Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Parasense - Avangard - 2003 (Acidance Records)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Parasense - Avangard - 2003 (Acidance Records)

scizoeffective

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 7, 2003 17:49
i cant understand the why all this story for the title. the title needs more attention than the content of this release???
enjoy the music and nothing else....
way to go acidsense!!
Dee-Lay
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Feb 7, 2003 21:30
Scizoeffective, man....

I said that's just a little correction
arrya
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Feb 8, 2003 00:52
oh madness .. im sure they are going to play some of these tracks at their set in new york .. it s going to be insaaane           paagal power ..
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 8, 2003 03:52
slightly but it should actually be "avant-garde" if you want to use the french in the english so to speak.. in the forefront i should say anyway, looking forward to hearing new parasense material           >>love will tear us apart...<<
maygun604
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 8, 2003 10:02
yes yes yes! a killer psychedelic album for sure! but what no one else has mentioned is the cover/cd artwork. super crazy cute puppet characters!! very refreshing and unique. great job all around; heart parasense! and come to SF soon
GoA_bAbA

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Feb 19, 2003 04:26
Announcing the new and improved Parasense masala, prepared with the
patented Avangard technology. Ready-to-cook all-inclusive psychedelic
party kit. Just add lysergic acid.

Wow, what can I say about this one. Parasense is back with a bang, and my ears are still ringing. Serious psychedelic stuff, this. Gidra starts off on a "milder" note, warming up with a steady 4x4, spiked with a considerable amount of twists and turns nonetheless. Speech Work darkens the brew a little, with a relentless bassline all the way, finally giving way to some extended samples which may be slightly corny to some, but will surely bring smiles to an international crowd rocking the dancefloors at many a trance festival this summer. Next on is the star of the show, Stop The Sickness, which makes its intentions clear from the word go with some serious knob-twisting and tweaking, and a bassline heavy enough to knock off a few feathers from Skazi's hat. The breakdown midway through the track is simple, and a little too effective when on certain substances, I remember hearing this track in Goa at the New Year's party at Hilltop, at about noon, and almost screamed at the DJ to stop (the sickness?), it was so intense. Next up is Mail Delivered, which gives a much needed 53 seconds of ambient respite, after which it's back to square one, riding on the beats and squeaks and plinks. Ritual Of Drugs is a highly lysergic romp through black-lit tunnels and dark deep forests, leaving you with a considerably muted sense of direction at the end of it all, I recommend a sitter for this one. Meteor Shield and Tarakashi are a little disappointing compared to the other tracks, but hey, disappointing in this case is an 8/10; expect generous helpings of mind-twisting psychedelia to keep you on your feet anyway. Big Rave With No Name is as strange as it's name, with a very fat bass not very typical of Parasense; highly entertaining nonetheless, once you get over the numbness in your head. Skriamer is another beauty, a little experimental (there's three different basslines in the track), but a nice culmination of this giant roller coaster space ride of an album.

The wait has been well worth it. A phenomenal duo doing what they do
best…..causing serious brain damage. A must-buy for DJs and full-on
freaks.
Parasense is spelled p-s-y-c-h-e-d-e-l-i-c.
Rating: 5/5
          "We have guided missiles and misguided men."
- Martin Luther King Jr
Psy2k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Apr 10, 2003 23:36
Dark full on trance (as expected) from parasense. Killer on the dancefloor. My favs here are: 1, 7. Nice release for those who love dark sound           In This World Have Your Own Bpm...
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Apr 12, 2003 19:33
Parasense + Album names = not good

Just as their last album, I always thought it had no name at all, but now on acidance records site I see its called 'Apple'?!

WHY ISN'T THE ALBUM NAME ON THE COVERS?

But so, its "Avangard". I find it very irritating they didn't spell it correctly...

Anyway it's great music! I must say I really like the bassline and tempo of Stop the Sickness... more tracks like this yeah          Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
arrya
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Apr 13, 2003 08:13
oh shit .. im listening to gidra right now and am going crazy - can't wait to see what the rest of the album is going to be like - just back from a son kite party here in new york - this is the perfect ending !!!
          paagal power ..
Asuhra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 21:16
Good Album but I cannot hear it many times,gets boring after a while,I kinda compare it to Earthling - Patterns..The first times I hear it's outstanding but it's one of those Albums that will sound old news in a couple of months. I'l give it a 5/10.           Opus Iridium
MULTI - MAN

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 22, 2003 08:36
Quote:

On 2003-02-19 04:26, GoA_bAbA wrote:
Skriamer is another beauty, a little experimental (there's three different basslines in the track), but a nice culmination of this giant roller coaster space ride of an album.

so there is only 1 track like this o n there? Damn. I really like changes.. otherwise hard gets boring. "Mole" is my fave PS - like this?
Robert
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Nov 21, 2004 15:34
Parasense is one of the best acts on the scene and this album proves that.
Killer cd!!!!

10/10

PLUR
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Nov 21, 2004 23:32
well than its an avangard way of spelling avantgarde. . .postmodernism to the rescue....whooo that was close.           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 22:49
to the ones who bought this CD was it worth the buying?           ...
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 11, 2007 11:09
definitely           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Parasense - Avangard - 2003 (Acidance Records)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance