Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Open (Surreal Audio, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Open (Surreal Audio, 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Sep 17, 2001 23:41:53
[b][u]Open (Surreal Audio, 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Big Green Pleasure Machine- Buggin' Out (AB remix) 7:40
2. Kiwa- Fancy Medical Experience 6:39
3. Squaremeat- Do it Square 7:55
4. Pelinpala- Oota Ei Oo 5:50
5. Overflow- Thingamajig 4:40
6. Texasfaggott- One King 3:49
7. Spaztech- Depression 8:24
8. Possible Apple- Daddy 6:02

Ah, those nutty people from Funland... A joy!!! Trance it's not, at times it's not even psychedelic, but it's delicious electronic dance music, and it's nutty as only the Finnish can make it be.
It all starts with the Ozzie-Finnish connection (has anybody figured that one out already??), with AB, Nick Taylor & friends in an AB remix- a funky breaky psychedelic tune to shake your ass to. We go on with Kiwa, the only track here that can fall into my very broad definition of trance, still funky and mad as hell. Squaremeat Do it Square (T3), which means funkadelic with a big F and psychedelic with a big P. The 70s are back- spray your afros with UV colors! When the track ends you think: what now? Can they go further?
Well, they can. Pelinpala with Oota Ei Oo (T4) with another 70s jazzy funky piece- Acid Jazz is what they call it. I think Ray Manzarek would have liked this one. This is so hot, it would defrost an Igloo in Lapland!!! Overflow's Thingamajig (T5) is a naughty knotty jazzy track with caressing funky Zappa-like melodic lines, sprayed over crazy rhythms. Texasfaggott with a nice little one, but the sound... The fact that people are having fun doesn't penetrate my brain if the sound is bad, if you get my drift. Didn't like this one. The sound remark goes for Spaztech (T7) as well. It's a nice drum'n'bassy track with some flashes of brilliance, but the sound is so low-tech that I just can't listen to it. A shame. But if you go through these two, you'll get a real treat- the cream on the top of the hot pie- Possible Apple's Daddy- a sexy funky piece of music that will make Austin Powers wet his pants (and I'm not talking about drinking too much beer baby)!!! Need I say more? Well, I'll just mention these old Deep Purple keyboards- I'm in love with this one!!! I want more!!!

[b]Bottom Line:[/b] The funky Finns will buttrock ya!!! For everybody with a butt to move and an open mind- buy this one NOW! [b]Favorites:[/b] 1, 2, 3(!), 4(!!), 5, 8(!!!).
___zumbavio
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 18, 2001 10:57:55
Funky punky crazy jazzy sexy mexi- what the fuck is going on here???
Funny Finnish stuff!
GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
___the_cannibal
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 18, 2001 15:40:28
finnish will always be finnishe! LoL
but some parts are a bit australien
waiting for more release's from surreal audio
___Auspexx
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  22
Posted : Sep 19, 2001 15:51:00
hehe...thought u'd appreciate this one shahar...
One remark - Overflow is actualy OutoLintu in a different pose, both are a guy named Jyrgen Sachau.

and another - would you believe that 'Daddy' was first considered for 'Digital Drops'? thanks, Jere (Halo)...
___Reece
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 30, 2001 13:20:00
-It all starts with the Ozzie-Finnish connection (has anybody figured that one out already??),
-

hmmmm.... were both countrys of weirdos?!

hehehe

anywayz, this cd is worth it just for the Squaremeat track (imo),
yeah baby! Psychedelic PowerDisco(tm) all the way!
to me the texas track is one of their best in terms of production, compared to petomanns peflett stuff
points also to possible apple too! so funkin 70's!
look out for an album on exogenic rec.'s soon!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Open (Surreal Audio, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance