Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Optokoppler - Replugged (April 2005 , USTA Records)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Optokoppler - Replugged (April 2005 , USTA Records)

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Apr 25, 2005 15:46
Hi All !

Optokoppler are Oliver Schmidt and Tim Rskn, both 26 from Hamburg - Germany. They are out with their debut album in Underground Sound of Tel Aviv Records :

1. Clean
In the first track, you can understand what the target of this album - breaking legs in the dance floor !!!
On the first 6 minutes, you can hear "clean" bass line without too much melodies and games...the brake in 06:10 going with electronic vocal, than came some playing from no where and when the kick enter the dance floor burning.

2. Straight
The direction here is clear - keep kill
Diffent than the first track, here you don't know what to expect...the game in 04:30 really catch me...high melodies all over...there is not one second to relax, you must be always in motion

3. Tool time
Track number three is more "easy" then the first two tracks. The bass line here is more groovy and there are many melodies, the melodi on 04:25-04:49 just beatifull, luots of emotions and feelings...great !!!

4. Persia
After one "relaxing" (in compare to the other tracks) the madness must go on. Massive bass line without merci. In 06:06, after short male vocal enter in suprise amazing goa melodi that take you back in time...one of the most beatifull melodies I ever heard...keep it up Oliver & Tim.

5. Conqueror
Nice tune here... a lot of "healthy" noise. On 03:52 start a starnge female singing and this singing back also in onther parts of the track.

6. In to the system
The kick here start after 2 seconds without any melodi or something, it's a long trip of 10 minutes and 26 second and in this trip you can find guitars, vocals, fantastic melodies and all the things we need for good trip to the sky

7. Intergalactic
A lot of positive energies escape from this tune. The main brake that start from 04:48 and finish in 06:10 make me unload lots of energies.

8. Traditions
Last but not least...another magical track from this suprising project, you never know what expect from them...they always have some suprises in the pocket...powerfull track with some traditional melodies. You must hear what they did in the last brake...quite and than big noise and from this noise do out some female vocal...no limits for this two talented guys.

All in all, I came to this album without expectation and I got big suprise...this album turn to be one of my favorites albums in all time.
I can hear that Tim & Oliver put a lot of effort in this album and thats the reason it's became so quality.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ust/ust1cd502.html
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Apr 25, 2005 22:12
This one is nice! Very melodic in an old-school way. Good luck guys - hope it does well!
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Apr 25, 2005 22:48
Is it new project, right? I hear they will be at Fullmoon Fest. Looking forward to hear they playing.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Apr 26, 2005 02:14
Quote:

On 2005-04-25 22:48, Voice of All wrote:
Is it new project, right?

Oliver & Tim are not so new in the trance scene but as you said 'Optokoppler' project is a new one.
For more information about this project, check their offical web-site :
http://www.optokoppler-music.com
Moe

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 26, 2005 15:50
Amazing Album, finally some germans r giving us some good tunes facing all the copy paste full on from all over the world. We really miss the good old sounds. Nice projects, and keep it up but plz dont produce more if its not better than replugged. For instance, Cosmic tone made and amazing first album, the second and the third killed their reputation. Dont make the make mistake.
Boohna

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 27, 2005 08:52
Quote:

On 2005-04-25 22:48, Voice of All wrote:
Is it new project, right? I hear they will be at Fullmoon Fest. Looking forward to hear they playing.

They're from germany
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Apr 28, 2005 02:20
They're from germany
yeah I got it but not all German atrists are participating there...

2 guy cohen: thanx for link           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : May 1, 2005 20:56
These guys rocks with their good quality m,usic and nice vibes..
These album is a must for all melodic trance lovers still very fresh ideas..
Boom
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jun 14, 2005 22:28
When i first heard their sound on Loud Frequecy with Sie Nannten Ihn Locke, i labeled their work as morning prog. So beginning the listen of Replugged i was convinced it would be this direction. I quickly understand i got false.

Clean : A muffled dark hypnotic full on whirlwind at first which gets more light constrated after 4’45 with a melodic will o’ the wisp lead. At 6’15 a deep abyssal break atmosphere prepares the will o’ the wisp climax conferring a final cosmic floating touch to the tune.

Straight : The tones are more metallic here (the high volted lead at 2’45) from which results a more slicing/bleeding spirit with a still muffled dark flavoured background. The break at 4’30 is nicely sad, gloomy reminding me a bit of the Cosma-Non Stop album. That’s when, the high volted lead riffs come back at 6’00. The last 2’ are more enlighten with a background shrill woman chant.

Tool Time : The progression of the track is more spacey upto 1’50. Then the bassline starts to surge accompanied with a sustained rytmic. After a short free fall break, the shy & limping morning emotionnal melody makes his appearance at 4’34. The melodic theme wins self assurance with time & becomes a more virulent lead.

Persia : Contrarily to the previous ones, this tune has an immediate energic beginning coppled with an instantaneous bedecked sound treatment. At 3’00 a morning lunar & oniric lead arrives. After a dozen of seconds around 4’00 where you’ve got the impress of going beyond the sound barrier & you penetrate a turbulence field upto 5’45. After a short moment stationary, waiting for your authorization to open & cross the magnetic field , you can at least engage speed to the max & activate your turbo booster, direction planet Persia.
That’s when the tune becomes goaish backgrounded tasty to my ears.

Conqueror : At 2‘35 the lead is like a facetious & happy alien trying to talk with human beings with no real result. He encounters more success muting his voice into a betwitching cosmic siren chant at 3’52. Now it’s late you’ve been caught &are under its power.

Into The System : The rythmic is close to Tool’s one, but there’s more : tons of nervous sharpened riffs conferring an agressive but always positive feeling to the song. To confirm my words, Optokoppler have all forecasted with a break sample at 4’47 ‘a woman cryes of surprise & a man tell her «wow wow wow, relax, you’re ok …it’s just a simulation, it’s over, it was a test, judgement, concentration, technic high schools are everywhere…You get some blasts, You’re ok ?’. Get some atmospheric layer in oder to catch your second breath before heavy rocking starts again Into The System with more self assurance as now the woman is able to declaim these 3 words (8’52).

Intergalactic : I don’t why the Optokoppler dudes have decided to include this more clubtrance tune. Ok it’s not very noticeable at first as it is still quite close to the style developped in their album. Noneless, it’s particularly sounding with the break at 5’40 & following up the end. That’s a pity, personally i’d better enjoy a more groovy morning production like they managed to succeed with Sie Nannten Ihn Locke in the Loud Frequency compilation.

Traditions : One of the major attraction in this tune resides, for me, in its ‘yoghurt fx part’ between 7’50- 8’00, it’s a very little thing in the track but it makes me really happy & going degenerate.

To obtain a good idea of Optokoppler’s soundscapes take a third from Cosma-NonStop album for the night-dark emotionnal vibe, a third from Blue Vortex for their bassline & morning full on harmonies than add a neogoa background flavour in the melodies without forget a hint of their own spacey-ship tones & happy energized trademarks.
If this last time your taste got disconnected from full on productions, going through the listening of Optokoppler’s album could Replugged, reconciliate you with this style.

I do enjoy the whole album except 7 a bit less coz of the clubtrance final part influence.
Climax of the album :4,5,8
8/10
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 21:10
Keep Work Olli And Tim..
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jan 30, 2006 16:21
This album is true old goa spirit, but upgraded - up to date - with intelligent & unique full on. This masterpiece will last forever. Strong elements inside!
A must have album!

Tool Time & Intergalactic are pearls of art!

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jan 30, 2006 21:31
Clean is soo CLEAN!!!!

very good album imo!
black_cat

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 30, 2006 21:33
Excellent release, one of the highlights of 2005...
i just love it /especially no. 4/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Optokoppler - Replugged (April 2005 , USTA Records)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance