Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Perfect Stranger - Learning = Change (Iboga Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Perfect Stranger - Learning = Change (Iboga Records 2006) CD

Osher (Ananda Shake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 00:46
Its one of the best Albums i hear perfect job Evrthing in the place like What the mind is asking u GeT ...           New Album Coming Soon Ananda Shake - Inside The Sound.
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 02:00
Quote:

On 2006-06-07 00:02, Morax wrote:
After 4 solo albums under his BLT project- Alchemic Anecdote, Presence, God is Love, and Anything U Want (together with Danni Makov)- some EP's, lots of releases, and at least 6-7 years of experience in making electronic music,ý
Yuli Fershtat delivers us his Fifth album - Learning = Change - fresh European progressive music that fits perfectly both for home listening and as dancefloor material.ý

As for the music, Learning = Change contains 9 Unreleased tracks, of them two collaborations and two remixes:ý

ý1. Starter
ý2. Dr. Feelgood
ý3. Morning Blues
ý4. Those Days
ý5. Hyperdrive
ý6. Truth
ý7. Nobody's Perfect (remix)ý
ý8. Desert Session
ý-ý
ý9. Radio Schatsi (Perfect Stranger remix)ý

ý'Truth' was written together with Mikael Dahlgaard aka Emok.ý
ý'Desert Session' was written together with Wouter Thomassen aka Zen Mechanics.ý
ý'Nobody's Perfect' original version was released on the Set/4 compilation on Iboga records, and it was remixed especially for this album.ý
ý'Desert Session' was written by Yoni Oshrat aka Ace Ventura under his side project Schatsi, and was remixed by Yuli.ý

The album is very diverse; you can listen to it in any kind of mood, and it keeps drawing you in deeper and deeper. Some tracks are gentler, with warm atmospheres and harmonies, some are more sophisticated and progressive, and some are more kicking and pumping.ý

Moreover, it's not hard to distinguish the top-notch sound and the extremely interesting story telling on all of the tracks on this CD, which really point out Yuli's skills as a writer and as a producer.ý

All in all, this is one of the best progressive albums from Iboga. All of the tracks are really good, a must have for every proggy fan around the globe.ý
Highly Recommended!!!ý

Personal favs: 1!,3!,5!!,6!!,7,8!ý

Great review Mishki....Beware,Pr0fane and DP,there's a new guy in town hehe

anyways not much to add but i will say this =

i have the album for quite a while,but only recently have i given it a proper listen,from begining till end.
And i gotta say,its been a long while since ive heard such a "complete" album.
The transitions between the tracks are so perfect,it looks as if the stranger has given it a thought will making the tunes themselves,way before editing the whole thing.
The tunes just compliment each other so smoothly,it just adds so much to the complete package.
Well done.

Another thumbs up must be given to the graphic design(created by Spiral trax's own Bakke).I was abit rejected by the angelic statue at first,but by now it grew on me,and the rest of the design is just great,from the new PS logo till the fonts and general styling and layouts.

oh yeah,
and the music is great too....
super mature and european-flavoured progressive trance,quite a rare thing in israel
psypilot77

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 11, 2006 22:29
Very nice album really enjoyed it from the beginning to the end, big emotion inside with those very simple delayed melodies, like it a lot!
One of the best Iboga releases so far!
Goddess of Chaos

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 12, 2006 12:46
Quote:

On 2006-06-11 22:29, psypilot77 wrote:
Very nice album really enjoyed it from the beginning to the end, big emotion inside with those very simple delayed melodies, like it a lot!

Totally agree-- really enjoyed the album in the first hearing even! Excellent work           "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace"
Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 14:44
a great album yuli
realy love it and great sound work too
i like all the tracks in here

keep on the groove

asher www.dance-n-dust.com           out now:
Aumrec – Before The Beginning ,EP
V/a Beat Wins , Compiled by DJ Asherun
Embargaa - Slova . EP
www.myspace.com/dancendustrecords
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 07:39
Perfect Stranger- Learning=Change (Iboga, Mar. 2006)
1. Starter 8:28
2. Dr. Feelgood 8:31
3. Morning Blues 8:03
4. Those Days 9:08
5. Hyperdrive 8:21
6. Truth 8:39 (with Emok)
7. Nobody's Perfect remix 9:00
8. Desert Session 10:39 (with Zen Mechanics)
9. Schatsi- Radio Schatsi (Perfect Stranger remix) 6:50

A couple of years ago Yuli Fersthat decided to kill BLT after 4 albums and uncounted EPs & compilation releases, and turned into a Perfect Stranger. This is the first album after this change. A change that came out of learning apparently. Like all of Yuli's albums, BLT or not, Learning=Change is best appreciated after many many times listening to it. Only after the tracks have already burnt their channels in your neurons, when you know them without knowing them, the little things that make them so great start to pop up. In that aspect, this is real trance music, it is seemingly hypnotic, monotone and simple, yet there's so much in it once you stop listening. Zen.

Starter is just what it claims to be- an excellent introduction and a good hint for things to come. Yuli manages to capture here what is for me the favorite moment in the party. The moment when light comes in, no sun yet, and it's still hazy. Pre-dawn in a beautiful nature. The moment when you first see that you're surrounded by beautiful people dancing together, all looking in each other's eyes and smiling with the knowledge that night is over, that we passed it together and the sun is coming soon. A moment of bliss, joy and optimism, yet with a melancholic streak through it, because I already know that these moments in life are not that common. Melancholy of knowledge, but never sadness or pessimism. This is present in a way in the whole album, as is the power of emotion, the real strength in trance parties for me. Most obvious examples are Truth, Those Days & Hyperdrive.
Yuli also manages to capture a lot of what I can only refer to as old-school-trance-spirit and cloth it in a totally modern and new outfit. Standing out in this aspect are of course Those Days and the Radio Schatsi remix and also Morning Blues, in a very different way. As always the album also features unnaturally grabby grooves and ass shakin moves- best examples being Nobody's Perfect remix and Dr. Feelgood. We also get a real party stormer that fit its name exactly - Desert Session, together with Zen Mechanics, and a glance back to the 80's with the great remix to Radio Schatsi.
As expected you enjoy here massssive sound and production that infiltrates the space around you, regardless of where you are.

Bottom Line: There is something very reassuring for me in the fact that Yuli still makes trance music. For me, together with few others he is in many ways the spirit of trance as I love it and vision it. I hope he stays around a long time. This album is a must- a true joy and a chance to learn and change, as well. And remember- take your time- good things come to those who wait! Current favorites: 1, 4(!), 5(!), 6(!!) 8(!!), 9. But I really like it all.
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 15:20
Great review,Shahar the wise one.

i would say u need to write more of 'em,
but its actually quite nice to bump into one of these once in a long while.

Lurking mode approved
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 19:19
Quote:

On 2006-07-04 15:20, Mr.Hanky wrote:
Great review,Shahar the wise one.

i would say u need to write more of 'em,

totally agreed.
shahar's reviews revealed to me some of my best music

this is definitly an excelent review. shahar, you managed to say some things i feel better then me!

this cd is so beautiful, everytime I have different favorite tracks they cange all the time. now hyperdrive is my favorite and in the beginning it was the track i liked less.

i wish i can get to dance to perfect stranger live exactly in the time shahar state- just before sunrise!
woutski
Zen Mechanics

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 21:00
Awesome review Shahar. U really managed to capture the essence of this album in words.
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jul 5, 2006 04:04
Awesome review Shahar.... the cd just grows and grows on me. BIG UP TO YULI!           http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
huga_generation
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Jul 8, 2006 00:59
got this album yesterday
i think it's one of the best albums that came out in the last years from israeli trance scene.
most have been writen here already so i'll sum it up by saying i really enjoyed the deep sound involved with a tribal psychedelic feeling all over...
very high quality and amazing production and sound.
so big thumbs up yuli!
cheers.           Bottom Line Presents
The new minimal techno haifa line
saturday night. The 14/03/09
With: EMOTIVE (SPINTWIST)> ZOMBI(PLUSQUAM) Vs EVEGENY (BEEF REC)> LOUD (DRIVE REC,techno set)
The Dream Temple
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 8, 2006 01:48
Yep couldnt agree more a most excellent album.

dude Yuli...
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 15:54
Still excellent release that only grows on me as time passes.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 16:39
hmmmm, i never listened to this album, as it came out during my "i hate progressive trance and goa trance and everything related to it plus I am working 60 hours a week" - phase.

Now I like trance again, I think I might have to check it out. All these reviews sound rather enthusiastic and suggest i should like it.           Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 17:16
Nice to see that topic again, one and a half years later.

As one that made this CD I must say tho, it feels to me that it's a bit "green" and many ideas are not executed in the right way or the right timing, which could make some tunes here much better.

But I have learned alot from this one,

Thanks again for the reviews           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Perfect Stranger - Learning = Change (Iboga Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance