Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Panick - Lab-O-Matic (Neurobiotic Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Panick - Lab-O-Matic (Neurobiotic Records 2006) CD

Vyenn

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 15:26
best full on album i heard since Celli album.
great psychedelic music.
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 02:27
very good release,
amazing psychedelic, pure definition of psychedelic fullon,
it exist

lot's of varations and many influences,
they don't stick to their one sound and reforming it but keep on presenting new sounds over and over,
same with the basslines,

pure joy for homelistening...

a 2006 classic that's for sure...

good work           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Get-a-fix
Getafix

Started Topics :  147
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 00:59
This is original stuff, melodic at parts but still dark..I just love the way Panick works with all those sounds blending into each other perfectly..Its hard to describe but he's got his own unique style & that's why i dig this album! It is just dripping with psychedelia & the production is top notch!!

Highly recommended!
          http://www.soundcloud.com/getafixmusic
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 03:42
can't get enough of this,
it's on mp3 player all day long when I walk in the sun,

this is pure joy

there's not one but one second I can find when this album doens't draw my attention,
not one moment I get bored,

amazing !!!!!!!           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 17:11
Quote:

On 2006-06-06 16:22, DeathPosture wrote:
I’ll take this over Vibe Tribe, Dali or… Infected Mushroom (!) ANY day!

I couldn't agree more..
This cd is starting to grow on me..I like it..

"The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 18:09
I love the sound of this album: crispy, crunchy, phat, psychedelic full on - and certainly not cheesy. Despite my love of Panicks sound, I must say I was more impressed with "Rocket Pocket" though, which in my opinion had more clever ideas and surprising twists'n'turns.

Overall "Lab-O-Matic" is one of the best full on albums released this year though - recommended!
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Jul 1, 2006 03:01
I am very happy to see, that at last! this album receives the recognition it deserves. And was flabbergasted to read the (negative) criticism with such catch all, run-of-the-mill adjective as "psychedelic", which don't do justice to this great album. Production wise it's massive, and super phat (amazing bass!). And as Edoardo said, it's a challenge to make a match when you mix this sci-fi music.
The lovers of the "rocket pocket" will find a lot of elements — especially in the rhythmic, bass kick combo — that will remind them of Panick's first album. As for the positive influence of Sub 6, I can clearly ear it, not so much (or only) in track 8, but also in one synth line of Jibjab which is remisent of Buttersonic.
Overall, I really like his minimal, tekky, electro clubby, almost abstract approach, which is stripped of the usual fluff and fuss you find in cheap full on.
Best Israeli full on release so far this year, IMHO, together with Hujaboy in a quite different style. Gongrad Neurobiotic for this album; and Thumbs up Nick!!! Keep it up!

dimospsy

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 1, 2006 20:20
what a cd.... one of best of 2006 for sure!!!
--------------
best tracs 2. and 5.
-------------
***psypiT***
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 20:54
If I had to sume this album with just one word...that would be solid
A hell of an album, a challenge, this is orientated to the old trancers with a love for good taste.
As I said before...a masterpiece.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
djon

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 7, 2006 16:41
very good album man keep it that way!!!
Voice Project

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 8, 2006 16:45
nice stuff keep it up
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jul 9, 2006 18:16
that guy really nice...must hear his set at the party           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
Master Main

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 10, 2006 10:33
nice album... i like the track with sub6....
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Aug 3, 2006 21:51
My review:

Panick - Lab-O-Matic ( Neurobiotic , May. 2006 )

Track List:
1. Menace To Society
2. Blind Sensations
3. Radioshake
4. Incsoc
5. Lab-O-Matic
6. Cronick Candy
7. Class-X
8. Cap Zion
9. Jibjab
10. Manic Miner Edit

Nick Laniado is the man behind Panick, a psychedelic trance project focused in the music structure and the assembling of different elements in a synergetic way. Panick's debut album was released in 2003, and in spite of being very different from the full on being released at that time got positive and enthusiastic feedback. This second album comes out with the same quality of all Neurobiotic Records releases, it couldn't be better. The cover is futuristic and I don't think I got its message, so let's move to the music.
The first track set the pace for the album, which can be easily listened from the beginning to the end without any abrupt changes, but don't think it's a boring release, it's just the opposite, packed with light and darkness on the right dosage this is one of the best Israeli full on releases of the year. Also I found it exceptional to home listening, it has a continuous flow that makes it less disturbing than the regular "full of breaks" full on. Most tracks here will move the dance floor, so I recommend the wise DJs out there to avoid playing the more formulistic and already overplayed tracks like Jibjab, Incsoc and Cap Zion, and try to mix more original and still fresh tunes like the edit to Maniac Miner, Lab-O-Matic and Blind Sensations. Yes, sometimes some tracks sound like Infected Mushroom or Sub 6, but not enough to label Nick's music as "unoriginal", in fact with this album he confirmed the verdict he got with his debut, of producing original, fresh and effective full on. The album total playtime, including the bonus track "Maniac Miner Edit", is around 65 minutes, which is not much for 10 tracks, and this means some tracks are shorter than the usual psychedelic tunes. Since this music really makes me dance instead of complaining about the short album length, I'll listen to it again.

Recomendation: I recommend this release to everyone who likes full on, from home listeners to the professional DJs. Lab-O-Matic is one of the best Israeli full on album released this year. Surely it's a good way to spend your money.
Favorites: 1, 2, 10.

Also read here:
http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=843

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Sep 19, 2006 08:33
Yeah good stuff indeed .. at home it sounds huge .. the sounds are massive !! I wouldnt call this dark at all .. its hard full on which dj's could play in the afternoon time balagaan .. Good job by panick ..Really impressed
          missing plug-in
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Panick - Lab-O-Matic (Neurobiotic Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance