Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Order Odonata 6 (Dragonfly, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Order Odonata 6 (Dragonfly, 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Aug 3, 2001 14:40:23
[b][u]Order Odonata 6 (Dragonfly, 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Saiko-Pod- Silent Running 7:48
2. Vibrasphere- Nino Loco 7:59
3. Aphid Moon- Elavate 7:28
4. Pylon- Evolve 7:42
5. Noma- Two-D 8:58
6. Zodiac Youth- Space (paranoid sunglasses mix) 7:50
7. Sandman- Jungle Rock 8:24
8. Shakta- No Conspiracy 6:52
9. Prometheus- Snowblind 7:08

Well, after the 3rd Order Odonata I parted ways with this legendary series of compilation, to come back now and find it still on the right track. More clubby, as seems to be the case with all UK trance (and not only...) these days (get out to nature ppl!!!), but still psychedelic, moving, interesting and fun to listen to. This compilation has been a favorite with me the last few weeks.
It opens with a very clubby, almost housey tune, but very groovy as usual from Saiko-Pod. Not my cup of Chai. Vibrasphere dub us with the groovy crunchy Nino Loco (T2)- happy and loony jumpy one. Aphid Moon (T3) continue into darker realms with a lot of percussive joy and irresistible groove, and an atmosphere and sounds that remind me of old wild psytrance of few years back- a gem. Than it's Kiwi time with another goody from Pylon (T5)- an atmospheric driving dark groovy and percussive tune. Another favorite here and another name from New Zealand to remember after Pitch Black and Antix. Noma Follows with an in-between Noma track (T6)- that is, in-between his dark minimal stuff (like the album) and penetrating emotional dawnish stuff (like his Medium releases). Nice one, but could use a global cut. Then it's veterans' time when Zodiac Youth (T6) meet with Yoad Nevo (one of Israel's trance pioneers that disappeared and one of the best sound technicians in Israel) with a trippy tribal tune colored in nature morning sounds. Some old fashion hectic psychedelia in today's cloths. Enter Sandman! and with a surprise- Jungle Rock is a hysteric morning anthem- still dipped in loony toony out-of-this-world psyeffects that only the Sandman can make. I love those Siam-like sounds (for those who know old 80's Israeli new wave sounds) opening the track. Mr. Shakta is next with No Conspiracy, nice sounds, but no interesting story. Anyway I would put this track before the Noma track. Ending the CD is Prometheus with another crunchy psychotic morning tune to match Sandman's one.

[b]Bottom Line:[/b] Very nice one from Dragonfly, interesting psychedelic danceable fun compilation with a nice blend of artists and music. [b]Favorites:[/b]2, 3, 4(!), 6(!), 7(!), 9.

___bagakid
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 3, 2001 15:30:52
thanks Shahar, i've ignored this series in long -but i might buy this one.
___Romanich
Old Forum Member
Posted : Aug 5, 2001 13:09:47
Great CD !
I got it couple of weeks ago and i can't stop listen to it.
Noma & Saiko-Pod are my favorites.
___Purple_Haze
Old Forum Member
Posted : Aug 6, 2001 11:14:13
mmmmmmm
i dont know
didnt like it that much
but it has couple of good tracks
:)
___Sex-Tazi
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 9, 2001 18:48:30
Couple? No bad track here except Silent Running which doesn't belong to the line which takes place with the trax afterward and Snowblind which breaks the minimal-techno line with really weak melodies.

Favorites: 2(!), 5, 6(!!), 7, 8
___Sex-Tazi
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 10, 2001 12:51:20
Just found out that Nino Loco means "crazy boy".
___MentalProjection
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 10, 2001 18:10:54
Its spanish, havent u seen Blood In Blood Out? Ehhh loco, el chicane.... ;)

You probably knew this but i felt this urge for some writing......

8)

M.P
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Order Odonata 6 (Dragonfly, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance