First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Nord lead 2x or 3

PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Sep 2, 2011 20:26
i would go with the modular if money is not a issue , but it s not really comparable.. one modular module can cost you more than the whole nord. last time i checked nord 2 rack were really cheap around 300 dollars if i remember.
Vermeee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Sep 23, 2011 05:45
i foudn someone selling the old nord lead rack 2 that s discontinued...

is it worth to buy it instead of the 2x?

i know the 2 has less polyphonia but i already heard people sayin the 2 has a more warm sound and better evelopes which s very good for psytrance...

i never touched a hardware synth so i have no ideia..           
http://soundcloud.com/bgos
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 23, 2011 14:20
never used the 2x , nord 2 is suposed to sound better, that what everyone say... but it s old, be sure to check all the knob if you got for it. some time they might move by themself,i mean send information while you dont even touch the synths ,it hapen on some old nords 2 ,just cleaning it inside might solve this,i don t know..
psynthetik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 25, 2011 18:28
I picked up the 2x rack the other day but am having issues setting it up properly. I have it set up in cubase as per the manual and no sound. I can use the knobs on the lead to control parameters on other vst's so I know its being recognized. It also gets a green bar at the bottom of cubase everytime I turn a knob, I assume that means it sees it.
I have it wired audio ports a and b to my interface inputs and the midi goes rack out to novation in and novation out to rack in. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance
psynthetik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 27, 2011 06:41
Ignore post, all is good now. Interface problem and not cubase
Also a misreading of midi connections!!!!
Vonoom
Vonoom

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 27, 2011 19:51
I love my 2X, it's the most used synth in my studio... Well recommended from here as well
          www.soundcloud.com/vonoom | www.vonoom.bandcamp.com | www.facebook.com/vonoom | www.flikflakfamily.com
psynthetik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 27, 2011 23:34
Yeah the little bit Ive played around with it, I love it. It will be getting LOTS of use!!
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Oct 17, 2011 22:28
Andi Vax says Nord Lead 2.

'In the studio I use Nord Rack 2 (original 1998 year model). It is MUST HAVE instrument for all trance (psychedelic, full on, progressive, etc) and house users. I don’t like NL3/Modulars because of different sound. NL2 sounds much more analogue to me. NL3/Modular is not bad, it’s just not sounding right to me '

Read interview here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-263333.html
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 17, 2011 23:59
imo the best nord is the modular as you can probably make a nord2 inside and way more, i think for purist it also have the best sound with nord 1 and 2.
Vermeee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Oct 18, 2011 03:09
fuck there was a dudew sellin the old nl2 in a city next ...1500 reais... more or less 650 dollars..

what s the price nowadays if u can find someone selling them ?

http://soundcloud.com/bgos
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Oct 19, 2011 13:59
I have a Nord Lead 2X for sale.
Anyone interested?
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 19, 2011 15:12
Quote:

On 2011-10-18 03:09, Vermeee wrote:
fuck there was a dudew sellin the old nl2 in a city next ...1500 reais... more or less 650 dollars..

what s the price nowadays if u can find someone selling them ?

i think it s a bit more than this price for a nl2 keyboard version , 700/800 usd
sento
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 14, 2011 08:48
Is it a difference in envelopes or sound between the NL2 and NL2x? ..for psytrance of course that is
aciduss
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Dec 14, 2011 17:31
I don't know the difference in sound since I haven't used a NL2x

I know a couple of technical differences tho... NL2 has only 40 writeable memory slots while NL2x has much more, you can buy a card for NL2.

Also NL2 has power chord attatched to synth and NL2x has removable chord if I remember right.

Anyway nord lead is a must for psy, is just so handy.
Vectorspectre

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 14, 2011 19:20
I have both. they sound different for sure. the NL3 has much more FM capability and the morph function is really nice as you can see the color rotary LED move with the modwheel. you can also start with a raw sound much easier on the NL3, but it will take you more time to get good patches as the factory presets are pure s-h-i-t. except the goa bass patch.. NL2x is psy right out of the box and can get to that signature sound quite fast. both are unique and work well in the trance genre.. they were also designed by two different teams so its not like the NL3 is an extension of the 1 or 2.. my .02
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Nord lead 2x or 3
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance