Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - oCeLoT - Night & Day (Moon Koradji Rec. 2013)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

oCeLoT - Night & Day (Moon Koradji Rec. 2013)

Moon_Koradji
Moon Koradji Records

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 8, 2013 22:41:13

Short album review wrote by dj Bez23 (Peak Rec.):

oCeLoT - Night & Day http://www.moonkoradji.com/mkcd008.html

Unafraid of experimentation, Aaron Peacock’s latest project breathes pure techno onto a psytrance canvas, resulting in a paradoxical pumping hybrid which is at times heavy, relentless and overwhelming whilst being playful, immersive and exciting.

Breaks are scarce and the kick takes centre stage as each tune builds in complexity and intensity. There's something of the attitude of forest trance, without the sense of absolute abandon or the intimidating pace.

oCeLoT's skills in the studio make sense of the chaos that often gets lost in the sound-mush of harder night music, while a frequently atypical bottom end keeps the drive and power in check. Synth work is often percussive, especially on Thirteen and Oxymoron, adding to the filthy techno vibe. Later track Wiggle Waggle and The First Day find us back in more familiar psytrance territory, crisply produced and as ever taking us on a journey.

Stunning artwork seals the deal on one of oCeLoT's finest releases.

www.moonkoradji.com
antic

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 12, 2013 17:41
This is indeed one of the best releases this year, next to Hedonix' album.

It's immediately recognizable as Ocelot, but this time it's more varied than usual - it mixes full-on/goa in early tracks, through heavy & relentless techno/acid in the middle to prog/morning in the last third. Typically for Ocelot, even if the music is 'hectic' it somehow remains 'soft' - it's never screechy, grating and overly aggressive, and always retains this feel of being elegant & gentle. Sort of like James '007' Bond of psytrance - it will do the job, but with the grace of distinct gentleman

All in all, an awesome album; a must for every fan of Aaron's talent, although if you're new to his music I'd recommend 'You Live In A Zoo' first, as this one is more 'out there' and can scare the unprepared.
MahaVoodoo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 16, 2013 09:55
Yeah, love this album very much. Light and beautiful, like a morning sunshine.
snorklediver

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 21, 2013 17:56
wiggle waggle and the first day are my favorites here. really luxury feelings from this
the darker stuff in the middle is still clean and feels organized and tuned- not messy. very good album.
Nidopsog

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 26, 2013 16:29
nice, i think ocelot's style is really far from messy. hes been providing a disctinctive flavour of psychedelia, not the typical dark psy-trance standART or smth like this... the opposite...always his own touch. Name an artist who falls in the same category/style as Ocelot!? U cannot.Simply because there is NOT such. Messy? Are our heads,ladies and gentleman. Keep digging I will get this album asap... moreover, Antic's description just 2 comments above and just about anything so far make this so desirable to me...All the contemporary artists and sound designers have a long way of eating hallicinogens till they reach this lvl i reckon....           " No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings "
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Sep 5, 2013 06:51
Terrie album sounds like someone try far to hard to be something new, and implementing an album that's covering a whole evening when it reality it's just dark psy.

100% worth buying as usual as Aaron has done excellent work and its a keeper for sure           Cuntus Maximus.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - oCeLoT - Night & Day (Moon Koradji Rec. 2013)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance