Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ovnimoon - Camanchaca (Synergetic - 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ovnimoon - Camanchaca (Synergetic - 2006)

MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : May 21, 2006 11:55
Ovnimoon is Hector Stuardo from Chile, and he starts to be well known in the downtempo - ambient circus after e few releases on Anjuna, Synergetic, etc. compilations.

Camanchaca is his first album, which contains some of his previous singles and new unreleased tracks. The style is best defined as deep and dimensional downtempo with tribal and ethnic elements, while there are a couple of tracks leaking more on the progressive trance side.

The downtempo tracks are beautiful and very deep (first three tracks). 'High NRJ' is a shift into other dimensions and put me in an extatic vibe. As for Camanchaca, it is an extremely beautiful tibetan soundscape...

The Shamanic Dance on Ayahuasca track is a nice beautiful and extactic uptempo one, and the El Arbol Araucano track is also dimensional, on the deep progressive trance style.

Todos, a collective track, is a dubby trippy one, i wish there were a few more on this style.

Overall, it's a great success, IMO. I already blissfully played quite a few tracks of this album in the chill rooms.

Faves: 1, 4, 6, 8 and 9

V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
ovnimoon
Ovnimoon

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 21:08
thanks for the review!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 00:17
Missing a tracklist:

1. Arcoirs
2. Viaje l sur
3. La India
4. Shamanic Dance on Ayahuaska
5. El arbol arauacano
6. Todos (ovnimoon vs Trancemission vs Mandulk)
7. I love you
8. High nrg (Divinidad rmx)
9. Camanchaca (Reike Pacha mama rmx)           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
PsYcH0naUT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 14:45
I like the downtempo tracks very much, fresh and chilled.
If you ask me you better stick with slower music, the uptempo tracks are somehow the downside of this still very good debut album. excited to hear more
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Jun 13, 2006 14:24
Chill tracks are very good ones very relaxing the more proggy ones are also nice ones bro well done!
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 14, 2006 01:55
pretty short review, which is not a problem off course,
just got this blowing through my speakers today...

I like, and more then a lot...

problem is with, well problem is very hard to caterogize this release,

the atmosphere is dark, but very subtle and thought true dark, but to me imo it's not dark psychedelic trance...
the bassline is fullon, but is not the main factor in this release, very good drive but it's part of the concept... the bassline is not created to be very fast, hard, but floathing, keeping you busy... lots of varations and more macho, it's not like the typical basslines we experience like ananda shake for example, totally not, more rinkdadink minded...
the psychedelic sound are mostly short, no long waves, sometimes little speaking sounds repeating 8 steps as underflow but not continues... it's more a continue of psychedelic joy, actual climaxes aren't present, it's not that the release or tracks go from extase nul procent to hunder procent, there's a certain stability, no suprises but you can always count on it, doesn't get boring at all, which in imho a very good mark for homelistening...
the album gets more 'full' towards the end and a bit harder which obiously normal,
advancement is always present

end conclusion:
a release with many different directions, sometimes morning tinted sounds combined with a dark atmosphere, it's like what do we have to feel, smile or not (kidding),
varations is absoluty present here and this album scores big time...

do they have a typical sound, imo I would say no not specifiek but I believe they created a typical atmosphere which is continue present through the release that I haven't seen before in other albums...

favourite part:
the spiral sound used in the middle of track 6, wooooooow
thank you, as an old skool fan also this is like absloute joy,

grtz koen           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jun 26, 2008 16:54
WOW and double wow, sometime i wonder how i inspite of listening to soo much psychedelic music i still miss releases like these ??!!

i just heard the whole album and listening to it since yesterday and all i can say it this is sooo bloody mystical be it the chill tracks or the trance tracks like shamanic dance on Ayahuasca..massively psychedelic music some of the tracks are actually made for the forests..the lost forgotten woods..the sounds in this album is a journey towards distant memories and deja VU for me sitting in this cave of mine..but i soo placed myself within a forest.

I heard the forest music before(dark)but this one is purely finding your way through the woods...mesmerizing album IMHO.

Best tracks :
1. Arcoirs
2. Viaje l sur
3. La india
4. Shamanic Dance on Ayahuaska
8. High nrg (Divinidad rmx)
9. Camanchaca (Reike Pacha mama rmx)

The last track completely NUMBS you even when sober !!

Great one ovnimoon you are very talented i must say !!!

Boom

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
ovnimoon
Ovnimoon

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jun 30, 2008 07:19
hi friends!
well, i try understand all the words, but no very possible jejeje, i no speak english, but i think this album like alot... and well, also this album no have all perfect , have much mistakes, hard for me explain better, but im very happy read about my album is difficult to say is just one style
i try give alot of colours and moments
some tracks are very crazy , but is just this :;)

music and messages..

i like do music with history..
i try do my best for do music no just for dance...
i like do music for all the times in u life
i try do not music for play and mouthns later forget

i hope everybody got me! jejee
and understand..

peace and love
paz y amor

from chile

Hector aka Ovnimoon/ Stuardo
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ovnimoon - Camanchaca (Synergetic - 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance