Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Ornament - "Bleu" - [2004, Cyan Music] Australia
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ornament - "Bleu" - [2004, Cyan Music] Australia

BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Aug 8, 2005 07:41
Artist: Ornament
Title: Bleu
Label: Cyan Music
Released: 2004
Origin: Australia

Tracklist:

1. Elgarhythms - 8’29” - 80bpm
2. Hypernicus - 7’42” - 84bpm
3. The jessee tree - 9’59”- 100 bpm
4. Bleu - 7’55” - 84 bpm
5. To love is to laugh (overture) – 1’43”
6. To love is to laugh – 9’53” – 80 bpm
7. Yehuvaroom (overture) – 3’38”
8. Yehuvaroom – 6’52” – 61 bpm
9. Ambeyond - 10’34”

Review:

If you just can’t handle yet another album of Nutra-sweetened Indian grooves or “healing” zen flutes to accompany your practice, this fine release by Australian psychedelic ambient label, Cyan Music, might be for you. Completely lacking in “new age” or ethnic sounds - this is original music that’s beautiful, cliché-free and truly exotic.

Ornament’s “Bleu” is an album of subtle beauty – revealing it’s essence only after many sessions. For several weeks after I got my copy, I eagerly looked forward to unwinding with it at the end of each day. With headphones and a spiritual book in hand, I‘d crawl into bed – and soon be comforted by the smooth acoustic grooves and swelling musical tides. I discovered many whispers, pristine landscapes and buried treasures inside it. Exhausted after my long day and finally content, I’d drift effortlessly off to sleep – hopefully remembering to remove my headphones.

The album features a prominent double-bass, soft electric guitar jams – and enough “real instruments” to appeal to fans of psychedelic rock, or jam-band music. “The Jesse Tree” is brilliant, jazzy foray into nowhere with a super silky flow – perfect for asana practice. “To Love is to Laugh” is a beautiful sky-scraping gem with a voice sample whispering untold secrets of the North Pole, and cultural rituals of the Eskimo people. “Ambeyond” is the final beatless ascent into harmonic ambient heaven.

Tempo and Energy:

This album has slow, relaxing beats, mellow cord-changes and plodding acoustic grooves that don’t suggest dancing – but rather daydreaming or easy physical motion. The cover photography shows frozen landscapes and snow-flocked forests – suggesting a pristine, wintery kind of feeling. This image fits the music – as I could feel like I’m like sliding gracefully across an ice pond in some tracks, and blissfully hibernating inside a thick sleeping bag during others. The music is versatile and well-designed enough to compliment the wide spectrum of activities from lazily chilling out, socializing with a few close friends, or vinyasa.

Suitable for:

Quiet time and quality relaxation. For me it sounds best on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning before and during gentle yoga practice. This is elegant, timeless music that chillers, healers and yoga freaks will probably resonate with.
intrees
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Aug 8, 2005 20:50

Hey Brett, I've had this release in the back of my mind for a while, I was looking for something a little, as you say away from cliches and typical new age sounds. This seems to fit the bill pretty nicely, samples at www.amboworld.com sound great.

I will post some more comments when I give this one a proper listen - headphones on standby!!

- - It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice... - -

www.revolvemagazine.co.uk
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Ornament - "Bleu" - [2004, Cyan Music] Australia

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance