Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Open Productions presents Audiogasm 2005 (Cairns, FNQ, Australia)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Open Productions presents Audiogasm 2005 (Cairns, FNQ, Australia)

Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Oct 9, 2005 09:19
Where: Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia

Lineup:

Sensient
Sun Control Species
Shadow FX
Hefty Output
Pondscum
Agent23
Raptor
Ketamind
Superflous Nipple
Luke Psywalker

+ a massive local lineup.

When: 30Sep-2Oct 2005

WOW!!!!

I was going to write some epic review of audiogasm, but when i tried to write in the style i used to i found i couldnt- magical events like this i think are best left to be experienced and not told as a story... Instead i think ill just share a few of my highlights and some things that made it so special for me.

One thing was evident from this party- even though there were a dedicated core crew who made this event happen (and work hard they did! many sleepless nights for many moons!) it was great to see the whole electronic music scene in Cairns band together and represent our town to the fullest. There was music from every style and every scene, and the flow of music was second to NO event ive ever visited. I must say not a DJ was out of place, and everything flowed sooooo smoothly all weekend musically. Wickid.

Its always hard to pick a favourite at a party with a lineup like this, but id have to say Hefty Outputs morning madness really left an impression on me. I dont know what melbourne promoters are doing putting these guys on at night- morning is the time for them. One of the best full on sets ive ever seen, really dug the "fast progressive" guys... lets lay some more cable. SunControlSpecies at 12:30 also changed the way i thought about trance music- doesnt matter how much i see this guy, every time he never fails to blow my mind and reaffirm his status as my favourite producer. Wiiiickedest SCS set ive ever seen to tell the truth, well done Drew, never fail to dissapoint. Sensient and Shadow FX werent far behing either, and minus one Cujo meant that those guys got to play extra time too (Siiiick if you ask me in the end!!!) Lui Raptor also delivered Saturday morning, got me working mate. Australian music has moved to new heights i think, anyone who experienced the sunday session at Audio witnessed some of the most cutting edge sounds in this country to date. A treat for all and an honour to play on a lineup with all these guys- a dream come true.

Biggest regrets of the party- falling asleep at the end of Lazarus's set and missing pondscum and most of agent 23- it was only a power kip but i heard i missed some landmark shit. Everyone said Pondscums live set set new standards, im really sorry Luke

Of the local guys, Dan Marshall on the first evening really opened me up, with his deep progressive tek gear pushing some experimental boundaries. Sounds we dont hear as much at outdoor events, Dan is one of the longest standing Djs in Cairns and his set showed it- slick mixing, sweet tracks (with a few originals thrown in!!!)- i love it when i hear good music i havent heard before. Wiiickid. I thought Lazarus from the trance crew really ripped shit, deepest most unshanti prog ive heard in a long time. Wiiickid shit. Also Solatek on Sunday evening was some of the most intelligent shit ive ever heard- hes a shaman, working the dancefloors in this town for years... no one can do it like he can. Player1 delivered as he always does in the full-on, as did buffalo pilot and psymon.

The system? Well, the crack of thunder on the flyer certainly did live up to expectations. The biggest system ive ever seen at a party in Cairns, this beast ripped like no other and was a pleasure to listen to (and play out of). We need more systems like this!

The setup and location was AMAZING. Sooooooooooo much effort into every detail, making the party look and feel amazing. The most shade ive ever seen at a party ever, wiiickid magical squares everywhere and a kickass sprinkler system that kept everyone cool all weekend. The market space was cool, food was easily available and good (gooo josie's pizza and konsottos vegeburgers!). Having the 2nd lagest rock formation in Australia behind ayers rock overhanging the party, with the lake and desolate cape country made it a real "bush" experience. It was interesting scenery before the party was there!

Another really cool thing was the opening ceremony on Saturday night. An elder from the Djungan tribe, Mr Alf Neal, officially opened the party in the name of the traditional owners of the area and gave us his blessings. His speach (although a little long winded!) made everyone laugh and it was nice to feel the unity of the party at that time. Talking to old "uncle alf" after he said to me "This is what i want happening on my land... It's alive again!" He was very excited and went back to rest of the aboriginal community with glowing reports! A nice piece of reconcilliation on a real level i think! (The abulance officer also left with similar reports, he told me it was the best organised youth event hed ever been too and had no trouble bar a few cuts and bruises from the scenery all weekend)

I met so many people from around australia at this event- heaps of crew from all over the shop rocked up and it was fully sweet to see everyone on the dancefloor sunday. Too many names to mention, but wiiickid to see you guys make the effort to come up here. It was also really cool to catch up with all thew crew who've come up before, it was good to see EVERYONE at the same party at the same time. Fully wiiickid.

In the end i think i could probably go on forever about how great it was. But i guess the only way to truely experience it is to come visit us next year. This party was truely world class, definately up there with the best parties ive ever been too. It was wiickid to be involved in such an amazing event and thanks to everyone who came along and rocked out in the bush The biggest thanks are especially reserved for the Open Productions crew- Thanks guys (especially ian and mossy) for making this an event ill remember for the rest of my life. Thanks for letting me be part. Peace

PS- PS The MAD HATTERS SOCIETY IS ON. and good to see no serious landcrab injuries.
          Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Oct 9, 2005 09:58
any pics?
ketamind
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 19:27
sed it befor and i'll say it agine
BEST PARTY IN OZ!!! (maybe not only..)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Open Productions presents Audiogasm 2005 (Cairns, FNQ, Australia)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance