Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Optic Wave - Fiber Divitions ( EQNation , Mar. 2009 )
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Optic Wave - Fiber Divitions ( EQNation , Mar. 2009 )

lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Aug 15, 2009 14:10:07
Optic Wave - Fiber Divitions ( EQNation , Mar. 2009 )

1. Dreamer 9:17
2. Leaving Paradise 9:38
3. Spectral Vision (rmx) 9:40
4. Subie Trust 8:56
5. Vocomondo 9:36
6. Lizard 9:04
7. Ravages of Life (rmx) 9:37
8. Winterized 9:16

Reviewing the latest releases on the standard internet shops that I'm visiting every day, I encountered an interesting cover that attracted me to click on it and check out the release. This was the first time I stumbled upon this project. According to samples, I found out that it is some kind of progressive trance with techno beats. As soon as I got CD I started listening.

It begins with a standard progressive trance rhythm, but at first I was attracted by the dance rhythmics, while other elements are expressed in ambient forms and somehow float above the beat. Mystical and calm. Totally different entities with compact elements. I like, from time to time, to hear more raw production. I'm not into generated and stereotype sound that much. I like it when artists take a bit of freedom, so that adds a livelier note to the music that here. The album contains a variety of styles, from very minimal trance with very minimal beat to softer progressive trance with lots of pads and leads. There are also some introductory housey rhythms that can be found in a lot of the tracks on the album, so some of the tracks can easily fit in progressive sets, not just in trance or, as I already said, in techno.
Especially interesting for me was the fact that this album, in a couple of moments, takes me back to the 90s, when you could often find this kind of sound and production. I don't know how the younger generations feel about electronic music from the last millennium, but I certainly can say that I adore the so called "old school" production. Of course, in other moments, the pads and leads bring back the tracks to the new sound and production. For me the favourite, without equal, is Subie Trust (T4) because I really enjoy deep and minimal sound with stronger dynamics and energy on the beats. That track is very special. As far as marking the old and not so old, good times, I'm connected to Lizard (T6). Really great composition.

Recomendation: Past-present-future, a great combination in music. Lovers of what people call, "galloping" or "rolling" bass lines, will not be disappointed. This album offers a good concept of progressive music with a whiff of the past inside. I think that I will not miss Optic Wave at the coming Aurora festival. I'm very curious how this music will sound live on a stronger sound system. And as party people say at the end: Stay progressive )))           ------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Optic Wave - Fiber Divitions ( EQNation , Mar. 2009 )

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance