Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Onionbrain – 10.192 A.D.
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Onionbrain – 10.192 A.D.

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Dec 7, 2010 21:50:48

01 - The Machine (136 BPM)
02 - Spice Travel (135 BPM)
03 - Wormhole (137 BPM)

listen to this ep is to embarc on dark territories..

the machine tune is the opening one, and it is a very dynamic and danceable track.the little horsey feedback on the kick and bass are really great. the leads are delicious, and i like very much these type of longe and vague electric style. more to the end of the tune some sponge sounds and a twist here and there change a little bit the mood of the track.the way it changes it is almost imperceptable and it works on perfect symbiosis.

now we enter a somehow slower territorie, being spice travel the slowest tune of the ep. In here, we are delivered some crystal clear leads, and this track, i feel, it is more "open" than it´s predecessor.at least the sounds are cleanear, but with a nice twistedness on the background here and there.some ringle sounds almost has clichés fill the few empty, yet it seems on purposed blank sounds. there are some wicked and strange voices, and i´m thinking if they are not from the movie dune. almost in the middle of the tune we have some leads that seem are brushing the air, before some breakdowns. more to the end some completly sounds out of the mood of the tune, but very fittable.i like the strange diferences in the combination of these sounds.

to finalize we are delivered the fastest tune in here with wormhole at a bpm of 137 - pretty fast hein? .There isn´t much here to say, because the tune is itself on the mood of the 2 previous tunes, and delivers sounds on those atmospheres.

Conclusion: do not be mistaken, by the slow bpm´s, this is music aimed for the night period, except it isnt tenebrous or horrordelic, and it is able to create such a nice warm feeling of good music. Althought it doesn´t bring nothing new to the trance comunitie, it surely brings a more mature artist (Onionbrain), knowing where he wants to go with his music.

The mastering was made by Andreh Torres (Bash) and the artwork was made by the artist himself.           ...
Alanita

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 9, 2010 23:46
yeah, thats the kind of music i wanna hear more!
love the style, bass, synths and composition...
keep rocking Bruno!
onionbrain
Onionbrain

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Dec 10, 2010 00:04
hey a3k thank you for the review!!!

for anyone who wants to listen to it, you can download this EP at:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/onionbrain-10-192-a-d
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Dec 10, 2010 17:35
I'm surprised with this Brazilian tech-trance stuff. Very good, indeed. It reminds me a lot of early TT. Hypnotic, spacey and refined. Congrats OB, great work!
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Dec 11, 2010 15:37
Nice songs on this ep, especially like The Machine. Soundz are very trippy throughout the song Not to be missed.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
tobearied

Posted : Dec 11, 2010 20:53
Very good stuff. I enjoy from your music more than ever. Thanks a lot I very spiced from this.
tobearied

Posted : Dec 12, 2010 00:04
Eat my brain Green Worm
badajalash
badajalash

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 14, 2010 03:23
wicked EP Bruno! looking forward to new tracks           www.selknamrecords.com.ar | www.soundcloud.com/badajalash | www.facebook.com/badajalash.music
via.axis
Via Axis

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 24, 2010 03:16
Amaaazing tunes!!!!! great review... I recently saw this live act, it was a night time BLAST!!!! very solid, deep and obscure...
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Dec 24, 2010 11:46
Me & Mubali listened to this one together & we like this a lot!

Mubali said if he would produce progressive it would be along these lines!           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
onionbrain
Onionbrain

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Feb 13, 2011 13:18
thanks for the review everybody! i'm glad you like it!!!

=)
Nomolos(Zenon Rec.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 1, 2011 14:11
Indeed fantastic sounds! good job mate           "....or is it???"

www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/thenomolos
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Onionbrain – 10.192 A.D.

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance