Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Scandinavia - PhasePhour released an album in 2008, and they went Progressive!
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

PhasePhour released an album in 2008, and they went Progressive!

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 2, 2009 01:34:35
Why was I not informed about this?? I didn't know they still made music, and especially not this kind of music. Not a word have I heard about it, not an image of the cover I have seen, not a note of their new music I have heard. What about you, know about this stuff?

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1344287

Beautiful artwork!!
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Mar 2, 2009 13:59
Norweigan guys if i remember correctly?

They used to make some intresting music back in 2003-5. But they were already kind of proggressive influtential at that time i believe.

A
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 3, 2009 14:28
Heia Norge! I think PhasePhour has made some (sort of) mediocre music, it never really stood out, but thats OK, je! Still very good and quality based directions in their sound. I got the ...Boiing & Zipp album, and it's an honor to have it in my collection

Jupp, in sorts you are right. Psychedelic full-on, psychedelic progressive trance. It's all PSYTRANCE when you boiled down to it anyway

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Posted : Mar 3, 2009 16:41
Indeed, but if you consider the amount of norweigan artists in comparisment to lets say swedens arsenal. What i mean is that its easier as a producer to evolve when beeing surrounded by likeminded.

Phasephour was perhaps the only norweigan psytrance artist i could mention back in 2003.

And they werent halfbad i must say!

A
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 3, 2009 18:29
Jeah, I always admired the good forest friendship and collaboration of the Oerebro people (Ie.). Not only did they make absolutely mind blowing scando-trance, they also had a lot of admiration throughout the world. The Norwegian psy-trance scene, before the massive explosion of vikingpsy projects in recent years, back then in 2003 the only projects known 'out there' which I knew of where 'Ra', 'Trold' and the thread subject, 'PhasePhour' - Three different groups, three different directions in style. So while Sweden had about a thousand projects, Norway had but a handful acts that had some sort of recognition. – Today things are changing, to some direction .. as dunkadunk is again (Euro-trance used to be BIG in Norway) reclaiming a popularity.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 6, 2009 16:49
Question:

Who is the singer on the title track, PhasePhour - Fun From Far Away? It sounds like Maynard James Keenan from Tool or smth.
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 7, 2009 10:39
The initial question i find most interesting "Why was I not informed about this??".
Not, to trash-talk anyone, but maybe the label who released it did nothing/very little to promote their effort. "Some" labels release more than they can promote, i think this is the case.
I bet, had it been illuminated better, those guys could easily have had some bookings in Scandinavia lately, they belong to our heritage (even i remember them ) and with progressive gaining territory again, it seems logic.

www.parvati-records.com
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Posted : Mar 7, 2009 14:18
I believe they had their own label? I am not sure.

A
Zoolog
Zoolog

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Mar 7, 2009 16:17
Quote:

On 2009-03-07 14:18, A.Rosengren wrote:
I believe they had their own label? I am not sure.

A

Titel: PhasePhour - Fun From Far Away
Label: Geomagnetic.TV, Morning Star
Catalog#: GEOCD028
          www.parvati-records.com
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Posted : Mar 7, 2009 22:55
I was talking about before the album released in 2008. Im not sure about the name but something with the word "free" in it. My memory is failing.

A
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Posted : Mar 7, 2009 22:57
Freetransform

www.freetransform.no

A
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 8, 2009 03:00
Quote:

On 2009-03-07 22:57, A.Rosengren wrote:
http://www.freetransform.no

Shiit man, that some impressive style-clean studio(s) they got there!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Scandinavia - PhasePhour released an album in 2008, and they went Progressive!

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance