Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Omegahertz vs. Goasia - Purple Energy II (Unicorn Music, 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Omegahertz vs. Goasia - Purple Energy II (Unicorn Music, 2006)

Psychedelic_Mustache
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 17, 2006 22:04
Artists: Omegahertz vs. Goasia
Title: Purple Energy II
Label: Unicorn Music
Catalog: UMCD011
Released: 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/umc1cd011_b.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Omegahertz - A Child From Another Planet
2. Goasia - Yin & Yang
3. Omegahertz - Primeval Civilization
4. Goasia - Spectralys
5. Omegahertz - Onar
6. Goasia - Spiritual Connection
7. Omegahertz - A Soul Rising...
8. Goasia - Totem

Goa - What is it to say about this genre that hasn't been said before? Probably nothing. It's golden days however seem long gone, and even though there have been somewhat of a renewed interest over the last coupple of years there are but a few brave labels who continue to push this music. Unicorn music is one of them, and even though the results has varied I salute them for there efforts. This time we're up for the second chapter of the Purple Energy series. As with it's origiantor, this disc contains music from two artists, namly that of Goasia and Omegahertz. I've been wanting to hear more from Goasia for a long time, while the only familiarity I have with Omegahertz comes from more chilled efforts. Expectations are 50/50 - huge for Goasia, and close to none for Omegahetz. Let's hope one delivers and that I'm plesantly suprised by the other...

Allright, enough ranting, let's go to the music!

01. Omegahertz - Child From Another Planet
The first few seconds of the opener sounds OK. Some bleeps, some choir and some more bleeps...Your average basic intro. From this on, sadly it's all downhill. This has all the worst elements from todays worst kind of full-on together with the worst elements of yester-years most terrible Goa. Ill-constructed melody, harsh sounds and well just overall crappyness...Gosh..I hate to sound like this, but the track is really, really awfull. Sorry!

02. Goasia - Yin and yang
Next up we have Goasia, and after having our ears raped with the first track this is pure bliss! From the moment this sparks off you feel there is an entierly different quality involved here. Yes, there are melodies, there are atmosphearic breakdowns and a general 'upliftingness' here that might turn alot of people off present. I suspuct however that these people won't be purchasing this album in any event. This is full-blown good'ol mood-enhancing Goa-trance with a slightly more modern touch. Nice!

03. Omegahertz - Primeval Civilization
Once again we're treated to what might be a slightly promising intro. You have your bleeps and you have your choir, and it all seems rather nifty and jolly. Don't hold that thought for more than a few seconds, though, because now it's time to bend over. And yes. It will hurt. Seriously. You will quite possibly bleed...This is possibly more awkward than the first track, and ceirtanly bleak compared to Goasia. This is like beer without alchohol, it's like coffee without caffeine and it's like acid without...uhm...well...acid... Annyways you should get the general idea by now.

04. Goasia - Spectralsys
Spectralsys is Goasias second input here. This time there's no time for an intro as we're instantly dragged into the storming 4/4 action. Again, this is a track that's pretty close to being a perfect Goa-track. It's melodious, it's pounding, it's energetic and it's uplifting. The multilayeredness works very well and none of the sounds feel like their awkwardly put together.. Goody!

05. Omegahertz - Onar
Allright people, let's not abandon all hope that Omegahertz can create something worthwhile. The intro once again feels like it could go somewhere with a few nice sounds put together before the actual "music" begins. Again the plastic-fantasic factor rockets through the roof as we're served an exceptionally annoying blend of sounds. It might possibly be SLIGHTLY better than the two previous efforts, but you have to use a pretty powerfull microscope in order to notice. NEXT!!

06. Goasia - Spiritual Connection
Being in between the Omegahertz-tracks really made me feel like Goasia's pieces where those of some seriously stand-outish goatrance the first couple of times I heard this album. After a while however, I began to ponder if this could have anything to do with the suffering I had to deal with in between. I have however come to the conclusion that no, this is actually seriously hefty music! "Spiritual Connection" is yet another action packed goa-effort thats would easily raise some hippie-smiles also standing alone. Nice!

07. Omegahertz - A soul rising
Hmm...The melodies in this track are somewhat listenable, I'll give him an extra point for that. Otherwise: see previous comments for earlier tracks.

08. Goasia - Totem
Luckilly Goasia is given the task of ending the album. "Totem" is another fine effort, though perhaps a tad less emotive than the first three tracks. It floats along nicely with a balanced mix of sounds, melodies and beats. It also manages to build somewhat even though it lacks somewhat of a "peak". Another good track by Goasia, but not the finish you might expect..

Final Words
I'm not quite sure what to make of this album. Flow-wise I think it's pretty much useless as those awfull omegahertz-tracks pretty much ruin it. As a collection of tracks it's pretty much a 50/50 thing, with one half being stellar, and the other being...well, far below par to put it nicely. To make sense of it in my little head, I like to think of it as two separate EP-releases, and with todays super-high-tech modern gadgets you are luckilly not physically forced to listen to all the tracks. So should you get this? I don't know really... It's really nice to get some fresh refill of good goa, but it's not so nice to fill up on utterly poor goa.

Psychedelic Mustache

Get it here:
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/y4tftz
Saiko: http://tinyurl.com/u8ryu           www.sonic-energy.net

www.psymus.blogspot.com
amphiton

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 18, 2006 01:05
Goasia is in my all-time top10 :)           [ cuBe ] :: cubeg.org •
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 22, 2006 22:13
amazing album,
very melodic and comparing to other well new skool they name it the drive isn't that fullonish,
it's has a bit the simplicity of nitzhonot once & while but just not,

I dare to compare some concept with the mystica style,

very motivating basslines, the kick isn't that doof like old skool but keeps you busy, crystal clear melodies, just like mystica provided ands suprised us with the days,

goasia more advancement and more subtle,
omegahert pure euphorical and fast...

good cd, ups and downs...

more please           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
headbot
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Oct 23, 2006 15:27
thanks for your feedabck,
Greetings from Greece,
Unicorn Music           www.cosmicleaf.com
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 03:09
a true goa album follow some of the good releases related this year. but with very good quality some like this needed           dont worry be hippie
headbot
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 3, 2006 00:55
thank you gandharva for the feedback,
kind regards,
Unicorn Music           www.cosmicleaf.com
IceElfe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Nov 4, 2006 07:05
great album, especially the first track           ~~~stay psy ~~~ fly high ~~~
~~~Ice~~~Elfe~~~

~~~ www.myspace.com/iceelfe ~~~
headbot
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 7, 2006 20:06
thank you icefairy for the feedback           www.cosmicleaf.com
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Nov 8, 2006 06:58
Thank you for your feedback, bot.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Omegahertz vs. Goasia - Purple Energy II (Unicorn Music, 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance