe with bluetech and shakatura this summer, the debut album by Phutureprimitive is finally out on waveform records, whos last release i own was prima materia by bluetech, which sets a very high standard. these three projects really showcase the vibe comin from the US lately ,
which is setting some amazing standards in electronic music.

anyway,to the album-
the opener "rites of passage" clocks in at nearly 11:30 minutes. but not one dull moment i assure you. it builds up slowly and evolves very patiently, but also very beutifully. sort of a spacey psychadelic-dub vibe, with a definite tribal edge to it.nice use of strings in this track also.

i will not do a track by track review, but some tracks really shine on this album. the 2nd track is incredible.the style remains kinda dark-spacey dub and we are treated to some lovely female vocals.very mooving track ,and a very strong psytrance influence here.

track 5 kinda stands out in the liner notes.and when you listen you understand why.
im liking this one more with every listen. some great percussion and strings, and a brilliant fusion of dub and flamenco-influences.some very nice guitar parts and a brilliant shift of time signatures.theres a lot to hear in this track so listen carefully.im still discovering new things with every listen.

overall, this album has really impressed me.
Phutureprimitive definetly have a style of theire own. i really dig the intelligent percussion which adds that tribal edge,and the constant changing grooves. heavy shpongle influence is felt throughout the album , sometimes feels like a step forward from "tales of the inexpressible"

tracks evolve slowly and theres definetly enough depth (no pun intended) to keep you interested for a long time. the overall mood remains pretty dark and brooding, but also very positive.
production is also great, although i think the mastering might be a bit lacking on the low end, or at least thats how it seemed on a very loud P.A.
so to sum it up a truely great debut from
Phutureprimitive, shows a lot of skill and a lot of innovation.deeper and probably a lot more intelligent then most chillout stuff out there.
highly recommended!

Album can be purchased on the Waveform site

http://www.waveformhq.com/sub.html

Audio samples :

http://www.phutureprimitive.com/
Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Nov 1, 2004 17:58
sounds like something tasty from ur words...... especially after the tasty Bluetech.

Are they aranging distribution in Europe ? It's only for the best.           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Nov 1, 2004 18:52
i was going to write a review of this album, but found it hard cause every time i put it on, i got all sent off on a mystical ride through my mind. its very well produced, detailed, and flowing. i found it hard to start writing, its very deep and heady. it has influences from other psy-dub and psy acts, but also holds its own space and style. strong and powerful, yet humble.
overall a great release from this prolific pacific producer. lots more to come from this studio im sure.

waveform has never had european distribution afaik...

www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
intrees
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Nov 3, 2004 22:47

I think this is easily the candidate for my fave CD of 2004, ~Rain's psychedelic production skills shine through on this pure gem of a journey. This is the kind of music you dream of hearing; trully incredible chilled psychedlia, the sort of CD you always play all the way through - beacuse every single track demands your imaginations' attention, sending you into a relaxed state of awareness..

If you look at www.phutureprimitive.com you can listen to some of his psy trance stuff which also sounds amazing. Good luck ~Rain with this release, this really deserves some serious attention.
dawn21682
Depths of Despair

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 9, 2004 04:16
Quote:

On 2004-11-01 18:52, bluespectralmonkey wrote:

im pretty sure you can get it from them anyway, and if not try emailing phuture primitive , im sure theyll have some copies of this gem lyin around
intrees
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Nov 9, 2004 19:26
Quote:

On 2004-11-01 18:52, bluespectralmonkey wrote:

You can get this great CD from www.amazon.co.uk if you are in Europe...
CLAW
CLAW

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Apr 30, 2005 15:31
shit, just got this cd!!

amazing! One of the best albums I heard...
well produced, got some vibes and different touches from lots of styles in it.

It drives, it has nice deep movements, some d&b attacks with the use of the percussions, lots of trip-hop elements and some cool soundscapes yet not getting out of control, but having full impact in your mind

Good one
          • Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 22:19
This is in my top three best chillout album =)
Just waiting for a new release soon..
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Sep 13, 2005 17:23
9.5 / 10

Absolute KILLER album, not to be missed. Massive, spine-tingling tribal psychedelic dub!
mattman

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 13, 2005 17:56
Yeah, It's very nice. Hope we'll se more of them in the future.           Goa Goa-trance & Psytrance parties in Oslo, Norway:

http://www.facebook.com/RotorUnderholdning
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Phutureprimitive - Subconcious (Waveform recs. 2004)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance