Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Orebro Freakfactory 4 (Stone Age Records) - 2006
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Orebro Freakfactory 4 (Stone Age Records) - 2006

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Oct 27, 2006 14:28
Compilation: Orebro Freakfactory 4
Label: Stone Age Records
Released: October 2006
Covers: http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/239650-01-front.htm
http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/239650-01-back.htm

Tracklist:

1. Dantalians - Exploring Minds
2. Blisargon Demogorgon - Vampire Hunters
3. Trashlords- Chicken Pop
4. Phobium - Magma
5. Abandoned Noise - Hands are still alive
6. Wizack Twizack - Jungle Juice
7. Arsenic - Time has come
8. Serba - Low
9. Troglodythes - Vibrating Strains
10. Nexus - No Clouds

The review:

Track 1: We start off with a (to me at least) unknown group. A dark atmospheric intro with some samples. Beat comes in at around 15 seconds and then at 1 minute the bassline comes in and this is a wicked ass bassline. Reminds me of old Chakra & Edi songs. Anyway, it proceeds with a nice acidic lead and onwards to success. I'm liking this one.

Track 2: In sound much like the first track only with a sharper edge to it. A pumping bassline once again and it's all pretty uplifting stuff, with a dark edge. Nice track.

Track 3: Nice enough, but I find this one a bit boring to really grab my attention. It's a filler, that's for sure. Not bad, but certainly not a stormer either.

Track 4: A hard edge, at times it almost sounds like they're trying to produce hardcore, especially around the 6 minute mark and onwards where the kick is really pumping in a hardcore like rhythm. Anyway, a decent track, gets the synapses flowing nicely.

Track 5: Gets pretty hard again, especially towards the end. It's remarkable but lately I began listening hardcore again and sometimes the way that darkpsy is built reminds me a lot of that. Anyhow, pretty dark track this. It has a bit of a cold atmosphere. Nice enough, good work on the samples.

Track 6: Wicked ass basslines here folks. Wobbly as hell just as I like 'em in this kinda music. Pretty standard track though. If it wasn't for the basslines in this I think I probably wouldn't even really like it. As it stands now, I like it.

Track 7: Is darker and with that I mean lower in key than most tracks so far. It's got a sharper kickdrum and it does the job nicely on creating a darker atmosphere. The break at around 3:20 where the beat changes isn't all that great though, but the rest of the song makes up for it. Nice one.

Track 8: Sounds a lot like the track before, but even darker maybe. Low is a good title for it anyway. Not much variation, but somehow it manages to pull me in. Ok track.

Track 9: In sound a lot like Trashlords. Good work on the morphing acidline, but the bassline is too soft and too repetitive in my opinion. Not one of the best tracks, but it fills up nice here.

Track 10: Standard Nexus sound, samples from Resident Evil again, which is not a big plus from my point of view but the song actually works. I found my foot tapping along the bassline with this. Not bad at all.

Conclusion time: And there you have it. Another dark compilation that maybe well worth your money. With some good tracks and only two real fillers this could be worth your money. I bought it anyway, and I'm liking it. Check the samples and see what you think. I can reccommend this one if you're looking for some solid dark psytrance.

Samples here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sto/sto1cd010.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6131           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
phobium
Phobium

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 30, 2006 15:04
Acidhive, you hit spot on regarding my track. When I made that I had some schranz-techno/early 90s hardcore thoughts going on in my head, hence the ride cymbal and snare on each kick towards the end.

All in all a nice review.           ________________________
www.phobium.net
http://phobium.bandcamp.com/

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 31, 2006 15:53
Would like to thank u for the review!
And we wich you all a pleasent 2007 with lots of good music and partys!
We @ stoneage rec will be launching 2 releases (Trashlords Full Leight and VA - Nordic Mythology) in the very early beginning of the year, hope yaŽll will enjoy them!

<stoned>           OUT NOW!!
Trashlords - Made In Goa - Jan 07

COMING SOON:

SPLIT ALBUM - WIZACK TWIZACK AND TRASHLORDS
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Orebro Freakfactory 4 (Stone Age Records) - 2006

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance