Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ominus - Ominus : Koyote Records (UK) ~1997~
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ominus - Ominus : Koyote Records (UK) ~1997~

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 6, 2006 07:48
Ominus - Ominus : Koyote Records (UK)

We Mean You No Harm (10:06)
Toxic Brainwaves (8:58)
Tribalistic (8:26)
Hallucinogenic Hyperdrive (8:32)
Acid Tester (6:22)
Shape Shifter (9:03)
Physical Encounter (7:28)
Mindbender (9:16)

http://www.discogs.com/release/27189

review:

Ask me the question “what is for 100% goatrance”… Then is this album the pure definiton… This release represent the true indian peace love en unity spirit which is started with goatrance… The title of the first number says a lot ofcourse… This is verry melodic, uplifted and intelligent… No fast basslines but verry lights stap basses… Ominus works with a specific wave… An own created sound that i didn’t saw many artist do the same… The psychedelic wave don’t exist out of different ranks but in general it goes the same way… The samples are drug directed and because of that you noticed the typical goa spirit… The dansing in the nude around the fire are included with it, way of speaking… Ominus knows how to keep his listeners busy, it is not like you have to expect on the end a big climax, but like a lot of goatrance there is just a sort of ‘continual’ quality… i just have a great pleasure for predicting what will come and the mystique sphere brings you literal in a timemachine ‘back to goa’…

This belongs certainly in my top 5 of goatrance releases and i just think its a pitty that ominus don’t releases more cd’s

This cd is a story, a pure trip and you don’t need a drug for created pleasure… The formula of ominus speaks and lives what goa releases like this makes infinite…

I don’t go to describe every song, only the familiar and typical…

We Mean You No Harm is a beautiful introducing song… the humble bass with light drums gifs directly the outdoor festival feeling and create a promising sphere… The climax on the 8st minute leads perfectly in every high quality that you can expect of ominus…

Hallucinogenic Hyperdrive is one of the playful and motivated goanumbers of this cd… The literaly excited psychedelic sounds sounded wat naive but created just because of that funny ‘lets dance together on goa’ sphere…

Acid Tester has a typical complaining wave like we know them of shakta lepton head III… intense and touching… beauty of a wave…

Acid tester is the famous song i think and is published on compilations like goa spirit 2, goa inside 3, strange vibrations & psychedelic visions 3

Mindbender is super constructive and here drives ominus his melodic waves till the farthest end… as closer is this a pure kick and you would listen to the cd directly once again…

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
shaygobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 7, 2006 03:42
wowowo you make me remamber in my old goa days ... thet whas a masterpice!!!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 7, 2006 14:42
I remember Miranda was in that project. I never got round to owning the full album, but I have some singles of it on compilations. Especially Tribalistic is a great track. It really sounds a lot like Miranda did back then, perhaps a bit more on the mystical side though. Good brainfood it certainly is and if you can get it (which is seriously doubt) you'd have a wonderful time listening to it           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ominus - Ominus : Koyote Records (UK) ~1997~

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance